Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-03-2023, 08:32 AM  
MVP

College Football: The Colorado Buffalos

Last edited by DenverChief; 11-05-2023 at 10:04 AM..
DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2023, 08:54 AM   #121
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghak99 View Post
How many 60 min interviews and prime time fluff pieces did the rest of the country have to see about Kansas? The opposing coach's clicks and wins line was pretty spot on.
No idea, but is it really any different than the Chargers hype every season, everything Tom Brady, and all the other examples of sports media latching onto hype, no matter how manufactured?

Not to say it wasn't an extreme example, I don't watch all that shit for exactly that reason.

Regardless of the media taking it and running out of control with it, he's done a great job so far.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2023, 09:11 AM   #122
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
While personally fulfilling to see, a “loud” blowout just adds to the brand Deion is building

He’ll have all the dawgs he needs next season
A 1-11 record last year. Even god almighty couldn't beat a legit top 10 team, a contender for the championship on their home turf in game 4 of his first season.

I agree. Next year he will land more top recruits and the best players in the portal.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2023, 09:16 AM
DenverChief
This message has been deleted by DenverChief.
Old 09-24-2023, 09:20 AM   #123
In Search of a Life

I mean, it definitely doesn’t help to have a heisman caliber player on both sides of the ball out. A healthy Travis hunter maybe turns this from a humiliating blowout to a big loss. Which sounds like the same thing but it’s quite a bit different
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2023, 09:21 AM   #124
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverChief View Post
They're not talking about my team!

via GIPHY

I went to MU and despise the Gayhawks, you ****ing idiot.
ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 09-24-2023, 09:25 AM   #125
MVP

Quote:
I missed where Kansas hired a coach from a HBCU who in turn brought a bunch of HBCU players to a Division I school and was successful?
Now we're getting to the good part.

In an attempt to not get thread banned or moved to DC I'll just say some of us expected the NFL HOF'er we've watched for years to be better than average at his job and to have some level of success. Treating him and his success as normal and expected instead of some kind of disney story line is a complement to him and his players. Fluffing it as more or less based on anything other than the actual performance seems to indicate a motive or belief.
ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 09-24-2023, 10:25 AM
DenverChief
Old 09-24-2023, 10:26 AM   #126
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghak99 View Post
Now we're getting to the good part.

In an attempt to not get thread banned or moved to DC I'll just say some of us expected the NFL HOF'er we've watched for years to be better than average at his job and to have some level of success. Treating him and his success as normal and expected instead of some kind of disney story line is a complement to him and his players. Fluffing it as more or less based on anything other than the actual performance seems to indicate a motive or belief.
3-0 isn't actual performance? Taking Jackson State - a perennial loser - to multiple bowl games after his arrival - isn't performance? Who has the motive or belief here?
DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2023, 10:28 AM   #127
best in the biz

Quote:
I think you rooting for MU makes you the ****ing idiot

via GIPHY

All he said is he went to school there.
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2023, 10:32 AM
DenverChief
Old 09-24-2023, 10:34 AM
DenverChief
Old 09-24-2023, 10:41 AM   #128
Kind of a mod

I get the dislike of Deion and the attention he draws, but the school estimates that he's drawn roughly $90m of free advertising value this year from all the attention. Like it or not, he's doing a fantastic job of elevating the school's brand.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2023, 10:43 AM   #129
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Quote:
I also think you are failing to take into consideration that coaches and players from HBCU's have traditionally been viewed as "lesser" players that can't compete with the "big boys" of division 1. Here we are and they are competing is a pretty compelling story - regardless of how you feel about Deion Sanders his style of coaching is effective.
I don’t think we really know what his coaching style is. I’m a firm believer that in NCAA FB and MBB, it’s much, much less about X’s/O’s and way more about talent acquisition.

He’s getting talent. In the wide hash mark game of CFB, that can carry you a long way.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Old 09-24-2023, 11:12 AM   #130
best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I get the dislike of Deion and the attention he draws, but the school estimates that he's drawn roughly $90m of free advertising value this year from all the attention. Like it or not, he's doing a fantastic job of elevating the school's brand.
Whether you like me of hate me, I'm getting your attention.

/David Lee Roth.
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2023, 11:13 AM   #131
best in the biz

Quote:
AND called me a ****ing idiot - funny but unnecessary
This is CP.

AND you presumed he was KU fan.

funny but unnecessary.

Old 09-24-2023, 11:14 AM   #132
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
It was precious. He is jealous of an 19th ranked team and all the attention they were getting. News flash Colorado hasn’t had a decent football program for 20+ years. They beat TCU (ranked #17 at the time) they deserved their Top 25 slot. Why the hate on Coach Prime? This loss had nothing to do with his coaching abilities. Colorado State and Colorado have deep rivalry roots - the games are always hard fought regardless, Nebraska was beaten handily. Also keep in mind their best offense weapon and defensive player didn’t play this game. Not saying it would have changed the outcome but it definitely could have changed the lopsided nature of the score.
Mizzou beat a 15th ranked k-state team and didn't end up in the rankings for it.

No, Colorado didn't deserve their ranking and that's EXACTY why people are/were rooting against them.

I love Sanders and his approach. I don't think he's even that shameless self-promoter (many do it for him). But the sports media was in a rush to skip 2/3 of the 'hero's journey' and run straight to him slaying dragons.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2023, 12:02 PM   #133
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Mizzou beat a 15th ranked k-state team and didn't end up in the rankings for it.

No, Colorado didn't deserve their ranking and that's EXACTY why people are/were rooting against them.

I love Sanders and his approach. I don't think he's even that shameless self-promoter (many do it for him). But the sports media was in a rush to skip 2/3 of the 'hero's journey' and run straight to him slaying dragons.
This Deion is who he always has been and that can rub some the wrong way. The beat down yesterday was expected as the gap in talent between Oregon and Colorado is vast. They have gone from a 1-11 team to a 3-1 team so far. Sure his name and their victory over TCU contributed to their ranking, but he can coach and has them playing better than their talent should be. Will he ultimately make Colorado relevant from a wins perspective? Time will tell, but let’s see what he can do with more talent.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 09-24-2023, 12:03 PM   #134
MVP

Quote:

On a prayer 61 yard FG at the end of the game. Colorado basically led TCU the whole game and then traded go ahead 4th Q TD's before CU held them on Downs and won the game.

Mizzou was a 3.5 point favorite.
TCU was a 21 point favorite.

if you can't tell the difference in the games....
Old 09-24-2023, 12:06 PM   #135
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:

All of those celebrities showing up to watch Colorado barely beat Colorado State while being a heavy favorite was a pretty cringey moment
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2023, 12:07 PM
DenverChief