Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-24-2024, 03:44 PM  
Life is changing..

What is the best restaurant in KC?

I'm not super picky about food type - I'm just looking at what restaurant would qualify to you as "the best" in Kansas City.

Give me some examples of food offered, atmosphere, price, etc.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2024, 08:24 AM   #61
You're CARICATURES, ALL of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmh6476 View Post
no love for Town Topic?
See Post #50
KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 08:29 AM   #62
For The Glory Of The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I think Bristol is pretty damn outstanding.

Have never had a single thing there that wasn't fantastic and they really do cover all the bases. Seafood, beef, pork, chicken - they don't miss.
They do salmon really well.
|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2024, 08:29 AM   #63
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womble View Post
Excuse me? We colonised nearly an entire continent just to enslave the people there for the spices they grew.
Which was pointless because you clearly have an aversion to using said spices in your food.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2024, 08:31 AM   #64
For The Glory Of The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan View Post
For a chain, Eddie V’s has superb food and service.

But, for local spots, here’s just a few favorites that I highly recommend.

Farina
The Town Company
Lula Southern Cookhouse
Le Fou Frog
Grunauer
Cafe Provence
The Majestic
Novel
Good list here....especially Cafe Provence getting a shout.

I am pretty torn on Lula I know it is popular and I have not had a bad experience there per say but what you get for money is just a bad value propisition. I don't have any problem spending money on a good meal but these are comfort food staples and for the price it is good but nowhere near *that* good.
|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2024, 09:56 AM   #65
Future NBA Finals MVP

Le Fou Frog > Cafe Provence

I did not think the Majestic was great, at least for steak.

I'd like to find a new steakhouse since Stockhill changed ownership and is no longer 4 stars. Ive just been going to Em Chamas cuz they have cheap Wagyu.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2024, 10:01 AM   #66
Forever Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I think Bristol is pretty damn outstanding.

Have never had a single thing there that wasn't fantastic and they really do cover all the bases. Seafood, beef, pork, chicken - they don't miss.

Does it matter which location?
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-25-2024, 10:04 AM   #67
Forever Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni View Post
I found it flavorless and it does not seem to be a minority opinion

Correct. My wife and I went once years ago and have never been back even though it’s not far from us at all. Flavorless is exactly what we recall.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-25-2024, 10:09 AM   #68
Forever Royal

There’s a relatively new place (5 years maybe, not sure) in Lenexa at the city center area off I-435, Silo Modern Farmhouse that is actually pretty good. Rye is probably a decent comparison.
Old 04-25-2024, 10:10 AM   #69
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
There’s a relatively new place (5 years maybe, not sure) in Lenexa at the city center area off I-435, Silo Modern Farmhouse that is actually pretty good. Rye is probably a decent comparison.
Oh yes. It's pricier than Rye if memory serves. But damn is it good. I'd rate it much higher. And they have amazing brunch buffets that are not cheap.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2024, 10:13 AM   #70
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmh6476 View Post
no love for Town Topic?
Few people want to be shot while they're eating.
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 10:16 AM   #71
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper View Post
Few people want to be shot while they're eating.
There are better last meals in town for sure.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2024, 10:21 AM   #72
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
Does it matter which location?
Haven't been to the Leawood location so can't speak to it. I'm really just speaking only to the Kansas City location down near P&L.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2024, 10:27 AM   #73
MVP

I like Bristol but Bonefish is just as good, if not better.
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.
Old 04-25-2024, 10:31 AM   #74
The Dude Abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Are they open for lunch?
Asking for a “friend” and his “date”?
Mr. Kotter has disabled reputation
Old 04-25-2024, 10:44 AM   #75
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womble View Post
I've been told I should go to Stroud's for some pan fried chicken when I visit KC. Is it good and worth the trip?
When given the choice of any restaurant in KC, my youngest niece chooses Strouds for the Chicken. I think it's because her mom can't cook and it reminds her of what her Grandmother makes for her.

I think Strouds keeps it a little bland on purpose for families with kids, but you also have to consider the vast majority of the metro area have had their taste buds drowned in corn syrup and sugar for so long so they don't even know what they can't taste anymore.
ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.