Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 06-20-2018, 11:27 AM  
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Star Trek Picard

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/star-...in-development

Star Trek: The Next Generation Reboot With Patrick Stewart Reportedly in Development

Rumors of the Picard-centric reboot come amid Alex Kurtzman extending his CBS contract for a planned expansion of the Star Trek TV universe.

According to a THR article, there are unconfirmed rumors that CBS TV Studios is developing a Star Trek reboot starring Patrick Stewart in which he would reprise his The Next Generation role as Captain Jean-Luc Picard. According to THR's sources, Alex Kurtzman and Akiva Goldsman are attached to the potential reboot. Not only is this an unconfirmed project, but THR's sources also say that the deal is far from complete and might not happen. Still, this would be huge news for Star Trek fandom—however you might feel about a Picard-centric reboot.

The rumors of the Picard reboot come amidst Kurtzman renewing his overall deal with CBS Television Studios, extending his contract by five years. This will keep him in partnership with the studio through 2023, for a reported $5 million per year.

Kurtzman was recently made sole showrunner of Star Trek: Discovery following the dismissal of previous co-showrunners Aaron Harberts and Gretchen Berg who left amidst reports of bullying behavior in the writers room. Goldsman, who served as an executive producer on Season 1 of Discovery, also left the show, reportedly due to a clash with the writing staff in terms of management style and personality, so it's interesting that he is still attached to the potential Picard-centric reboot.

In addition to his work on Star Trek: Discovery, Kurtzman's extended deal with CBS Television Studios will include an expansion of the Star Trek franchise on the small screen, including the development of new series, miniseries, and other content, including animation.

While this generally seems like good news for the Star Trek universe, it may also be disappointing, depending on what kind of Star Trek fan you are. While the move represents a reinvestment in the Star Trek TV universe, Kurtzman is not known for critical success. Previously, he has co-written the scripts for Transformers, Star Trek, Star Trek Into Darkness, and The Amazing Spider-Man 2. More recently, he directed and co-wrote The Mummy. Not exactly the kind of nuanced science fiction writing Star Trek has, at its best, historically represented.

More news on the expanded Star Trek TV universe as we hear it.

Last edited by Frazod; 05-23-2019 at 01:42 PM..
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2019, 10:05 PM   #106
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Data looked a bit off, though. Not sure if it was CGI or just what they had to do to make old Brent Spiner look like non-aging Data. The eyes were different as well.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2019, 10:08 PM   #107
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Data looked a bit off, though. Not sure if it was CGI or just what they had to do to make old Brent Spiner look like non-aging Data. The eyes were different as well.
Some are speculating it could be B4 from Nemesis.

I don’t remember a whole lot about that movie other than Tom Hardy
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2019, 10:19 PM   #108
I'll be back.

Quote:
looks like cgi to make spiner not appear 60

this is set what, 20 years after nemesis? i'm fine with data getting upgrades
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2019, 10:54 PM   #109
Stay positive, don't give up

Thought I read Jonathan Frakes is returning as well
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 07-21-2019, 03:34 AM   #110
Cheaterlover*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
looks like cgi to make spiner not appear 60
Uh... the dude is 70. He looks pretty good for 70 but he’s got fat cheeks now.
JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 07-21-2019, 08:01 AM   #111
Stay positive, don't give up

@Marina_Sirtis: I’ve managed to keep this secret for months but now I can confirm, Troi and Riker are back!!! #StarTrekPicard #Picard https://twitter.com/sirpatstew/statu...72066287656960
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 07-21-2019, 09:34 AM   #112
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
Some are speculating it could be B4 from Nemesis.

I don’t remember a whole lot about that movie other than Tom Hardy
Yeah, it would have to be. B4 was basically an out to get around Data's death if they made more movies, sort of like the Genesis effect reviving Spock. Unfortunately, Nemesis was a far cry from Wrath of Khan, so there was no next movie.

But I guess there is a next TV show.
Old 07-21-2019, 09:40 AM   #113
mod-ish

Quote:
Yeah, it would have to be. B4 was basically an out to get around Data's death if they made more movies, sort of like the Genesis effect reviving Spock. Unfortunately, Nemesis was a far cry from Wrath of Khan, so there was no next movie.

But I guess there is a next TV show.
Nemesis was underrated, the more I watch it. The dune buggy chase was pretty cringy, as was the device to have B4 replace Data, but the rest was pretty well done. The battle between the Scimitar and the Enterprise was as good as any space battle in Star Trek involving Enterprise.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-21-2019, 09:56 AM   #114
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
Some are speculating it could be B4 from Nemesis. y
I've also seen speculation it's a hologram, based on the fact you can see a bit of grey at his shoulders, which would indicate he's wearing the TNG movie-era uniform.
Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.
Old 07-21-2019, 10:01 AM   #115
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Nemesis was underrated, the more I watch it. The dune buggy chase was pretty cringy, as was the device to have B4 replace Data, but the rest was pretty well done. The battle between the Scimitar and the Enterprise was as good as any space battle in Star Trek involving Enterprise.
It had some good elements (particularly the space battle), but overall it was just.... off. Shinzon's unreasoning hatred of Picard himself never really made much sense, no matter how much they propped it up (sort of like Nero's hatred of Spock in the Jar Jar Abrams reboot). And the whole psychic rape of Troi bit was really disturbing.

Apparently the director was not a Star Trek guy and just didn't understand it.

I also think it would have been much better had Denise Crosby's Sela been the Romulan commander who ended up working with Picard to fight Shinzon, much like Undiscovered Country would have been better had it been Saavik who betrayed the crew, and not Valeris.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 07:29 PM   #116
Shaken. Not stirred.

Well now I'm definitely interested.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-21-2019, 09:28 PM   #117
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
I was like, "Ehhhh.... looks fine. I'll probably watch it I suppose..."

Then Jeri Ryan showed up. And i legit fanboy squealed. And I thought, "I'm definitely going to check it out! Looks great!"

Then Data ****ing showed up at the end and I just about pissed myself with excitement.
100% yes.

There was a twinkle in Jean-Luc Picard's eye when he said "engage."

I'm currently pregnant with his french wine baby.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 06:38 PM   #118
The Demon Preacher

I'm gonna be checking this IMDB page regularly:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0209496/

He *HAS* to show up... right?
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:53 PM   #119
Blah Blah Blah

Did not want to get CBS, but this looks too good. Going to have to break down.
kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:00 PM   #120
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx View Post
I'm gonna be checking this IMDB page regularly:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0209496/

He *HAS* to show up... right?
Kurzmann said he's cautious about adding cameos just for the sake of cameos... only if the storytelling makes sense.

Well, I have this to say to you, Alex. Every member of the old cast is still ****ing alive. It's 30+ years since TNG was first premiered. When TOS was 30+ years since its premiere, it was around that time when some cast members started dying off. They lost Deforest around that time, and same with Doohan. I'm kinda shocked honestly, that so many of them are still alive and kicking like this.

If you ARE going to ever put in cameos into this series, I wouldn't wait. For example, Gates McFadden is 70. She could live another 30 years, or she might get a heart attack in two months and die. If you ever WERE planning on making her a part of the story, I really wouldn't risk it.

And for the love of God, please tell me what Worf is up to. I don't care if it's a glorified cameo or not. He needs to come back. Quit messing around with the gay ass Klingon makeup you ****ed up in Discovery, get some old school forehead ridges on Dorn, and bring him the **** back. Especially after he was so good to you and so patient with you throughout his Captain Worf series proposals.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.