Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-28-2024, 01:48 AM  
I got Rice cookin in the micro

What year did football become bigger than Baseball

?
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2024, 04:27 PM   #61
Special Teams ACE!!!

If you ask baseball blowhards, they'll insist we're still living like it's the 1950s, where every boy is handed a baseball glove out of the womb
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2024, 04:38 PM   #62
Here We Go Again

The strike year in the 90s is when I think it happened.

Looked it up, 94-95.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-28-2024, 05:02 PM   #63
MVP

Basketball was king in the 90's for what I remember.

I felt like the Greatest Show on Turf took the NFL to new heights. The 1999 St. Louis Rams changed everything.
ThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-28-2024, 06:09 PM   #64
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
Way more parity in baseball than the NFL especially when it comes to championships. But facts don't matter to CP. 8 different champions in the last 9 years. In NFL, Brady and Mahomes have 6 of the 9 Super Bowl wins. In the NBA, LeBron and Curry have 6 of the 9 NBA Finals wins.

Royals have the same number of World Series wins in the last 40 years as the Dodgers, Cardinals, and Braves. Yankees haven't been to the World Series since 2009.
In the NFL having a future HOF QB makes a huge difference. In the NFL, small market teams have generally been able to hang on to them after drafting them.

So you have parity in that sense. Young, Favre, Indy/Manning, Brady, KC/Mahomes but it can take years for the pendulum to swing.

In the NBA, the super stars have typically left for big markets as soon as they could. Although the last few years have bucked the trend of the big market teams dominanting somewhat.

The Yankees still have what, one in four or one in five of every World Series title? Bought with one of the highest payrolls.

I don't think the NFL dependence on having a top 5 QB to have much of a shot for winning the title is actually good for the league overall. Although obviously if that's how it's going to work, I'm thrilled to have Mahomes.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-28-2024, 06:21 PM   #65
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 View Post
Basketball was king in the 90's for what I remember.

I felt like the Greatest Show on Turf took the NFL to new heights. The 1999 St. Louis Rams changed everything.
Basketball did seem like king for a while in the 90s.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2024, 06:24 PM   #66
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Basketball did seem like king for a while in the 90s.
NBA basketball was incredible in the 80's. Lakeshow, Celtics, 76'ers and a bevy of teams that were folded in from the ABA with superstar talent.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Old 04-29-2024, 09:11 AM   #67
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
Soccer is easier.

Run after ball, try to kick it that way.

I played soccer and first base softball as a little kid. Little kids can't throw accurately to first base.

I played soccer as a kid, but that never created a desire on my part to watch soccer. Soccer just isn't that interesting as a spectator sport.

I never played football, but yeah, I always found it interesting to watch.
Solid point. My boss pushes his kids to play soccer because when practice at the indoor facilities or play there in the winter he can get a beer.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-29-2024, 09:52 AM   #68
Politically Incorrect

I always thought a football was bigger than a baseball.......

scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 12:48 PM   #69
MVP

I do fear football will eventually go the way of baseball. As it pushes for more games. ect. It's a long way from being that watered down but they really should stop pushing longer seasons and work on a developmental spring type league or something. Put a higher quality product on the field not the same one but more tired and spread out.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-29-2024, 01:02 PM   #70
Pessimistically optimistic.

I turn on baseball if I want to listen to some background ambiance when I take a nap.
MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2024, 01:05 PM   #71
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spott View Post
For me it was 89/90 when Marty arrived. That’s when KC became a football town almost overnight.
Pretty close to me as well. Followed the Royals more until that point.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2024, 01:25 PM   #72
MVP

I have to agree with many posters on here that MLB was way better pre strike.
Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 01:35 PM   #73
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia View Post
I have to agree with many posters on here that MLB was way better pre strike.

Made me remember something: another nail in the coffin for me was the widespread use of metrics. Took a lot of the drama/excitement out of the game for me.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2024, 03:58 PM   #74
Starter

Bigger than baseball? Not sure.

Better than baseball? The day it was conceived.
ThrobProng Loves all of Deberg's threads.ThrobProng Loves all of Deberg's threads.ThrobProng Loves all of Deberg's threads.
Old 04-29-2024, 04:07 PM   #75
Like I woke up in Wonderland..

Had to be more recent than the strike, I remember some playoff series from the early/mid-20s were top stories.

I'd put a vote toward the TV contracts - baseball has been an outlier in how regional it is and when locals can't watch their team then interest falls pretty quickly.
sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.