Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-08-2022, 02:38 PM  
Veteran

Pittbulls kill 2 year old and 5 month old

Quote:
Two young children are dead and their mother suffered major injuries after two family dogs attacked a baby and toddler outside their West Tennessee home.Kirstie Bennard, 30, suffered critical injuries when she tried to intervene in the attack on her 5-month-old boy, Hollace Dean, and 2-year-old girl, Lilly Jane, family and police said.

"She put her body on top of Lilly’s to try and protect her after the attack started," Bennard's uncle by marriage, Jeff Gibson told USA TODAY on Saturday. "Both (dogs) started attacking her while she lay on Lilly."The two children were pronounced dead when officials arrived at the home, the sheriff's office reported.

It was not immediately known what provoked the mauling.The mauling, Gibson said, lasted about 10 minutes.The dogs – two pit bulls that belonged to the family – were euthanized at Memphis Animal Services Thursday.

The family owned the pets, Cheech and Mia, for more than eight years without a violent incident, Kelsey Canfield, the mother's best friend, told Fox News.

"I can promise you those children were her world, and if there was any inkling of danger, she would have never had those dogs near her kids," Canfield told the outlet. "Those children were everything to them, and they just have a really long journey ahead."
Full Article: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ng/8219201001/

How do you feel about PittBull's? I posted this because my wife shared this story with me and my son was just recently participating in a "read to sheltered dogs" event where you could adopt a dog (I know brilliant).

I've heard the arguments that PittBull's get a bad wrap, but it seems time and time again they are the focal point of dogs who do these horrible acts.
TripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 10-10-2022, 10:31 AM   #196
Supporter

I won't suggest that everyone who has a pitbull is a douchebag, but it is definitely the preferred breed of dog of the douchebag population.

I have a zero-tolerance policy for any asshole dog, regardless of breed. The difference is, my sister in law's dumb****, asshole weiner dog just growls and shits on the floor...it doesn't kill babies when it decides to do so. Come to think of it, I'd feed that dog to a pit.

A couple of years ago, some hobo skank had what I assume was a black poodle mix of some kind that grabbed me by the leg when I was walking down a sidewalk in Portland. That lady and a couple of bystanders were yelling at ME while I was kicking a dog that was actively biting me, growling and shaking its head. I wish I'd have had a hammer in my work bag.
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 6 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 11:01 AM   #197
Veteran

Society loves animals too much. Flame away. I don’t care. Culture prioritizes animals over people and it drives me crazy. When you love a dog like a person, that needs to be a red flag for psychological problems. It’s a crutch.
kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 11:07 AM   #198
Beyond the Rapids

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbubb View Post
Society loves animals too much. Flame away. I don’t care. Culture prioritizes animals over people and it drives me crazy. When you love a dog like a person, that needs to be a red flag for psychological problems. It’s a crutch.
Treating animals like people is indicative of some ways our society is messed up. True.
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 11:08 AM   #199
SuperChiefs

Quote:
Along those lines, one of our clients has 7 chihuahuas that she brings over for us to watch. When we first met her, she kept calling one of them her "husband". We were both confused and asked her if that was his name. She told us that no, she was in fact married to him. They had a ceremony, she wore a wedding dress and had him in a tux. ****ing crazy town, but she pays well so whatever...
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-10-2022, 11:16 AM   #200
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaChief58 View Post
Along those lines, one of our clients has 7 chihuahuas that she brings over for us to watch. When we first met her, she kept calling one of them her "husband". We were both confused and asked her if that was his name. She told us that no, she was in fact married to him. They had a ceremony, she wore a wedding dress and had him in a tux. ****ing crazy town, but she pays well so whatever...
Florida things.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 11:21 AM   #201
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooge View Post
I don't have a problem with pitt's, although I've never personally owned one ( just my roommates). We were looking to adopt a dog last year when my Swissy died. Looking on the shelter websites, and most of the dogs for adoption are pitts or pitt mixes. That might be why.
The reason there's so many pits up for adoption is because they're THE popular breed amongst bad pet owners.

Other places might have other breeds that have high "give up" rates. In California, for example, there's a lot of toy breeds in shelters because people buy designer dogs as accessories and don't realize until after they get them that pets are a lot of ****ing work.

But around here, the shelters are full of pits. People get them thinking they're buying a samurai sword or Glock. "Hey, look at Mauler. My dog is tougher than your dog". Then the dog does something bad and they're not prepared for the fallout. And when I say "bad" I don't just mean attacking somebody. I knew somebody whose pit chewed the corner off a 75G acrylic aquarium while there was fish in it.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-10-2022, 11:28 AM   #202
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaChief58 View Post
That lady needs to be put down. Back over her husband in your car and maybe she’ll take herself out.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-10-2022, 11:29 AM   #203
Forever Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooge View Post
I don't have a problem with pitt's, although I've never personally owned one ( just my roommates). We were looking to adopt a dog last year when my Swissy died. Looking on the shelter websites, and most of the dogs for adoption are pitts or pitt mixes. That might be why.

Availability might be interesting hypothesis for those with kids.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 10-10-2022, 11:30 AM   #204
SuperChiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
That lady needs to be put down. Back over her husband in your car and maybe she’ll take herself out.
She pays my wife's car payment and our auto insurance every month. She gets to live
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-10-2022, 11:31 AM   #205
Forever Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
I can only speak from personal experience but around here, people want pits for all of the traits normal people DON'T want.

In other words, they get a pit because they want an aggressive, alpha dog. Honesty, for most around here, pits are just like tattoos. It's a symbol of "street tough".

That’s interesting and certainly at least makes logical sense for individuals or adults without kids or around kids. But for those with kids something like that reasoning would definitely fall into owner stubbornness and not actually worrying about what’s right for the dog or family.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 10-10-2022, 11:33 AM   #206
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
That’s interesting and certainly at least makes logical sense for individuals or adults without kids or around kids. But for those with kids something like that reasoning would definitely fall into owner stubbornness and not actually worrying about what’s right for the dog or family.
Lots of people make decisions based on nothing that matters. To many complete idiots that can't even take care of themselves have multiple kids and pets.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-10-2022, 11:35 AM   #207
Forever Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razaele View Post
Treating animals like people is indicative of some ways our society is messed up. True.

It’s the opposite. Treating animals bad as a child and otherwise abusing or harming them, ie not treating them with respect deserving of a person, is a pretty reasonable sign of future violence and behavior problems.
Old 10-10-2022, 11:42 AM   #208
King Shit of **** Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
I’m still genuinely curious what the appeal of a pit bull is that you choose to get one over any of the other options out there less prone to violent aggression. And I mean appeal of the dog, not owners stubbornness or desire to say they have one of the good pit bulls.
I ended up with mine because a young couple bought him and their landlord saw him and said he had to go. They knew I’d take care of him, so here we are.
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-10-2022, 11:43 AM   #209
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
Lots of people make decisions based on nothing that matters. To many complete idiots that can't even take care of themselves have multiple kids and pets.
You have no idea. I took a metro to Nats park with my kids. There was a loose pit on the metro car. The owner was "experiencing homelessness" and wigged out on drugs two seats in front of me and the dog tunneled it's way up to my kids seat. Train was packed. Idiots around me were treating it like it was a labradoodle which kept it's attention off my small child. Eventually the dog went back to the bum and he put the dog into a bear hug and laid down in the seat. Could hear growling and yipping. Wild situation.
seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 10-10-2022, 11:45 AM   #210
MVP

Quote:
Thankfully the legal system doesn't prioritize animals over humans.
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.