Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-09-2019, 03:32 PM  
It was not a fair catch

School's out for Summer!-AMA-Update

I said I would.

But a few classroom rules.
1. The answer to the obligatory question. No
2. There are no stupid questions-just stupid people that ask questions.
3. Teacher has the right to suspend you.
4. Teacher can take regular quarter and holiday breaks.

Last edited by displacedinMN; 12-09-2019 at 06:11 PM..
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:25 AM   #46
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Where did your fascination with weather come from?

Mine came from a tornado that hit our electric company's coal station. I was home alone that day watching TV with the weather updates. The sky was that sinister green, and hay was falling in our yard on the Westside of town.

https://siouxcityjournal.com/blogs/s...507290b55.html
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:43 AM   #47
Supporter

Are you willing to teach at a small school of 100 or less students?

I have yet to hear much less witness some of the stories you or other large school teachers have told me.

Our little school has issues, but nothing like the big schools.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:52 AM   #48
SuperChiefs

Do you teach real life problem solving like, oh let's say, checking the water supply line on your dishwasher before replacing the old dishwasher twice?
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:59 AM   #49
Needs more middle fingers

Why does it seem like every time you talk about teaching you seem to loath and hate the kids you teach? Students can tell when a teacher enjoys teaching and it affects their desire to engage with you.

The best teachers i ever had LOVED teaching. They were passionate about what they taught and it was contagious to their students. The worst were the grumpy curmudgeons who acted like every kid was a burden and didn't want to be there.

Ive been wanting to ask that for years but never felt like having any static with you.

But this is an AMA thread so....
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:01 PM   #50
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Why does it seem like every time you talk about teaching you seem to loath and hate the kids you teach?
Well they're probably dickholes
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:05 PM   #51
Veteran

Quote:
Why does it seem like every time you talk about teaching you seem to loath and hate the kids you teach? Students can tell when a teacher enjoys teaching and it affects their desire to engage with you.

The best teachers i ever had LOVED teaching. They were passionate about what they taught and it was contagious to their students. The worst were the grumpy curmudgeons who acted like every kid was a burden and didn't want to be there.

Ive been wanting to ask that for years but never felt like having any static with you.

I cant answer for him, but I wanted to share my answer. Do you like everyone you work with? Probably not. Teaching is similar. The majority of students are great but it's the shitheads that stand out and are also the stories that most people want to hear about. I've hated some kids I've taught but some of those same kids thought that they were my favorites. They didn't know how I really felt.
tyecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 12:13 PM   #52
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyecopeland View Post
I cant answer for him, but I wanted to share my answer. Do you like everyone you work with? Probably not. Teaching is similar. The majority of students are great but it's the shitheads that stand out and are also the stories that most people want to hear about. I've hated some kids I've taught but some of those same kids thought that they were my favorites. They didn't know how I really felt.
I assume that to be the case. Just years of reading displaced's posts and he never, ever has anything nice to say about his students.

I've had teachers who loved their job. Ive had teachers who hated their job.

Generally speaking, the teachers who didnt seem like they wanted to be there got very little respect or results from their kids.

W/e, i'm not trying to be disrespectful. Maybe you only come here to vent, Displaced. Just stating my limited observations and experience.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-10-2019, 01:18 PM   #53
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptlyon View Post
Where did your fascination with weather come from?

Mine came from a tornado that hit our electric company's coal station. I was home alone that day watching TV with the weather updates. The sky was that sinister green, and hay was falling in our yard on the Westside of town.

https://siouxcityjournal.com/blogs/s...507290b55.html
Living on the farm. You know everything depends on the weather. As a kid I would get scared. I turned that into an understanding of why. It is also a great conversation piece.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-10-2019, 01:19 PM   #54
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Are you willing to teach at a small school of 100 or less students?

I have yet to hear much less witness some of the stories you or other large school teachers have told me.

Our little school has issues, but nothing like the big schools.
I had very little issues when I taught in Iowa. Just a different vibe. Big schools and cities along with open enrollment and busing allow parents to become detached from their students. A lot of parents talk a big game......
Old 06-10-2019, 01:22 PM   #55
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flachief58 View Post
Do you teach real life problem solving like, oh let's say, checking the water supply line on your dishwasher before replacing the old dishwasher twice?
Ha. Surprised you remember that. We moved out 3 months after that so I put in a cheaper DW..

I talk about being a decent person, deadlines, how real life is different than school. How most of them will work in the summer and not sit at home.
Old 06-10-2019, 01:30 PM   #56
It was not a fair catch

Quote:

No prob--you can't scare me-I teach Middle School.

I love the subject and care about what they learn and how it relates to them. I take my job very seriously. They know that. They also know that if they do stupid things, I get after them. Like I said, I treat them like I treated my own kids. It seems to work. Good and bad days.

Most of the kids are great. We usually talk about 5% that are issues. But there are so many issues. Apathy, meanness, refusal to work, moodiness. It is really getting worse. Crazy worse.

The ones I see later are the good ones. The bad ones seem to vaporize. It is human nature to go to the bad. We have to be reminded about the good. I also try hard to go home and close the door to the bad. I have other things I have to do at home. Like my kids and issues. The teachers that "bring kids issues" home with them get eaten alive.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 01:35 PM   #57
Mod Team

What careers would you recommend to the youth you currently teach?
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-10-2019, 01:35 PM   #58
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyecopeland View Post
Most that do not teach do not understand teaching.

In a job-a boss tells adults what to do. Most of the time they do it. Some well, others not.

In teaching-I can just let them go on their own. Even with independent work, kids still have the attention span of sperm. I have to be on them all the time. It is exhausting. We can't let kids leave and go to the bathroom. They ask. I know when every kid poops or has a period. Most cannot be trusted to get up, leave and come back without knowing what is happening.

I am in charge of 35 people that turn over every 85 minutes. If I take a phone call more than 20 seconds, it can take 3 minutes for them to get attention back to class.

We have school procedures that are supposed to be followed. Some adults don't. It makes us hard when we should be unified.
Old 06-10-2019, 01:36 PM   #59
It was not a fair catch

Detox-sometimes it is the adults that are the issue. Not the students.
Old 06-10-2019, 01:40 PM   #60
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
What careers would you recommend to the youth you currently teach?
If they are not interested in a 4 year degree. Don't.

I am all for mechanics, HVAC, welders, etc. We need them. There are not enough of them. Later, if they want to move up or go on their own, then get the business degree.

Anything medical-PT, therapy

But art history, philosophy, social studies are all worthless unless you can teach at a college.