Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2019, 11:34 AM  
Politically Incorrect

Ruthless People and other great comedies

I just rewatched Ruthless People after 10-15 years and couldn't stop laughing. Bette Midler is an underrated actress/comedian and Danny DeVito is always a riot. If you pay enough attention, you will see "Frankie Carbone" of the movie Goodfellas in a scene.

Highly recommend.

Down and Out in Beverly Hills is also great. (Just rewatched as well)

What About Bob?

There are others I'm going through from the 80's early 90s.

Any recommendations?
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2019, 04:05 PM   #76
I could of gone pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Another one of my favorite old comedies is The Man With One Red Shoe. For whatever reason it wasn't very well received, but I love it. Great cast, funny story, plus young Carrie Fisher in leopard spot bikini underwear! What's not to love?
I had completely forgot about that film, I just looked at IMDB and I had given it an 8 out of 10. I see it only did $8 million and cost $16 million. Anything with Dabney Coleman is usually great and that's when Tom Hanks was really funny, before the dramas.

I saw it on HBO a couple of times, but that was in the 80's. I remember the CIA guys, Coleman, were sitting behind a glass wall watching Hanks and various woman. I looked up that blonde, name Lori Singer, she never hit it real big, but did have steady acting jobs. She had dress with the deep back side.

DeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 07-11-2019, 04:12 PM   #77
I could of gone pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonpenz View Post
Fred Willard is still alive
Sorry if it was confusing, but I put a period and then said, Along with Ned Beatty and Fred Willard. They are both still alive.
DeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 07-11-2019, 05:58 PM   #78
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepPurple View Post
I had completely forgot about that film, I just looked at IMDB and I had given it an 8 out of 10. I see it only did $8 million and cost $16 million. Anything with Dabney Coleman is usually great and that's when Tom Hanks was really funny, before the dramas.

I saw it on HBO a couple of times, but that was in the 80's. I remember the CIA guys, Coleman, were sitting behind a glass wall watching Hanks and various woman. I looked up that blonde, name Lori Singer, she never hit it real big, but did have steady acting jobs. She had dress with the deep back side.

Yeah, I really don't get how that wasn't a hit; it's one of my favorite Tom Hanks movies. I liked it more than Big. Jim Belushi and Dabney Coleman in particular were hysterical.

Lori Singer starred opposite Kevin Bacon in Footloose. That was her big movie. Don't recall ever seeing her in anything other than this.

She looked far better in this than Footloose, though. That dress..... goddamn.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2019, 06:11 PM   #79
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Yeah, I really don't get how that wasn't a hit; it's one of my favorite Tom Hanks movies. I liked it more than Big. Jim Belushi and Dabney Coleman in particular were hysterical.

Lori Singer starred opposite Kevin Bacon in Footloose. That was her big movie. Don't recall ever seeing her in anything other than this.

She looked far better in this than Footloose, though. That dress..... goddamn.
Speaking of an underappreciated favorite and a hot co-star;

Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:06 AM   #80
Politically Incorrect

Another great one and one of Peter Sellers last movies he made-

Being There

scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:39 AM   #81
I could of gone pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
Another great one and one of Peter Sellers last movies he made-

Being There

You know UF Gators had a black DB named Chauncey Gardner, I always wondered if he was named after Peter Sellers character. I also really enjoyed Jack Warden as the President, also in Heaven Can Wait as the trainer for Warren Beatty.

My neighbor golf partner was a classmate of Peter Seller's son in the late 70's in college. I just found out last week and was asking him about the guy. He said the fellow was quiet and introvert, had no British accent since he grew up here. I loved Being There, I was looking to record it, have wait until it comes up.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:44 AM   #82
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepPurple View Post
I loved Being There, I was looking to record it, have wait until it comes up.
Here is the movie in HD for you.

Just make sure you have Malware blocker and Chrome Ad Block enabled. Its a great site

https://www4.fusionmovies.to/film/be...FdlzK/Z2cvtZWe
Old 07-12-2019, 07:11 PM   #83
Veteran

1978 but Foul Play is one I often find people haven't seen even though it was popular then. Chevy Chase and Goldie Hawn.

IMDB blurb- A shy San Francisco librarian and a bumbling cop fall in love as they solve a crime involving albinos, dwarves, and the Catholic Church.

Pretty much says it all!
underEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 07-13-2019, 08:12 AM   #84
I could of gone pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
Here is the movie in HD for you.

Just make sure you have Malware blocker and Chrome Ad Block enabled. Its a great site

https://www4.fusionmovies.to/film/be...FdlzK/Z2cvtZWe
Thanks, that looks like a good site.
Old 07-13-2019, 08:25 PM   #85
21st Century Schizoid Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by underEJ View Post
1978 but Foul Play is one I often find people haven't seen even though it was popular then. Chevy Chase and Goldie Hawn.

IMDB blurb- A shy San Francisco librarian and a bumbling cop fall in love as they solve a crime involving albinos, dwarves, and the Catholic Church.

Pretty much says it all!
Dudley Moore steals the show
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-14-2019, 12:09 AM   #86
The Boom Boom Room

Men at Work
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-14-2019, 09:50 AM   #87
Politically Incorrect

The Hudsucker Proxy starring Paul Newman, Jennifer Jason Leigh and Tim Robbins.

That's a movie I can NEVER remember seeing it played on TV as a rerun
Old 07-14-2019, 10:42 AM   #88
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by underEJ View Post

Pretty much says it all!
Haven’t seen that since I was a kid, but I recall really liking it.

One that I overlooked as a kid and never saw was ‘Seems like Old Times’.

Watched it recently and it’s really good. Charles Grodin was excellent in anything he did. the Chase/Grodin/Goldie Hawn trifecta is perfect.

https://youtu.be/quGmWh-sqhE
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-14-2019, 12:12 PM   #89
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
Haven’t seen that since I was a kid, but I recall really liking it.

One that I overlooked as a kid and never saw was ‘Seems like Old Times’.

Watched it recently and it’s really good. Charles Grodin was excellent in anything he did. the Chase/Grodin/Goldie Hawn trifecta is perfect.

https://youtu.be/quGmWh-sqhE
I was going to list this. I like “Seems Like Old Times” better than Foul Play. It’s a great movie.

Have you seen The In-Laws with Alan Arkin and Peter Faulk? That is a truly funny movie. Lots of great lines in it.
frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-14-2019, 12:15 PM   #90
21st Century Schizoid Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenchief View Post
Have you seen The In-Laws with Alan Arkin and Peter Faulk? That is a truly funny movie. Lots of great lines in it.
That's another excellent choice of a largely forgotten movie.
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.