Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-12-2019, 05:51 PM  
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Should the Chiefs look at S Minkah Fitzpatrick as a CB?

So I've come around to the idea that we might need to address the CB situation sooner rather than later.

In that vein, I was wondering what we think of S Minkah Fitzpatrick of the Miami Dolphins.

6' 1" 200 lbs.

2018 stats
80 tackles
9 pass defended
2 INTs

I know, he's listed as a safety. But last year, out of 1,000 snaps played, he actually played over the slot and on the boundary in nearly 700 snaps. And when he was targeted, he allowed just a 51% completion rate, and a QB rating of only 49%. Okay, 49.7%.

And while he's still got 3 years to go on his contract, he looks cheap, at about 3-4 million/year.

Maybe a solid possibility?

Last edited by Megatron96; 09-12-2019 at 06:11 PM..
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:19 PM   #361
Most Valuable Villain

Not ****ing happening for that compensation
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:20 PM   #362
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
Lmao so a 3rd round pick and a player that's been inactive will get him?
Not saying it will happen, but if teams are in serious trade talks, they will sit the player to avoid injury. Maybe they arent trading for an inactive player, maybe the player is inactive because they are trying to trade him.
SDChiefs would the whole thing.SDChiefs would the whole thing.SDChiefs would the whole thing.SDChiefs would the whole thing.SDChiefs would the whole thing.SDChiefs would the whole thing.SDChiefs would the whole thing.SDChiefs would the whole thing.SDChiefs would the whole thing.SDChiefs would the whole thing.SDChiefs would the whole thing.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:26 PM   #363
MONTANA #19

From the Miami Herald 45 minutes ago...

"It would surprise if Minkah Fitzpatrick makes it to the Dallas Cowboys game next Sunday. The Dolphins have been talking with three teams who are seriously interested in the former No. 11 overall selection, according to sources.
The Dallas Cowboys, interested early on, have dropped out of the derby and would have to do much work to make up the ground they’ve lost to those three teams.
The Dolphins are certain -- certain! -- they’re going to get a first-round draft pick for the defensive back. And they’re confident they might get an extra piece of compensation in the deal as well -- perhaps a player, or maybe a lower-round draft pick.
That’s how far along the Minkah trade talks are, which is to say, very far along."

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...#storylink=cpy
arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:27 PM   #364
Veteran

1st and Ragland works for me
Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:29 PM   #365
In Search of a Life

I’m just not sure what he really is. Is he a slot cb a safety? Can he play outside?

For a first I dunno
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:36 PM   #366
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I’m just not sure what he really is. Is he a slot cb a safety? Can he play outside?

For a first I dunno
It’s been posted a shitload of times. He played 700 some odd number of outside snaps well,300 ish slot corner snaps well, and the rest of his 1100ish at safety kinda good.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:37 PM   #367
In Search of a Life

Quote:

For a first I dunno
Yea, I don’t know that I’d trade a 1st for him for the simple fact that I don’t think he can play outside full time. That’s what we need. Fuller has been good, and our safeties are set.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:38 PM   #368
Veteran

Ragland and our First, for Fitzpatrick and Miami’s best 4Th rd, which would be top of day 3 of the draft.
Cosmos would the whole thing.Cosmos would the whole thing.Cosmos would the whole thing.Cosmos would the whole thing.Cosmos would the whole thing.Cosmos would the whole thing.Cosmos would the whole thing.Cosmos would the whole thing.Cosmos would the whole thing.Cosmos would the whole thing.Cosmos would the whole thing.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:49 PM   #369
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDChiefs View Post
Not saying it will happen, but if teams are in serious trade talks, they will sit the player to avoid injury. Maybe they arent trading for an inactive player, maybe the player is inactive because they are trying to trade him.
Ragland isn't being sat because hes in serious trade talks. He's being sat because he's not that good. And in the NFL, teams don't usually sit players even during trade talks. That's why Fitzpatrick is still playing.
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:51 PM   #370
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:

For a first I dunno
If we're trading a first I'd rather have Howard. Or try to get Peterson for a 2nd or 3rd. I wouldnt trade a 1st for Fitzpatrick
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:54 PM   #371
Veteran

Quote:
Ragland isn't being sat because hes in serious trade talks. He's being sat because he's not that good. And in the NFL, teams don't usually sit players even during trade talks. That's why Fitzpatrick is still playing.
How did that work out for Seattle? And they gave Fitz permission to seek a trade. They were not actively seeking to trade him.
SDChiefs would the whole thing.SDChiefs would the whole thing.SDChiefs would the whole thing.SDChiefs would the whole thing.SDChiefs would the whole thing.SDChiefs would the whole thing.SDChiefs would the whole thing.SDChiefs would the whole thing.SDChiefs would the whole thing.SDChiefs would the whole thing.SDChiefs would the whole thing.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:54 PM   #372
MVP

Quote:
If we're trading a first I'd rather have Howard. Or try to get Peterson for a 2nd or 3rd. I wouldnt trade a 1st for Fitzpatrick
Howard’s probably a 2 1sts type situation. Flores sees him as their Gilmore.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 09-15-2019, 08:15 PM   #373
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I’d rather have Peterson myself and keep this earlier picks

I’m just not big on Fitzpatrick but if they think he’s a legit outside guy go for it
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2019, 08:23 PM   #374
MVP

Quote:
I’d rather have Peterson myself and keep this earlier picks

I’m just not big on Fitzpatrick but if they think he’s a legit outside guy go for it
4 years control plus the tag on fitz vs an aging Peterson who will likely want a new deal kind of a wash for me.
Old 09-15-2019, 08:28 PM   #375
MVP

And Fitzpatrick is only 22
TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.