Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-03-2023, 08:32 AM  
MVP

College Football: The Colorado Buffalos

Last edited by DenverChief; 11-05-2023 at 10:04 AM..
DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2023, 12:08 PM   #136
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
All of those celebrities showing up to watch Colorado barely beat Colorado State while being a heavy favorite was a pretty cringey moment
Why is that cringy? Just because you don't have celebrity friends to support you - I swear people are so salty.
DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2023, 12:13 PM   #137
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverChief View Post
On a prayer 61 yard FG at the end of the game. Colorado basically led TCU the whole game and then traded go ahead 4th Q TD's before CU held them on Downs and won the game.

Mizzou was a 3.5 point favorite.
TCU was a 21 point favorite.

if you can't tell the difference in the games....
I think what Deion is doing at Colorado is impressive and if they win 7 or 8 games he should be recognized nationally with different Coach of the Year awards.

However, that doesn't mean the team deserves the rankings/recognition they've gotten. Beating TCU was a nice win, though in all honesty, there shouldn't be rankings until like mid-October as everything is based off the previous season and not the current year.

Colorado is a good story to follow given the nature how Sanders is structuring their roster via a new and unconventional path.

Doesn't mean they're a good team (yet). Their defense is atrocious. They'll be good in 1-2 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Mizzou beat a 15th ranked k-state team and didn't end up in the rankings for it.

No, Colorado didn't deserve their ranking and that's EXACTY why people are/were rooting against them.

I love Sanders and his approach. I don't think he's even that shameless self-promoter (many do it for him). But the sports media was in a rush to skip 2/3 of the 'hero's journey' and run straight to him slaying dragons.
I don't think Colorado should be ranked (see point above) but there's a style difference between beating a Power 5 team at home by 3 vs winning by 3 on the road against a Power 5 team.
Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2023, 12:17 PM
DenverChief
This message has been deleted by DenverChief.
Old 09-24-2023, 03:58 PM   #138
MVP

Quote:
3-0 isn't actual performance? Taking Jackson State - a perennial loser - to multiple bowl games after his arrival - isn't performance? Who has the motive or belief here?
You're the one doing all the assuming and white knighting here. Just go ahead and "bless his heart" while you're at it.

He's a HOF player turned coach with tools to be semi successful. So far he's used his tools to do a decent job of recruiting and then beat a few shit teams, including TCU, and lost to a boss. It's ok to leave it at that without the qualifier or turning the work into a Disney story. They might even get a few more wins if the media would do the same, but that doesn't pull the right strings so it will be what it will be and they'll wear a target for it.

.... and no, I don't believe I've ever met stevieray, but I assume it'd be a good experience if I ever did.
ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 09-24-2023, 07:18 PM   #139
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Mizzou beat a 15th ranked k-state team and didn't end up in the rankings for it.

No, Colorado didn't deserve their ranking and that's EXACTY why people are/were rooting against them.

I love Sanders and his approach. I don't think he's even that shameless self-promoter (many do it for him). But the sports media was in a rush to skip 2/3 of the 'hero's journey' and run straight to him slaying dragons.
ALL of this.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2023, 07:20 PM   #140
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
I mean, it definitely doesn’t help to have a heisman caliber player on both sides of the ball out. A healthy Travis hunter maybe turns this from a humiliating blowout to a big loss. Which sounds like the same thing but it’s quite a bit different
It doesn't. Oregon murders them either way.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-25-2023, 08:12 AM   #141
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
On a prayer 61 yard FG at the end of the game. Colorado basically led TCU the whole game and then traded go ahead 4th Q TD's before CU held them on Downs and won the game.

Mizzou was a 3.5 point favorite.
TCU was a 21 point favorite.

if you can't tell the difference in the games....
K-State was a far more intact team coming into the season than TCU, though. K-State is still a team that I think ends the season ranked in the top 20 (hell, I think they'll end the season ahead of Mizzou). They're a good football team.

TCU was a god football team in 2022 and a much lesser version of that in 2023. I watched both games and K-State played a very good game and got beat by Mizzou playing a slightly better one. The Colorado game was just TCU not knowing what it is without their Heisman finalist QB in Week 1 and they played like it. They weren't nearly the opponent in that game that K-State was.

And beyond that, you don't 'earn' a top 20 ranking through beating a team in Week 1 after winning 2 games the season prior. And those losses from Colorado last year weren't close - they were getting dog-walked by every team they played. That ranking was a gift born of hype and a hot game by their QB. And when they damn near lost to Colorado State and then got absolutely massacred this weekend, that was clearly proven. That's a 2 man show - that's not a top 25 football team and anyone viewing that through an objective lens would've recognized that.

When USC trucks them next week (and they will) then I suspect you'll see the 'hate' dial down and people who would've otherwise rooted for Sanders will start doing so again.

I want to see him do well because I like the message he puts out there and for all the 'new school' social media stuff, he still brings a very no nonsense, old-school foundation to his approach on dealing with college players (see: kids). I respect the hell out of that.

But I'm not interested in giving him a free pass.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-25-2023, 12:05 PM   #142
Would an idiot do that?

Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 06:01 PM
DenverChief
Old 09-26-2023, 06:55 AM   #143
Custom User Title

I know it's easy to dunk on Colorado this week. Oregon agrees

https://twitter.com/oregonfootball/s...ZSXWz9PEg&s=19

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 09-30-2023, 10:38 AM   #144
Inmem 2.0

Lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F7OKBLGXcAA3a-S.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	126566  
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-30-2023, 10:57 AM   #145
Inmem 2.0

We taking bets this thread dies within the next few weeks?
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 10:59 AM   #146
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
Lol
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-30-2023, 11:14 AM
DenverChief
Old 09-30-2023, 11:15 AM   #147
Hockey Town

Colorado isn't in the same league as Oregon and SC, did anyone think they'd be in those games?
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-30-2023, 11:18 AM   #148
Elway be drinkin' again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
Colorado isn't in the same league as Oregon and SC, did anyone think they'd be in those games?
That defense is tuurrbl
Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 09-30-2023, 11:21 AM   #149
Banned!

Quote:
They probably need a few more celebrities on the sidelines. That seems to help.

Maybe give the players more sunglasses?
Old 09-30-2023, 11:21 AM   #150
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Doesn't make it any less enjoyable.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-30-2023, 11:26 AM
DenverChief
Old 09-30-2023, 11:31 AM
DenverChief