Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2019, 11:34 AM  
Politically Incorrect

Ruthless People and other great comedies

I just rewatched Ruthless People after 10-15 years and couldn't stop laughing. Bette Midler is an underrated actress/comedian and Danny DeVito is always a riot. If you pay enough attention, you will see "Frankie Carbone" of the movie Goodfellas in a scene.

Highly recommend.

Down and Out in Beverly Hills is also great. (Just rewatched as well)

What About Bob?

There are others I'm going through from the 80's early 90s.

Any recommendations?
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-06-2019, 11:07 PM   #46
In Search of a Life

I’ll defend ‘Ishtar’ until my death.

I think it’s got some truly great bits in it. The Hoffman/Beatty role reversal is solid.

I’ve always liked it and think it got unfairly judged because of its budget.

Last edited by Deberg_1990; 07-07-2019 at 05:47 PM..
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2019, 05:18 PM   #47
AKA bigpepe

Ground Hog Day
There's Something About Mary
Dumb and Dumber

Some of my faves...
dilligaf is not part of the Right 53.dilligaf is not part of the Right 53.dilligaf is not part of the Right 53.dilligaf is not part of the Right 53.dilligaf is not part of the Right 53.dilligaf is not part of the Right 53.dilligaf is not part of the Right 53.dilligaf is not part of the Right 53.dilligaf is not part of the Right 53.dilligaf is not part of the Right 53.dilligaf is not part of the Right 53.
Old 07-07-2019, 05:27 PM   #48
The Boom Boom Room

PCU

Dracula Dead and Loving It
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-08-2019, 11:12 AM   #49
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
PCU
Holy shit was that movie dead on...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-08-2019, 11:40 AM   #50
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
Holy shit was that movie dead on...
You're majoring in a 5000-year-old dead language?

GET OUT!! Just get out!!
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-08-2019, 11:46 AM   #51
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

My best friend, who has a PhD in physics, has often commented that Real Genius very much captures what graduate school was like. He particularly enjoyed the scene where the kid wigs out and starts screaming in the middle of the library; said he saw that happen several times.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2019, 11:21 AM   #52
a haw haw haw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Noises Off is about as hard as I laughed at a movie.
It takes a bit to set up the payoff, but when it's in full swing of the hijinks, it just comes at you in waves.
Great call

Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2019, 11:24 AM   #53
a haw haw haw

Another must see comedy riot I didn't see mentioned The Hollywood Knights

Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2019, 11:35 AM   #54
a haw haw haw

Also Scho if you don't mind B/W I highly recommend Arsenic and Old Lace the original Dark Comedy.Hilarious topic as well.

Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 12:34 PM   #55
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Are we intentionally sticking with under the radar choices?

Death to Smoochy never got the kind of traction I thought it should. And how Dogma largely vanished from the landscape is beyond me.

Is Dr. Strangelove sufficiently obscure?
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2019, 12:40 PM   #56
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post

Death to Smoochy never got the kind of traction I thought it should. And how Dogma largely vanished from the landscape is beyond me.

Dogma is a movie I haven’t heard about in awhile. Most of that movie is gold.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2019, 02:02 PM   #57
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzoner View Post
Another must see comedy riot I didn't see mentioned The Hollywood Knights

That's a great movie except for the scenes with Tony Danza and Michelle Pfeiffer. They absolutely bring it to a grinding halt.

Porky's is another good one.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2019, 02:43 PM   #58
Politically Incorrect

I'm trying to find this movie online for free to watch and I'll be damned if I can. I'm good at finding everything for the most part but this one is hard as hell.

Quote:
Great call

scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2019, 02:45 PM   #59
Politically Incorrect

No problem at all with B/W. Watched plenty of 3 , Little Rascals, To Kill a Mockingbird, 12 Angry Men and lots more.

Quote:
Also Scho if you don't mind B/W I highly recommend Arsenic and Old Lace the original Dark Comedy.Hilarious topic as well.

No problem at all with B/W. Watched plenty of 3 , Little Rascals, To Kill a Mockingbird, 12 Angry Men and lots more.
Old 07-09-2019, 02:47 PM   #60
You're CARICATURES, ALL of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post

Death to Smoochy is a dark and funny movie.
KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.