Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-24-2015, 02:47 PM  
Most Valuable Villain

Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread

Just called in and got it for free again....plus a $10 bill credit for 12 months and a $5 bill credit for 6 months.

Didn't even have to haggle with the guy.

Anybody else tried yet?
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:51 PM   #361
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
Last two for me have been one-year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 View Post
Same here. (I think)
Those lying mother ****ers!!!

They always tell me they can give me a deal as long as I agree to a 2 year contract. I told last girl I wasn't comfortable with that and she said it's the deal and 2 years or nothing.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:02 PM   #362
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Those lying mother ****ers!!!

They always tell me they can give me a deal as long as I agree to a 2 year contract. I told last girl I wasn't comfortable with that and she said it's the deal and 2 years or nothing.
she's not lying though. Only certain CS reps can give out good deals, while others cant.
kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:04 PM   #363
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv View Post
she's not lying though. Only certain CS reps can give out good deals, while others cant.
She gave me a deal last year but said I had to extend the contract 2 years.

Seems fishy since others are saying they can get 1 year.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:05 PM   #364
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by siberian khatru View Post
Wife has called three times in last week trying to get a better deal on ST. We've been DTV and ST customers for 16 years, and she threatened to cancel both. The best they could do, they said, was $35.99 for 6 months. Not good enough, especially with what I read others getting here.

So we canceled. No Chiefs games every week for me anymore. And I'm on the path to cutting the cord on DTV as well in a month or two. Change is a-coming. With one kid in college and another a senior in HS, I need to save $.
its what i did man. i cut out direct tv, it didnt make sense anymore. 120 bucks a month for direct tv plus i had to pay another 70 for internet. comcast gave me a killer cable and internet deal for 128 dollars a month with free HBO and the sports channels. Was no contest really.
kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:13 PM   #365
Mod Team

I would cut in a heart beat. It's really only Sunday Ticket that holds me there. I barely watch actual TV programming. I pay for MLB.TV on the computer. And when I do watch TV it's never live and stuff that I can watch on Hulu. Other shows are TV series on Netflix, Amazon prime or HBO stuff.

Are streaming options really reliable for the NFL though? I am actually high on the Chiefs this year and don't want to miss games.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:31 PM   #366
Veteran

Quote:
I would cut in a heart beat. It's really only Sunday Ticket that holds me there. I barely watch actual TV programming. I pay for MLB.TV on the computer. And when I do watch TV it's never live and stuff that I can watch on Hulu. Other shows are TV series on Netflix, Amazon prime or HBO stuff.

Are streaming options really reliable for the NFL though? I am actually high on the Chiefs this year and don't want to miss games.
Don't they offer something on Playstation or something for like 300? Still not ideal but cheaper than the 1200-1500 most of us spend on direct tv per year.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Unsmooth-Moment would the whole thing.Unsmooth-Moment would the whole thing.Unsmooth-Moment would the whole thing.Unsmooth-Moment would the whole thing.Unsmooth-Moment would the whole thing.Unsmooth-Moment would the whole thing.Unsmooth-Moment would the whole thing.Unsmooth-Moment would the whole thing.Unsmooth-Moment would the whole thing.Unsmooth-Moment would the whole thing.Unsmooth-Moment would the whole thing.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:33 PM   #367
Supporter

Quote:

You could actually cut your bill to $29.95 (minimal service) and purchase Sunday Ticket. There's no reason to pay for anything more if you don't want it.

As I've mentioned in this thread, I have 3 HD DVR's, every channel and every service and my bill is just $130 a month. I've got three Roku's with all of the DTV apps in the other rooms and with a login, I can watch live or On Demand.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:38 PM   #368
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
You could actually cut your bill to $29.95 (minimal service) and purchase Sunday Ticket. There's no reason to pay for anything more if you don't want it.

