Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-24-2015, 02:47 PM  
Most Valuable Villain

Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread

Just called in and got it for free again....plus a $10 bill credit for 12 months and a $5 bill credit for 6 months.

Didn't even have to haggle with the guy.

Anybody else tried yet?
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2019, 08:09 PM   #961
It was not a fair catch

I have never heard of anyone that loves their internet, phone, mobile phone or cable company.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-19-2019, 07:51 AM   #962
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
The only thing I don't presently love about YoutubeTV is that their interface isn't terribly user friendly; at least nothing resembling DirecTV.

Do you have a remote you use that behaves particularly well with it?
I have the Roku device hooked up to the back of my TV. It works but occasionally, it doesn't want to work. At that point I have to push the button to have it sync again.

Yes, there are some things with this tech and YoutubeTV, in particular, that they need to improve.
For one, it would be nice if there was a previous channel button. Also, for some networks, it records the show to YoutubeTV's servers but for others, it streams the feed directly from that network's website. For example, any CBS program is streamed from the CBS website servers. The reason I say this is that it forces you to watch all their (CBS) commercials, whereas a show that I record on another network will allow me to skip through the commercials. Thankfully, there aren't too many that do this, at least for now. The other problem with that is that the show will be streaming along just fine but then when their ads are inserted, my stream sometimes starts acting up.

So yeah, this isn't a perfect system, but it's pretty good. And I'm saving a lot of $$ this way. And if I don't like it, I can easily change services with no penalties.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:18 AM   #963
Supporter

21 years ago we purchased a DTV dish and receiver from Montgomery Wards for $500 and installed ourselves. We have been a loyal customer for that entire time.
AT&T ruined a good thing, bunch of assholes.

They finished installing DishTv 30 minutes ago. DTV can kiss my ass.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:36 AM   #964
Rookie

I always browse the boards but never post anything however I thought I would share my experience with this. I called to cancel DTV after 10 years of service last week. They only offered me $30/off per month and I said no thanks and went ahead with the cancellation. Anyways, I get a call the next day asking me why I canceled and I stated it was just too expensive. They offer $90 off a month for 12 months (I was paying $135/month before) to get me to come back. I asked if they were offering deals on Sunday Ticket and if they throw that in, I'll come back. They agreed and I ended up getting both $90/month discount and free Sunday Ticket Max. Works every year, I haven't ever paid for Sunday Ticket.
milehighkcfan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.milehighkcfan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.milehighkcfan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.milehighkcfan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.milehighkcfan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.milehighkcfan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.milehighkcfan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.milehighkcfan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:40 AM   #965
Starter

Got rid of my DirecTV last year after no discount. Watch it online for free now. Bundled other services after dropping DirecTV and saved more than $200/month. Thanks for internet broadcast.

Go CHIEFS!!!
tx4chiefs has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.tx4chiefs has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.tx4chiefs has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.tx4chiefs has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.tx4chiefs has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.tx4chiefs has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.tx4chiefs has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.tx4chiefs has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.tx4chiefs has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.tx4chiefs has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.tx4chiefs has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 01:01 PM   #966
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
So yeah, this isn't a perfect system, but it's pretty good. And I'm saving a lot of $$ this way. And if I don't like it, I can easily change services with no penalties.
And that's huge.

We just realized we don't have Paramount and I really like Yellowstone (yes, it's Dallas with cattle; leave me alone).

So I'm betting in August I'll just create a SlingTV account for a month or two, cancel my YouTube over that period, binge and then cancel. Or hell, maybe not. It's just nice to be able to bounce around based on what's available.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-19-2019, 01:25 PM   #967
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post
21 years ago we purchased a DTV dish and receiver from Montgomery Wards for $500 and installed ourselves. We have been a loyal customer for that entire time.
AT&T ruined a good thing, bunch of assholes.

They finished installing DishTv 30 minutes ago. DTV can kiss my ass.

I will agree with ATT killing a good thing. Someday I have to figure how they actually bill. It is different than DTV was.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-19-2019, 06:47 PM   #968
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
I will agree with ATT killing a good thing. Someday I have to figure how they actually bill. It is different than DTV was.
If you figure it out they will change it. They are about as far removed from understanding the customers as possible.

We had to have spent around 25k or so with them and they would not let me watch a playoff game last year without paying for Sunday Ticket even though the season was over. That finished me and then they finally got the Mrs totally pissed this last week.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-20-2019, 05:26 AM   #969
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
If you figure it out they will change it. They are about as far removed from understanding the customers as possible.

We had to have spent around 25k or so with them and they would not let me watch a playoff game last year without paying for Sunday Ticket even though the season was over. That finished me and then they finally got the Mrs totally pissed this last week.
That makes no sense. Playoff games are all on the networks. Why would you need ST?
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-20-2019, 05:30 AM   #970
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
That makes no sense. Playoff games are all on the networks. Why would you need ST?
The Wild Card games on ESPN?
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-20-2019, 05:43 AM   #971
Beer Sherpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
I have never heard of anyone that loves their internet, phone, mobile phone or cable company.
I use a company called Toast.net that resells AT&T fiber without cap limits.

I pay $45 a month (not a promotional fee) for 60 Mbps Fiber (both down and up). $50 installation fee. Free router.

It was actually an AT&T guy who did the install (unhooking my incredibly similar Uverse GigaFiber service router in the process).
Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:57 AM   #972
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabblerouser View Post
The Wild Card games on ESPN?
Still not ST.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-20-2019, 12:25 PM   #973
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel Goat View Post
I use a company called Toast.net that resells AT&T fiber without cap limits.

I pay $45 a month (not a promotional fee) for 60 Mbps Fiber (both down and up). $50 installation fee. Free router.

It was actually an AT&T guy who did the install (unhooking my incredibly similar Uverse GigaFiber service router in the process).
Wow, that sounds fantastic. I am currently on Cox. Just checked the toast.net website and it's available for me. Can you tell me more about the service?
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-20-2019, 01:16 PM   #974
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:

And that's when it all got real.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-20-2019, 06:17 PM   #975
Beer Sherpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
Wow, that sounds fantastic. I am currently on Cox. Just checked the toast.net website and it's available for me. Can you tell me more about the service?
I learned about them through Cord Cutters News, I think.

Honestly, I'm the only one in my neighborhood who I know that uses them, but I've had absolutely zero issues with the service since I switched to them in November.

I just ran a speed test and can confirm that both speeds were over 50 Mbps on wireless.

I already had fiber leading to my house as I had the GigaFiber with AT&T for three years on a locked price deal. Once that period was over, my price jumped $70 per month (on an internet/cable combo) and so I made the switch.

They use the exact same fiber as before but they are willing to sell it without a cap while AT&T wants you to have cable for there not to be a cap. The router in my house actually has an AT&T logo on it, for what it's worth.

I'd guess you could call and ask how difficult the install would be at your house if fiber isn't already leading to your house, but I knew it would be super easy at my home. They were in and out in less than an hour for me.
Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.