Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-20-2020, 08:11 PM   #8206
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklandhater View Post

it looks like it's a total shut down or millions of deaths.
Those figures are almost COMPLETELY meaningless except to sensationalize things and get clicks.

Let me give you a completely made up but plausible scenario. Let's say that the people between 0 and 54 ignore all the advice and put themselves at much higher risk. This activity results in 50x (all made up figures here, just to prove a point) as many cases in that particular age group. So in a certain geographical area you have 1000 people who are 54+ infected and 50,000 people <54 infected. 124 people from the 54+ group end up hospitalized. 76 people from the <54 group end up hospitalized.

OMG !!!! 38%are under 54!!!! Yes. and they represent .152% of the people infected from their age group.

Since we have absolutely ZERO clue what the true numbers are these types of percentages are completely meaningless. They are nothing but sensationalism meant to scare people. You maye be ok with it but I see it as outright dishonesty and it's ****ING REPREHENSIBLE behavior.
AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 16 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 08:19 PM   #8207
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
I picked a helluva week to stop drinking.
I wish you'd stop sniffing glue as well
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2020, 08:22 PM   #8208
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
Those figures are almost COMPLETELY meaningless except to sensationalize things and get clicks.

Let me give you a completely made up but plausible scenario. Let's say that the people between 0 and 54 ignore all the advice and put themselves at much higher risk. This activity results in 50x (all made up figures here, just to prove a point) as many cases in that particular age group. So in a certain geographical area you have 1000 people who are 54+ infected and 50,000 people <54 infected. 124 people from the 54+ group end up hospitalized. 76 people from the <54 group end up hospitalized.

OMG !!!! 38%are under 54!!!! Yes. and they represent .152% of the people infected from their age group.

Since we have absolutely ZERO clue what the true numbers are these types of percentages are completely meaningless. They are nothing but sensationalism meant to scare people. You maye be ok with it but I see it as outright dishonesty and it's ****ING REPREHENSIBLE behavior.
Amen. Great post.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2020, 08:24 PM   #8209
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Crowler:

Too Jewish Broncos
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2020, 08:26 PM   #8210
In Search of a Life

https://twitter.com/andyswan/status/...916317698?s=21

Maybe I’m just looking for good news but I thought this was interesting
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2020, 08:28 PM   #8211
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post

This times 100 trillion.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2020, 08:35 PM   #8212
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
https://twitter.com/andyswan/status/...916317698?s=21

Maybe I’m just looking for good news but I thought this was interesting
Interesting, but I'm hesitant to refer to it as a "paper." Just about anyone can "publish" on Medium, and the guy outright says that he's not a doctor or public health official.

I hope he's right, but the world's experts seem to disagree.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2020, 08:38 PM   #8213
In Search of a Life

So I’ve been reading all I can about this stuff. The Italian death rates just are way out of wack so I dug into how they’re classifying it. I think a lot of it is “they’re on deaths doorstep” and covid 19 pushed them over the edge. Any death of a pt is counted as a covid 19 death of they test positive postmortem

That’s interesting to me
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2020, 08:39 PM   #8214
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Interesting, but I'm hesitant to refer to it as a "paper." Just about anyone can "publish" on Medium, and the guy outright says that he's not a doctor or public health official.

I hope he's right, but the world's experts seem to disagree.
I agree

Numbers are numbers though. It just seems more and more to me that we’re just lacking data on this
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 08:39 PM   #8215
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I agree

Numbers are numbers though. It just seems more and more to me that we’re just lacking data on this
Yup.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2020, 08:41 PM   #8216
Kind of a mod

I do think that it's relatively safe to say that the actual CFR will end up being around 1% or lower at least. Pretty much every country has seen 3-5% or higher at first, then declining levels as testing expands.

That doesn't mean that it's not dangerous, but hopefully it won't be QUITE as bad as it once seemed like it might be.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 08:47 PM   #8217
Chiefs

ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 08:48 PM
TLO
This message has been deleted by TLO.
Old 03-20-2020, 08:50 PM   #8218
Supporter

If Americans just follow the basic rules of washing their hands and social distancing cases will level out and fall.
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2020, 08:58 PM   #8219
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP View Post
Seems like I read about this a couple of pages ago.

No special access. It wasn’t a private conference call. It was a preparatory call for this inevitable announcement so the medical field could trust the final product.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2020, 09:13 PM   #8220
Ain't no relax!

No way, not Kansas....

Kansas officials green light curbside alcohol sales

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Retailers of all sorts are working hard to get creative to stay open.

On Thursday, the Kansas Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control announced steps to help alcoholic beverage distributors and liquor stores.

Under new guidance, liquor license holders will be allowed to operate curbside sales to customers.

The guidance requires a designated “to-go” parking area that’s within 50 feet of the entrance to the business.

Additionally, restaurants are allowed to sell bottles of beer and wine in their original containers alongside curbside meals. The beverages are required to have a tamper-resistant seal and must be accompanied with a receipt.

The full memo is available on the state’s website.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.