As I've mentioned in this thread, I have 3 HD DVR's, every channel and every service and my bill is just $130 a month. I've got three Roku's with all of the DTV apps in the other rooms and with a login, I can watch live or On Demand.
We have 4 TVs, 2 wireless Genies so I can take a TV out on patio or move to different room. Not sure I could get that low on my bill but I guess I can start by getting lowest TV package from them. I think I'm already on second to lowest package and pay about $100 per month though.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:47 PM   #369
Supporter

Quote:
We have 4 TVs, 2 wireless Genies so I can take a TV out on patio or move to different room. Not sure I could get that low on my bill but I guess I can start by getting lowest TV package from them. I think I'm already on second to lowest package and pay about $100 per month though.
You could go to one HD DVR and use 3 Roku boxes (or the new 3600R stick). Just about every important channel is available on the Roku, so all you need to do is login with your Direct TV email address and password, then the app is "authorized", giving you a choice of "Live" TV or On Demand.

It appears that the lowest offer is $50 per month, which provided two HD DVR's. It might be worth a shot for you to check it out.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:55 PM   #370
Mod Team

Quote:
You could go to one HD DVR and use 3 Roku boxes (or the new 3600R stick). Just about every important channel is available on the Roku, so all you need to do is login with your Direct TV email address and password, then the app is "authorized", giving you a choice of "Live" TV or On Demand.

It appears that the lowest offer is $50 per month, which provided two HD DVR's. It might be worth a shot for you to check it out.
Thanks for the heads up. I might check that out. Or I might cut the chord next November. Between Amazon Prime, HBO GO, Netflix and Hulu, I think the wife and I would have plenty to watch. We currently have access to all of that besides Hulu. I am not exactly sure how it works but I know friends who have it and like it. (Remember, the wife is the tech gooroo, lol).
Old 07-27-2016, 07:02 PM   #371
Supporter

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up. I might check that out. Or I might cut the chord next November. Between Amazon Prime, HBO GO, Netflix and Hulu, I think the wife and I would have plenty to watch. We currently have access to all of that besides Hulu. I am not exactly sure how it works but I know friends who have it and like it. (Remember, the wife is the tech gooroo, lol).
Cool, good luck!

I won't be able to cut the cord for a long, long, long time, if ever. The kids can't live without Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Disney XD and Nick, Jr. and immediate access to their favorite episodes and shows (and it doesn't hurt for Mom & Dad to have those channels, either). Plus, we can't get the local stations up in the hills. I don't watch them frequently but when there are fires or mudslides or other events happening, they're crucial.

At least it's a complete tax write off for me.
Old 07-27-2016, 07:05 PM   #372
Mod Team

Quote:
Cool, good luck!

I won't be able to cut the cord for a long, long, long time, if ever. The kids can't live without Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Disney XD and Nick, Jr. and immediate access to their favorite episodes and shows (and it doesn't hurt for Mom & Dad to have those channels, either). Plus, we can't get the local stations up in the hills. I don't watch them frequently but when there are fires or mudslides or other events happening, they're crucial.

At least it's a complete tax write off for me.
Can't you get access to those shows on something like Hulu though. Obviously not the day they come out but most of them show up eventually?

Maybe someone should explain what Hulu is good for? Or another option to get shows aired on TV?
Old 07-27-2016, 07:13 PM   #373
Supporter

Quote:
Can't you get access to those shows on something like Hulu though. Obviously not the day they come out but most of them show up eventually?

Maybe someone should explain what Hulu is good for? Or another option to get shows aired on TV?
Dude, kids.
Old 07-27-2016, 07:39 PM   #374
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by siberian khatru View Post
Yes, that's exactly what the wife did. Still no go.
Get the Amazon box, side load some apps that take about an hour. . Stream. EVERY. GAME. YOU. WANT. TO. WATCH.

Is it the best quality? No. But my cable bill has been $00.00 since the end of the 2015 ALDS.

I pay 39.00$ per month to stream everything. I will never give those mother ****ers another nickel.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Old 07-27-2016, 07:48 PM   #375
20 Menthol KOOLs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones View Post
I can sell my password to somebody. Just don't F with my account lol.

By the way, the key is to get a girl customer service rep for me. Be super nice while being upset at the same time about whatever your reason for cancelling is.

Keep trying. If you're not getting anywhere try calling again. It's like playing the slot machine, eventually you'll win. It's just if you wanna expend the time on it.

I'd buy it for sure. Lew mentioned that he wanted to as well though before me.

Let us know.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.