Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2015, 03:48 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?

What are you up to this weekend?

I finally gave up on my smoker and decided to get a new smoker. I went with a bigger model but less tech. Yes, its a cheater electric smoker. My 3rd one. I need more space to cook, I don't need help getting my smoke and temp right.

I've also never used injection for flavor except for pork butt or other big cuts of meat. I decided to give it a try. I developed my own injection. Basically like the other recipes you have out on the internet but I'm putting the rub in the injection and using sirracchi.

Full results not in yet but my son and I think its the best sausage we have ever had.

No sauce. Marinated the meat overnight. Injected the meat. Slow cooked the ribs and chicken. Baste it with a combo of butter and apple juice. Using a combination of Apple, Mesquite, Cherry and Hickory wood.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11539678_10205518593098849_7496287094654554585_n.jpg
Views:	6501
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	110157   Click image for larger version

Name:	11204917_10205518655060398_84193330748835473_n.jpg
Views:	6092
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	110158   Click image for larger version

Name:	11403311_10205518654740390_5737794009802538289_n.jpg
Views:	6491
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	110159   Click image for larger version

Name:	11060263_10205518594938895_5571454432064515726_n.jpg
Views:	6416
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	110160  
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:06 PM   #2266
Indian Twitter

I believe they're done
[IMG]://[/IMG]

I only sauced one slab but I did the wrap on both so the dry slab isn't so dry
[IMG][/IMG]

The bite
[IMG][/IMG]

I made the rub and sauce from scratch and the flavors were good. I feel like it was a successful cook.
philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:09 PM   #2267
In Search of a Life

Looks good man. Phil we need to play sole golf when this is over
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:12 PM   #2268
Keepin it Real

Made some wings on the Traeger. Damn good food.

If you ever have any issues with your Traeger getting up to temp make sure to clean off the temp probe. Once I did that it was good to go.
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:17 PM   #2269
Indian Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Looks good man. Phil we need to play sole golf when this is over
I'd be down for that.
philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-11-2020, 10:42 PM   #2270
In Search of a Life

Team no wrap
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-11-2020, 11:04 PM   #2271
Supporter

Wife instructed me that I'm doing ribs tomorrow.

I'm definitely team wrap. I'm not good enough to be team no wrap.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-12-2020, 06:48 AM   #2272
Custom User Title

Team wrap, **** anyone that says otherwise

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 04-12-2020, 08:46 AM   #2273
In Search of a Life

Once you get it down you won't want to go back. Texture and flavor is much better. I usually stick to spare ribs now and keep 'em steady at 250 and spritz about every 40 mins.

Keep a close eye on them when they hit the 4 hour mark

Unless you're trying to win a competition or you've got a group of people coming over with dentures or some shit, skip the wrap.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-12-2020, 10:48 AM   #2274
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
Once you get it down you won't want to go back. Texture and flavor is much better. I usually stick to spare ribs now and keep 'em steady at 250 and spritz about every 40 mins.

Keep a close eye on them when they hit the 4 hour mark

Unless you're trying to win a competition or you've got a group of people coming over with dentures or some shit, skip the wrap.
Real talk. I’m a value guy. IMO it’s not worth screwing up a few racks to get it down and then babysitting them or totally ****ing them. Wrapping them gives me flexibility.

It’s worth it to have tools to smoke Up some Q. But it’s not worth the time to me to me to get it absolutely perfect. The value isn’t there for me. Largely because it’s do things that give me flexibility or don’t have Q.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-12-2020, 11:34 AM   #2275
In Search of a Life

That's the thing though. Ribs aren't that hard as long as you can keep a consistent temp in your pit. I don't know why people get scared about ribs and brisket.
Old 04-12-2020, 06:15 PM   #2276
Supporter

I did ribs on the rec tec. I should have just got out the smoker. Despite flubbing them up pretty good they really hit the spot. And I ate way too much.

I may try another way with the rec tec but I probably just need to stick with the smoker.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 07:37 PM   #2277
MVP

2" thick country style ribs marinated in Italian dressing and then massaged with moose rub before smoking over apple and cherry wood.

frozen 1/3lb prime rib/chuck burgers smoked then seared over hot coals with melted aged Gouda cheese and Naam bread
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-15-2020, 02:44 PM   #2278
Indian Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I did ribs on the rec tec. I should have just got out the smoker. Despite flubbing them up pretty good they really hit the spot. And I ate way too much.

I may try another way with the rec tec but I probably just need to stick with the smoker.
It's BBQ and BBQ is always good.

I had to get out today so I called J.B. Kolbe Farms https://www.kobemidwest.com/ I took the back roads to his place and had a pleasant little drive and then when I got there I purchased a 14 lb brisket, two brisket points, a bone in ribeye and then he gave me 6 pre made hamburger patties plus two lbs of ground. Looks like I have some cooking to do. There's a couple nice days coming up so sheltering in(the back yard) is good.

I'll post it up when I do the cook.
Old 04-19-2020, 12:34 PM   #2279
Mahomes or GTFO

Breaking out one of the gateway drums for ribs this afternoon. Haven’t had the heart to cook this year just because I’m bummed that comp season is likely not happening and look so forward to it every year.

Will update on turn out. Trying a few new tweaks.
Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2020, 01:01 PM   #2280
Supporter

I just do Baby Backs and use what I call the 2-1-1 method. 2 hours on low smoke, 210 to 220 for 2 hours. Wrap in foil with butter, some of my rub and a little brown sugar. Then back on for 1 hour @ 210 to 220. Then back on unwrapped for 1 hour at 210 to 220. You can leave them dry but my wife like them with the sauce so every 15 minutes I apply sauce for the last hour.
TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.