Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 12-09-2017, 08:39 PM   #2
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
if it's going to be Tarantino's last movie, I guess his take on Science Fiction/Star Trek would be a worthwhile homage to the genre.
I just hope that it's the violence that's R-rated and not the language.

Seeing people ripped to shreds after an attack by alien species is one thing but hearing Kirk, McCoy or any of the other main characters say **** or shit or any other curse word would totally lose most Trekkers.

But hell yeah, bring on the Saving Private Ryan type of violence.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-10-2017, 09:17 AM   #3
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I just hope that it's the violence that's R-rated and not the language.

Seeing people ripped to shreds after an attack by alien species is one thing but hearing Kirk, McCoy or any of the other main characters say **** or shit or any other curse word would totally lose most Trekkers.

But hell yeah, bring on the Saving Private Ryan type of violence.
There is no way that Taratino would shy away from the violence in his Sci-Fi adaptation. He's always done that within any genre he's ever done. There is a track record of a lot of violence in our Sci-Fi movies. There is already a precedent.

But, I'm with you on the language. It would be way out of place to have Kirk saying **** and shit throughout the movie. It would distract within the movie.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-10-2017, 08:56 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
if it's going to be Tarantino's last movie, I guess his take on Science Fiction/Star Trek would be a worthwhile homage to the genre.
I'm guessing this won't count as his last movie, as I seriously doubt he will have the amount of control he's used to. This won't be a Tarantino flick, it will be a Star Trek by Tarantino flick. Just my guess anyway.
unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-09-2017, 12:37 AM   #5
Shaken. Not stirred.

Anything to get it off its current trek.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2017, 05:42 PM   #6
In Search of a Life

"Klingon, mother****er, do you speak it?"
Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 08:39 PM   #7
Veteran

"When you came pulling in here, did you notice a sign out in front of my house that said Dead Tribble Storage?"

Both Tarantino and Nu Trek blow, so this is a match made in heaven.
Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 12-11-2017, 01:22 AM   #8
Veteran

Never got into the whole Star Trek series, and outside of one of the newer ones on a plane, never watched all the way through any of the movies. Just not my thing.

I will be buying my midnight showing ticket months in advance for this. QT is gold.
ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 12-12-2017, 05:12 PM   #9
Just a li'l Evel

About ten years ago I was recording a VO for a Tv campaign at a recording studio in Studio City/Hollywood. Walking back to my car after the session a guy who looked like a fat Quentin Tarantino came walking down the sidewalk towards me talking to another guy.

He gets closer and I realize it's actually him. He says bye to the other guy and j-walks across (4-lanes) Ventura Boulevard. Walking kind of funny almost limping.

He walks up to a late 1970's American sedan parked at the curb (like a Ford Torino or Monte Carlo type car) he opens the trunk, pulls out a gallon plastic jug containing some kind of liquid (hooch of some sort, I gathered) and takes a huge swig. Puts it back in the trunk, and gets in and pulls away.

It was like he was a character in one of his own movies.
TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:02 AM   #10
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyEvel View Post
About ten years ago I was recording a VO for a Tv campaign at a recording studio in Studio City/Hollywood. Walking back to my car after the session a guy who looked like a fat Quentin Tarantino came walking down the sidewalk towards me talking to another guy.

He gets closer and I realize it's actually him. He says bye to the other guy and j-walks across (4-lanes) Ventura Boulevard. Walking kind of funny almost limping.

He walks up to a late 1970's American sedan parked at the curb (like a Ford Torino or Monte Carlo type car) he opens the trunk, pulls out a gallon plastic jug containing some kind of liquid (hooch of some sort, I gathered) and takes a huge swig. Puts it back in the trunk, and gets in and pulls away.

Great story
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:13 AM   #11
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:

That sounds like something he would do. Thanks for sharing.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:50 PM   #12
I'll be back.

Quote:
And then this music played:

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-12-2017, 06:39 PM   #13
Supporter

Sounds really dumb and out of place. Tarantino should just write his own sci fi flick without all the restrictions and corporate baggage.
Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 12-13-2017, 01:29 AM   #14
MVP

Do you know what they call a Quarter Pounder on Vulcan?
Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2017, 06:18 PM   #15
My Mamma Says

Captain Kirk " Say what one more time mother****er!"
Klingon Captain "What??!!"
Captain Kirk and Spock blow the Klingon apart with Fasers...
Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.