Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-02-2022, 08:51 AM  
Supporter

***** All things Fitness *****

2022 getting and staying fit thread!
penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.
Old 04-09-2023, 10:25 PM   #106
Inmem 2.0

I lift 4 times a week as well trying to cut some more working on the deficit goal is 2,300 cals a day. Is this adequate for cardio?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230409_190412_Samsung Health.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	125882  
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2023, 10:03 AM   #107
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
I lift 4 times a week as well trying to cut some more working on the deficit goal is 2,300 cals a day. Is this adequate for cardio?
Steps isn't a good measure of cardio. Get yoru heart rate elevated for 20 minutes a day and you are good as far as keeping your heart and lungs healthy.

If you are looking to cardio to cut then you are wasting your time. Lift more. A moderate 10 minute lifting session burns more calories than a 30 minute jog.
penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 10:28 AM   #108
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinz View Post
Steps isn't a good measure of cardio. Get yoru heart rate elevated for 20 minutes a day and you are good as far as keeping your heart and lungs healthy.

If you are looking to cardio to cut then you are wasting your time. Lift more. A moderate 10 minute lifting session burns more calories than a 30 minute jog.
I walk a few miles every day though isn't walking still considered cardio?
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2023, 10:36 AM   #109
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
I walk a few miles every day though isn't walking still considered cardio?
Yes, but if you are looking to increase caloric output in order to cut down on BF then it isn't the best option.

Reduce calories and increase caloric output via resistance training will work much faster and efficiently.
Old 04-10-2023, 12:48 PM   #110
In Pat We Trust

Anyone read any credible information related to the age when max presses might become more risk than reward? Obviously, max presses are fine in your 20s. I assume max presses would be a bad idea in your 90s. So where is the line more or less where potential risk starts to outweigh potential gain? 50-something? 60-something?

Basically, starting to wonder how much longer I can play around with programs like the "Russian Bench" program and/ or the 5.3.1 program.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I plan to do resistance training forever. Just wondering if/ when I should modify the programs to less weight, more reps.

Last edited by el borracho; 04-10-2023 at 01:04 PM..
el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 04-10-2023, 01:04 PM   #111
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
Anyone read any credible information related to the age when max presses might become more risk than reward? Obviously, max presses are fine in your 20s. I assume max presses would be a bad idea in your 90s. So where is the line more or less where potential risk starts to outweigh potential gain? 50-something? 60-something?

Basically, starting to wonder how much longer I can play around with programs like the "Russian Bench" program and/ or the 5.3.1 program.
Most of your training should max at 80-85% of your max. Doesn't matter the age.

No reason to max out on a regular basis at any age. The younger you are the more you can get away with it but it still isn't the best thing to do.
Old 04-10-2023, 02:05 PM   #112
Mod Team

I’ve got about 15lbs of winter fluff I need to lose but I’m the least motivated I’ve ever been to lose it. I’m filling out shirts nicely and people have said I look bigger but that muffin top be present with that shirt off!
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2023, 02:08 PM   #113
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

I've dropped 30 lbs since Christmas, but the little bands of fat on my lower chest/armpits and lower back are being bitches. Abs are coming out and legs are pretty ripped, but it all looks goofy because of those stubborn areas.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2023, 02:29 PM   #114
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
I've dropped 30 lbs since Christmas, but the little bands of fat on my lower chest/armpits and lower back are being bitches. Abs are coming out and legs are pretty ripped, but it all looks goofy because of those stubborn areas.
Curious what calories and foods you eat every day? How low do you run your carbs?
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2023, 02:34 PM   #115
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinz View Post

You burn 300 calories lifting for 10 minutes? I don't think so.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2023, 02:36 PM   #116
'Tis my eye!

I lost 100 pounds after my surgery 4 years ago. I gained about 20 back over the past 18 months or so. However, in the past month I've been losing again slowly. I'm down 20 from 6 months ago which means I'm back to the original 100 pounds I lost.

I'm not doing anything different either, so it's kind of weird.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2023, 02:37 PM   #117
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Curious what calories and foods you eat every day? How low do you run your carbs?

Calories are pretty low now. I'm at 1800 calories. 200g of pro. The carbs and fats are interchangable as long as it fits into my macros. I don't go too low on either, and I avoid sugar of course.

Every day foods are grilled chicken, eye of round steaks, 90/10 ground beef, egg whites, oatmeal, jasmine rice, black beans, diet cokes, and sugar free jello.. I'll mix in other random things that fit in under the daily caloric total, as long as I met my protein goal. Sometimes I'll throw in a protein shake, but I prefer to eat my calories on a cut to stay full.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 02:40 PM   #118
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Calories are pretty low now. I'm at 1800 calories. 200g of pro. The carbs and fats are interchangable as long as it fits into my macros. I don't go too low on either, and I avoid sugar of course.

Every day foods are grilled chicken, eye of round steaks, 90/10 ground beef, egg whites, oatmeal, jasmine rice, black beans, diet cokes, and sugar free jello.. I'll mix in other random things that fit in under the daily caloric total, as long as I met my protein goal. Sometimes I'll throw in a protein shake, but I prefer to eat my calories on a cut to stay full.
How spread out are your 200g of protein? Your body can really only process 30g or so at a time so you need to spread out your servings to get the full effect.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2023, 02:41 PM   #119
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
How spread out are your 200g of protein? Your body can really only process 30g or so at a time so you need to spread out your servings to get the full effect.

i eat like 6 times a day
Old 04-10-2023, 02:42 PM   #120
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
i eat like 6 times a day
Perfect.

I'm not a workout warrior or health nut by any means - many, many CP'ers have more experience there than I do.

But I do follow a specific nutrition schedule that was prescribed by a weight loss surgeon so I have experience there.