Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-10-2020, 12:42 PM   #46276
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post

tens of thousands to spare. You need one?

I hope not.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2020, 12:50 PM   #46277
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
I agree. But they were going on about safety data and the need to wait a couple weeks yesterday. If they've been able to bypass that then great!

If places have the storage capacity, I say start shipping out the vaccine now. Have it ready to start going in arms as soon as approval is given.
They need to have more safety data and then a thorough review of that safety data and Pfizer doesn't have it yet and I don't think any of the other vaccines do either. People aren't going to take it if they can't trust it.

Also I doubt we are ready for the refrigeration aspect of these mRNA vaccines.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2020, 12:54 PM   #46278
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
They need to have more safety data and then a thorough review of that safety data and Pfizer doesn't have it and I don't think any of them do. People aren't going to take it if they can't trust it.

What safety data are we looking for that they don't have? The trial was with ~44k people (maybe ~22k who got the vaccine assuming they split it in half), and they haven't seen any major safety issues yet.

I know they want a full 2 months of data (and I agree that it's needed before they actually start distributing things), but it's not like there's been a pile of safety issues that they just haven't looked at yet.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2020, 12:55 PM   #46279
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
They need to have more safety data and then a thorough review of that safety data and Pfizer doesn't have it yet and I don't think any of the other vaccines do either. People aren't going to take it if they can't trust it.

UPS and FEDEX are already retrofitting and adding refrigerated vehicles to their fleets for vaccine distribution. So someone is thinking about this aspect.
KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 11-10-2020, 12:58 PM   #46280
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS Smitty View Post
UPS and FEDEX are already retrofitting and adding refrigerated vehicles to their fleets for vaccine distribution. So someone is thinking about this aspect.
This is one of those situations that I just don't worry about. I can't imagine that Pfizer would have put all this time and money into a vaccine if they thought it would be a huge issue to distribute it.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2020, 01:01 PM   #46281
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
This is one of those situations that I just don't worry about. I can't imagine that Pfizer would have put all this time and money into a vaccine if they thought it would be a huge issue to distribute it.
Won’t dry ice hit the level of cold temps needed?
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2020, 01:06 PM   #46282
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Yeah, believe so. I would think you could just about direct ship it to hospitals on dry ice without too much of a problem as long as you can forecast how many are needed in advance. The biggest questions to me are 1) whether there are concerns with dry ice supplies in general and 2) if there will be issues with hospitals requesting more than they can use in the 10-day period and the having doses go bad.

There are challenges for sure, but I just don't see how they would be insurmountable.
Old 11-10-2020, 01:06 PM   #46283
Life is changing..

Quote:
Yes it will.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2020, 01:07 PM   #46284
Veteran

Quote:
I would think so but it doesn’t last long if your in and out of container much ,but that might not be an issue. We have a hard time finding it where I live ,that also may not be an issue in the city.
R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 11-10-2020, 01:28 PM   #46285
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Yeah, believe so. I would think you could just about direct ship it to hospitals on dry ice without too much of a problem as long as you can forecast how many are needed in advance. The biggest questions to me are 1) whether there are concerns with dry ice supplies in general and 2) if there will be issues with hospitals requesting more than they can use in the 10-day period and the having doses go bad.

There are challenges for sure, but I just don't see how they would be insurmountable.
My close friend owns a few pharmacies and they've already been instructed on how they'll be able to get these storage wise. So it's already in the works.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2020, 02:08 PM   #46286
Please squeeze

Quote:
What safety data are we looking for that they don't have? The trial was with ~44k people (maybe ~22k who got the vaccine assuming they split it in half), and they haven't seen any major safety issues yet.

I know they want a full 2 months of data (and I agree that it's needed before they actually start distributing things), but it's not like there's been a pile of safety issues that they just haven't looked at yet.
Maybe it is me but I think we would need more data than just a month. They also haven't said what age groups they have done but the speculation is they aren't doing children or the elderly yet for example.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2020, 02:10 PM   #46287
"Think BOOM!"

Let's science the shit out of this ****ing virus and stomp it into submission.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 02:12 PM   #46288
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS Smitty View Post
Quote:

If you watch the 60 minutes interview with the general of Warp Speed....yeah it is challenging.

The Johnson and Johnson vaccine will only need to use regular refrigeration and only 1 dose unlike these mRNA vaccines which will require 2 doses 2-4 weeks in between.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 02:20 PM   #46289
Life is changing..

The monoclonal antibody announcement kind of came and went without much publicity.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2020, 02:26 PM   #46290
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
It sucks and I'm glad I dont' have to make the decisions, but if we have to close bars and restaurants to keep schools open, well.....

Schools and kids are just too important.
You can't keep schools open if you don't have teachers to teach the kids, just like you can't provide adequate care to the people who are sick if you don't have adequate staff.

MU has been on bed holds for weeks now. The peds hospital is cross training pediatric nurses to be able to cover over at the main hospital due to patient surges and staff shortages.

Columbia just went back to all-virtual through mid-January, and as much as it sucks (and it will cost us around $2,000/month), it's the right decision for the educators. I'm just glad that we can afford to shoulder that financial burden.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.