Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-21-2023, 02:41 PM  
Politically Incorrect

Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport is a ****ing zoo-jam packed

It's been close to 4 years since I've been on a plane and after 42 years and 39 countries, I have never seen an airport this jam packed. I heard after COVID it was even WORSE.

I'm sitting here surrounded by about 5000 people with no seats, no room at the bar, people tripping over each other and just a loud mess. Of course everyone rushing the gate to get on first.

I can see I will be drinking often and strong.

Glad it's a short flight......
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2023, 11:18 AM   #61
Politically Incorrect

At the airport again on my way to Chicago and this place couldn't be more opposite than Friday.

About 40% capacity, seats all around, on my first Bloody Mary and relaxing.

Thank God.....
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2023, 11:49 AM   #62
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
I made my goal and was the very last person on the plane.

It worked out great. Got middle seat in the exit row over the wing and huge legroom. The guy on my left in the aisle seat bought me 2 Lagunitas IPA's since he had over 20 Southwest drink tickets. He also was watching the new Top Gun on his phone and he put it up on the seat back and I watched that too.

Flight was 1:30 to Sacramento. Picked up by family and relaxing with family.

Easy peasy.

I love the Sacramento airport. I love tiny airports period. Santa Fe - awesome. Vail/Eagle - awesome. Victoria, BC - awesome. Ontario, California - awesome. Burbank - awesome. Reagan - awesome. Kona - awesome. Lihue - awesome. Guatemala City - awesome. Denver - F U. Seattle - F U. Orlando - F U. Dulles - F U. LAX - F U. Phoenix - F U.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2023, 12:25 PM   #63
Politically Incorrect

There is this small subset of random travelers who are oblivious to their surroundings, the protocols and rules for baggage, think spending $250 for a roundtrip flight cross country entitles them to private jet service and then the overpackers and gate rushers.

That small subset of assholes have ruined travel for the 90-95% of the rest of us.

At security screening at Sky Harbor, this women and her two kids packed EVERYTHING against regulations and it took 25 minutes to screen and confiscate half their shit.

I stood there in my bare feet for a good 25 minutes waiting for this shit show to end.

That's why I had two Bloody Mary's before boarding and I'll be having more on board.

Traveled between 1.4 and 1.6 million miles in my life and I used to LOVE it and now I hate it.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 12:48 PM   #64
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
There is this small subset of random travelers who are oblivious to their surroundings, the protocols and rules for baggage, think spending $250 for a roundtrip flight cross country entitles them to private jet service and then the overpackers and gate rushers.

That small subset of assholes have ruined travel for the 90-95% of the rest of us.

At security screening at Sky Harbor, this women and her two kids packed EVERYTHING against regulations and it took 25 minutes to screen and confiscate half their shit.

I stood there in my bare feet for a good 25 minutes waiting for this shit show to end.

That's why I had two Bloody Mary's before boarding and I'll be having more on board.

Traveled between 1.4 and 1.6 million miles in my life and I used to LOVE it and now I hate it.
TSA Pre is soooo worth it, man. Just do it and skip the non-frequent traveling morons line.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2023, 12:50 PM   #65
Politically Incorrect

I knew it was too good to be true.

A ****ing ground hold in Phoenix for 30-60 minutes due to Chicago storms and the plane is a ****ing sauna. Packed in here like Sardines and it's at least 85+ inside.

FML!!!
Old 07-26-2023, 12:57 PM   #66
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
TSA Pre is soooo worth it, man. Just do it and skip the non-frequent traveling morons line.
TSA Pre + Global Entry + Lounge Access = life altering. I actually get to the airport early these days just to relax and have some free food and drinks.

(Granted, a lot of lounges are becoming pretty overcrowded these days as well, but it's still better than being out there with the riffraff.)
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 01:11 PM   #67
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
TSA Pre + Global Entry + Lounge Access = life altering. I actually get to the airport early these days just to relax and have some free food and drinks.

