Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-20-2016, 03:28 PM  
Supporter

Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread

For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

Last edited by DaneMcCloud; 10-31-2017 at 02:08 PM..
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2018, 09:40 AM   #3916
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
You could have easily used CGI to make a badass force fight scene for Luke that doesn't involve him moving around all that much.
That’s where I differ in opinion. The originals had decent saber fights, but nothing crazy like the last 5 movies.

I think it made the movies better since they focused on characters, story, etc.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2018, 09:46 AM   #3917
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRichard View Post
She also underestimated the fans and their back lash for being such a dumbass. I bet if they announced her termination and that Rian Johnson would no longer have a hand in anything related to the universe they would probably have an immediate surge in sales of stuff related to Solo.
Agreed 1000%
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 09:57 AM   #3918
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewChief View Post
TLJ hit Netflix, so I'm rewatching it. This movie is a steaming pile of shit. It just seems to strike all the wrong notes for me, for some reason. Every attempt to pull at my heart strings or strike nostalgia or create awe or get me emotional just fall flat on their face and become almost like a parody.

Maybe it's just my mood right now, but it just feels so.. off.
I tried to get my kids to watch it again with me, and they flat refused.

Not sure if I can't get them to watch it with me again that I'll ever bother.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 06-29-2018, 10:00 AM   #3919
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider View Post
I tried to get my kids to watch it again with me, and they flat refused.

Not sure if I can't get them to watch it with me again that I'll ever bother.
Same here. They like the originals, but don’t want to watch 8. They like the prequels a lot more than the last 2 in the series.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2018, 10:44 AM   #3920
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
They can nail 9 through Luke Skywalker.

If 9 starts with Kylo finishing off Leia and hunting Rey - even with Rey's arm being lopped off for good effect (we need to be afraid of Kylo). - with Luke Skywalker the White coming in to save her. Luke proceeds to teach her Lesson #3 and guide her through mastering the force.

This is where I concede that Finn and Rose's conclusion was the worst part of TLJ. Because, while I'm excited about this - wtf are those two going to do while we follow the plotlines we actually care about? (Rey Poe, Kylo).

Anywho, the pieces are there to stick the landing - and in a way that empowers Rey (theforceisfemale!) and allows Luke to get the resolution that pleases the fanbase.
I have no feel for where IX goes from here. The way TLJ ended, it felt like an ending to the Skywalker storyline. JJ is going to have to stand up if he's planning on pulling a solid follow up to TLJ out of his ass.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2018, 10:48 AM   #3921
The man you could post like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
I have no feel for where IX goes from here. The way TLJ ended, it felt like an ending to the Skywalker storyline. JJ is going to have to stand up if he's planning on pulling a solid follow up to TLJ out of his ass.
What? Kylo Ren is still a Skywalker, right?
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2018, 10:51 AM   #3922
The Beast Inside Your Head

I prefer 3PO just start 9 waking up from a bad dream that was 8 and forget it happened.
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2018, 10:59 AM   #3923
The Beast Inside Your Head

Great read with Mark shitting on Johnson and how he took the character a totally different way than JJ intended. Frustrating to read how awesome 8 could have been.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/32462...ign=benshapiro
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2018, 11:04 AM   #3924
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
What? Kylo Ren is still a Skywalker, right?
Of course, but that was more of a comment of how the movie ended. The rebel survivors have nobody and fly off, Kylo is left to stew in his failure, and we get a glance of the kid using the force without knowing he's doing it, showing us a glance of the future to come. It had a very "finality" feel to it, for me anyway....
Old 06-29-2018, 10:12 PM   #3925
Shaken. Not stirred.

I'm really not a fan of different writers for each movie in a trilogy. How do you get any real continuity doing things that way? You can use different directors but the writing needs to be consistent. Johnson took everything Abrams did and threw it over his shoulder. I wonder if that was why he had Luke do that with the lightsaber.

To have a true trilogy you need to have continuity and either one writer or a small team of writers that collaborate throughout the trilogy.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2018, 10:54 PM   #3926
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy View Post
Great read with Mark shitting on Johnson and how he took the character a totally different way than JJ intended. Frustrating to read how awesome 8 could have been.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/32462...ign=benshapiro
Another way to " fix" Star Wars is sending the Millennium Falcon in a dimensional rift which it's an alternate timeline Palpatine is dead with Plagus being the Emperor.

Anakin hasn't been born yet because of the alternate continuum. Rey dies at the end of the movie while fighting side by side with Anakin's Mother who''s a Skywalker Jedi Knight
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2018, 11:15 PM   #3927
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
Another way to " fix" Star Wars is sending the Millennium Falcon in a dimensional rift which it's an alternate timeline Palpatine is dead with Plagus being the Emperor.

Anakin hasn't been born yet because of the alternate continuum. Rey dies at the end of the movie while fighting side by side with Anakin's Mother who''s a Skywalker Jedi Knight
While any of the ideas you've thrown out would make the "true fan" happy, I doubt they'll do anything more than throw duct tape and a Band Aid on IX and pray it works. Time travel/alternate reality just doesn't feel right in SW (and that's saying how they've already used it in Rebels, so it's canon).

Maybe they'll have Ezra and Thrawn show back up from their stint in the Unknown Regions, and Thrawn teams up with Kylo while Ezra finds Rey. Or maybe Ahsoka shows up and mentors Rey. Or maybe none of it.

At this point, I think they have to time hop the story 5-10 years into the future to set up some happenings that lead to a story that JJ can mold that allows him to sidestep TLJ as much as possible.
Old 06-29-2018, 11:33 PM   #3928
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
I'm really not a fan of different writers for each movie in a trilogy. How do you get any real continuity doing things that way? You can use different directors but the writing needs to be consistent. Johnson took everything Abrams did and threw it over his shoulder. I wonder if that was why he had Luke do that with the lightsaber.

To have a true trilogy you need to have continuity and either one writer or a small team of writers that collaborate throughout the trilogy.
I think different writers and directors can be ok but there needs to be someone in charge of the entire vision.
Miles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 06-30-2018, 06:53 AM   #3929
Supporter

Luke is going to be used as a symbol, and the rest of the galaxy is going to rally.

Pretty basic stuff.
Old 06-30-2018, 03:28 PM   #3930
Drunk in the Neighborhood

I’ve never been so pissed walking out of a movie as I was TLJ.

Couple that w/ Johnson’s idiocy on twitter and its been enough to make me not spend another dime on SW (haven’t seen Solo).

Disney and KK literally killed the golden goose.
tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.