Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 11-23-2018, 04:50 PM  
The Boom Boom Room

The Lion King ( 2019)

Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:46 PM   #76
Leto Atreides for Prez 2024

They should make it rated PG-13 and show the entire scene of Simba ****ing the shit out of Nala.

Caaaan you feel, the looove tonight. Tooo****ght.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:09 PM   #77
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
This will definitely be awesome. And regarding the opening scene of the original, I remember being absolutely blown away at the realism of the animation. We had never seen anything like that in an animated movie that I know of.

Speaking of being shocked at the animation, I can’t believe this but Toy Story came out only one year after the Lion King. There was a giant leap but I didn’t realize how close it was to other traditional animated movies they made.
Yes. And the original toy story animation looks absolutely antiquated by today’s standards. Still a great film though.
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:23 AM   #78
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP View Post
Pretty much. A professor of mine tried to sell that theory. There is a lot of worthless papers trying to examine Disney films under the lens of gender studies.

Scar not the ghey
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:52 AM   #79
Stay positive, don't give up

59% on RT w/115 reviews... surprised. Apparently next gen effects and the movie is 90% the same as the original. I'm confused why such a low score.
Most reviewers that have similar movie tastes as me enjoyed it and raved about the realisim.
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:47 AM   #80
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz View Post
59% on RT w/115 reviews... surprised. Apparently next gen effects and the movie is 90% the same as the original. I'm confused why such a low score.
Most reviewers that have similar movie tastes as me enjoyed it and raved about the realisim.
The hard part is that it will always be compared to the original, which is a classic. Especially since it's probably extremely similar in script. I'm excited to see it. I'm expecting to love it, be ecstatic to see certain scenes like the opening scene that are really ****ing cool to see as live action, but to also see plenty of parts where live action just isn't as good. And I'd be fine with that. 59% probably makes sense for a remake but wonder what that rating would be if not adapted from the original. I'm sure the score would be far higher.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2019, 01:37 PM   #81
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz View Post
A lot has to do with whats lost in translation to the realistic look. Without expressions, the characters lose some of their "humanity" which does not translate well in emotional scenes.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2019, 02:10 PM   #82
Stay positive, don't give up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeauford View Post
A lot has to do with whats lost in translation to the realistic look. Without expressions, the characters lose some of their "humanity" which does not translate well in emotional scenes.
Hmm I'll still see it but that would make sense
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 07-13-2019, 09:23 AM   #83
oxymoron

Never saw the original. Never gonna see this.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2019, 07:12 PM   #84
Leto Atreides for Prez 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
Thank you for the contribution to this thread.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-18-2019, 08:40 AM   #85
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
It is the best Disney movie. Give it a try sometime.
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 07-20-2019, 07:34 AM   #86
Plays to win the game!

It was really good. Aladdin changed things, this sticks safely to the source material, like almost too safely. Jokes are changed, songs aren’t as powerful like Scars “Be prepared” and sadly “Hakuna Matata”. They’re good, but just can’t hold a candle to the original. Seeing it definitely makes you realize how amazing these Disney movies were throughout the early to mid 90s. Seth Rogen does an admirable job as Pumba and it was great to get James Earl Jones back as Mufasa, and yes, the Mufasa scene is as heartbreaking as you remember. I’d give it a solid 8/10, definitely worth the rental.
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:41 PM   #87
Mahomes Dynasty

CGI was good.

Timon and Pumba for the most part were entertaining/funny.

This movie was all about the songs....and sadly nobody from this film could sing worth a shit. Beyonce was awful.
CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:46 PM   #88
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
It was really good. Aladdin changed things, this sticks safely to the source material, like almost too safely. Jokes are changed, songs aren’t as powerful like Scars “Be prepared” and sadly “Hakuna Matata”. They’re good, but just can’t hold a candle to the original. Seeing it definitely makes you realize how amazing these Disney movies were throughout the early to mid 90s. Seth Rogen does an admirable job as Pumba and it was great to get James Earl Jones back as Mufasa, and yes, the Mufasa scene is as heartbreaking as you remember. I’d give it a solid 8/10, definitely worth the rental.
Jungle Book changed a lot and was really good.
GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-23-2019, 08:02 PM   #89
Supporter

meh, i thought it didnt pay great homage to the original. Seemed like it was less.. engaging. Maybe it was the voice acting I dont know, but it just didnt do it.

Its like when you hear a really good cover of a song. Its got that twang on it that sounds just right.

This had no twang. More like a thud.
hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2019, 09:37 PM   #90
Forever Royal

I didn’t like the new version of The Circle of Life. All the other songs were fine. The animation is incredible. But overall I think that the movie suffers from the lack of emotion seen in the characters since they are so realistic. It makes the dialogue just a bit underwhelming. Good movie that they probably couldn’t have done any better with given the realism of the characters.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.