Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2015, 03:48 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?

What are you up to this weekend?

I finally gave up on my smoker and decided to get a new smoker. I went with a bigger model but less tech. Yes, its a cheater electric smoker. My 3rd one. I need more space to cook, I don't need help getting my smoke and temp right.

I've also never used injection for flavor except for pork butt or other big cuts of meat. I decided to give it a try. I developed my own injection. Basically like the other recipes you have out on the internet but I'm putting the rub in the injection and using sirracchi.

Full results not in yet but my son and I think its the best sausage we have ever had.

No sauce. Marinated the meat overnight. Injected the meat. Slow cooked the ribs and chicken. Baste it with a combo of butter and apple juice. Using a combination of Apple, Mesquite, Cherry and Hickory wood.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11539678_10205518593098849_7496287094654554585_n.jpg
Views:	6501
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	110157   Click image for larger version

Name:	11204917_10205518655060398_84193330748835473_n.jpg
Views:	6092
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	110158   Click image for larger version

Name:	11403311_10205518654740390_5737794009802538289_n.jpg
Views:	6491
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	110159   Click image for larger version

Name:	11060263_10205518594938895_5571454432064515726_n.jpg
Views:	6416
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	110160  
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2022, 03:28 PM   #3166
Ultrabanned

Butt coming along alright. Used Kosmos Q Honey Killer Bee and it gives it a really nice pop of color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2022, 03:31 PM   #3167
Ultrabanned

Fish, that Holy Gospel is my favorite all purpose rub. I really like all of the Meat Church rubs, Honey Hog is great for ribs and pork butt too. Try the Holy Voodoo as well, got enough jalapeno kick to keep it honest.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 04:22 PM   #3168
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Fish, that Holy Gospel is my favorite all purpose rub. I really like all of the Meat Church rubs, Honey Hog is great for ribs and pork butt too. Try the Holy Voodoo as well, got enough jalapeno kick to keep it honest.
Yeah, I liked it so much I definitely want to try the other flavors. Especially the Voodoo. I think I'm going to get this 4pack next time. It seems to have all the flavors I was wanting to try. Should have done that in the first place.

https://www.meatchurch.com/products/...-shootin-match
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2022, 04:55 PM   #3169
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Yeah, I liked it so much I definitely want to try the other flavors. Especially the Voodoo. I think I'm going to get this 4pack next time. It seems to have all the flavors I was wanting to try. Should have done that in the first place.

https://www.meatchurch.com/products/...-shootin-match
Yes that will cover all the bases you want it to. I've got to the point that I'm such a loyalist to their rubs that I'll gladly try others out here and there and by necessity(walmart 7am this morning and needed a rub) but they gotta really impress me to replace any of those 4.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 06:08 PM   #3170
The Planet's Only Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coogs View Post
I'm watching this. Damn good looking Q by several teams! I want to try Slaps some time.
Slaps is damn good. I preferred it over Joe's during my last KC visit.
Captain Obvious would the whole thing.Captain Obvious would the whole thing.Captain Obvious would the whole thing.Captain Obvious would the whole thing.Captain Obvious would the whole thing.Captain Obvious would the whole thing.Captain Obvious would the whole thing.Captain Obvious would the whole thing.Captain Obvious would the whole thing.Captain Obvious would the whole thing.Captain Obvious would the whole thing.
Old 07-23-2022, 06:30 PM   #3171
Ultrabanned

Pulled at 204 and let rest for an hour. Little too done but no real complaints

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 07:07 PM   #3172
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Yes that will cover all the bases you want it to. I've got to the point that I'm such a loyalist to their rubs that I'll gladly try others out here and there and by necessity(walmart 7am this morning and needed a rub) but they gotta really impress me to replace any of those 4.
FYI Ace Westlake on Antioch Rd in Gladstone carries Meat Church products along with a lot of others and Que sauces. I think most of the other Ace do also. Also I have seen it in Academy Sports.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2022, 10:23 PM   #3173
Cheat Death

Tri tip with a cheesy cauliflower mash

KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 05:10 AM   #3174
Veteran

Quote:
Ditto on the Meat Church seasonings. Holy Voodoo on Salmon is my favorite. It is a perfect Cajun for many things and it’s always the first of the Ocho to run out for me.
Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 07-24-2022, 04:19 PM   #3175
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Poor man's burnt ends... This time all sweet, including brown sugar and honey... They were a hit. Woot.

GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 04:44 PM   #3176
Elway be drinkin' again

I was in Munich 3 years ago. Bought 4 boxes of Cuban Partigas anniversary cigars. Stevie Ray was out here a year ago and had one. Smoked the last 4 with my soon to be (next month) son in law today.
I know it ain't grilling but it was a great smoke.
Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 07-24-2022, 04:45 PM   #3177
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
Poor man's burnt ends... This time all sweet, including brown sugar and honey... They were a hit. Woot.

Well done sir!
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-24-2022, 05:32 PM   #3178
Supporter

I was going to do ends GD, but I got tired and just went to slice it.

Wife got in there and stole the fatty pieces before I could grab a picture LOL

I sliced it too thick like an asshole, but it was still good as hell.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-24-2022, 05:52 PM   #3179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I was going to do ends GD, but I got tired and just went to slice it.

Wife got in there and stole the fatty pieces before I could grab a picture LOL

I sliced it too thick like an asshole, but it was still good as hell.
OUTSTANDING!
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 03:51 PM   #3180

Wow, these turkey breasts turned out freaking awesome. Just a simple Texas style deal, I injected them with a mix of lemon pepper marinade and melted butter, used corse pepper, course salt, and some poultry rub and put them on the smoker running at 270ish (about as hot as it'll go!!!). After getting an internal temperature of 140°, I double-wrapped them, rounder side down this time, with half a stick of butter split between the bottom and top of each wrapped breast. I pulled them at an internal temperature of 162°, let them sit in the foil for 20 minutes, and bam... Moisture was perfect, flavor was just as perfect and lots and lots left over so Mrs. GloryDayz will be making some fun dishes...