(Granted, a lot of lounges are becoming pretty overcrowded these days as well, but it's still better than being out there with the riffraff.)
I have traveled so little by plane in the last 10-15 years but things may suddenly be very different moving forward.

If I go on the road again, I will absolutely follow your game plan.

I was a United Airlines Executive Premier member for nearly 8 straight years and I loved the private lounge access, many free upgrades, early boarding and how they solved any problems you have.

I flew back and forth in United Business Class from Newark NJ to Beijing or Hong Kong via Tokyo's Narita Airport 26 times, flew all over the US for 6 weeks training our software resellers, and most pleasure trips were on United.

I even met TV star Alan Thicke in Newark's Red Carpet Lounge one evening.

I can't stand being one of the shitbums in coach on the back of the plane in the middle seat.
Old 07-26-2023, 01:34 PM   #68
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post

I still don't get the appeal of the lounges. They're just another place to sit in my opinion, and the only time that I did it in the past few years they were just as crowded as being out at the gates. Maybe I was there on a bad day or something, but I was in three lounges and one of them was under construction and not comfortable. Another was really crowded, and the third one was fine, I guess. They had free food that I wasn't really into, and the fine one had a nap room where I could stretch out on a hard uncushioned bench, which was admittedly a good thing since it was an international layover. But I need more evidence of comfort before I would actually pay for lounge access.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2023, 01:51 PM   #69
What's up braj?

Quote:
At the airport again on my way to Chicago and this place couldn't be more opposite than Friday.

About 40% capacity, seats all around, on my first Bloody Mary and relaxing.

Thank God.....
Are you going to Chicago for a hooker
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2023, 01:55 PM   #70
MVP

I tend not to stick around airports long enough to need the lounge. Unless there are delays.

Doing nothing for hours at a time tends to aggravate me. So, I try to keep layovers within the hour to two hour range.
GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-26-2023, 02:09 PM   #71
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
I was traveling from Atlanta’s airport the Friday before July 4th week… when the world’s busiest airport set their single day record for most passengers traveling.

Without TSA Pre-Check and a First Class ticket, I’d probably still be waiting in the security line.
ATL can be quite busy for sure.
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-26-2023, 02:13 PM   #72
MVP

Quote:

I even met TV star Alan Thicke in Newark's Red Carpet Lounge one evening.

Do you have an interesting anecdote from meeting Alan Thicke.
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-26-2023, 02:14 PM   #73
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neech View Post
Do you have an interesting anecdote from meeting Alan Thicke.
How thick was he scho??
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2023, 02:59 PM   #74
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I still don't get the appeal of the lounges. They're just another place to sit in my opinion, and the only time that I did it in the past few years they were just as crowded as being out at the gates. Maybe I was there on a bad day or something, but I was in three lounges and one of them was under construction and not comfortable. Another was really crowded, and the third one was fine, I guess. They had free food that I wasn't really into, and the fine one had a nap room where I could stretch out on a hard uncushioned bench, which was admittedly a good thing since it was an international layover. But I need more evidence of comfort before I would actually pay for lounge access.
There's your problem. If you're paying for it, you're doing it wrong.

But yeah, they can be crowded. Still, they almost universally have more comfortable seats than you'll find on a concourse, often have nice views of the airfield, and the expectation is that you'll be there hanging out for a while vs. a restaurant that wants you to get in and get out. I also generally find that I eat healthier food in lounges than I do at restaurants - casseroles, soups, salads, roasts vs burgers and fries.

You don't care about alcohol, I know, but for me that's worth around $15-$20 per person for a couple of drinks compared to what I'd pay in a restaurant.

That said, some lounges suck. I'm excited for United to get all their upgrades done at DEN, as the current lounges there are some of my least favorite I've ever stepped foot in.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2023, 03:12 PM   #75
"Think BOOM!"

I've flown in and out of PHX well over 200 times. Since they finally demolished the old United terminal, it's much better. And the new rental car center train is awesome. Standing outside in July waiting 20 minutes for the old buses to show up and then a 15 minute ride to the rental car center was brutal.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.