Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-04-2020, 08:49 PM   #691
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
There's another comment in there somewhere that touches on that point. Seems like local hospital capacity in the case of a big breakout is a very real concern.
Rural areas with alot of elderly people disproportionately to the population especially.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2020, 08:50 PM   #692
www.nfl-forecast.com

The other thing about King County is that they are recommending anyone over 60 to limit public exposure. 60! I'm 58. First time I've felt close to being "elderly". Very weird.
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2020, 08:53 PM   #693
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
The other thing about King County is that they are recommending anyone over 60 to limit public exposure. 60! I'm 58. First time I've felt close to being "elderly". Very weird.
Life comes at you fast.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2020, 08:53 PM   #694
Kind of a mod

Quote:
The other thing about King County is that they are recommending anyone over 60 to limit exposure to the public. 60! I'm 58. First time I've felt close to being "elderly". Very weird.
My dad's only 69, but he had a heart attack 10ish years ago. There's no way in hell he'll be able to keep himself inside (former teacher, still volunteers in schools and the local nature center, always working on projects, etc.).

I'm not WORRIED per se, but I definitely would prefer he play it a little safer than he will.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2020, 09:03 PM   #695
www.nfl-forecast.com

My mom lives in a nursing home with late stage Alzheimer's. My dad spends about 6 hours there every day.
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2020, 09:07 PM   #696
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
My dad's only 69, but he had a heart attack 10ish years ago. There's no way in hell he'll be able to keep himself inside (former teacher, still volunteers in schools and the local nature center, always working on projects, etc.).

I'm not WORRIED per se, but I definitely would prefer he play it a little safer than he will.
I'm a little worried one of our fearless future leaders will get it.

Trump is 74.
Biden 77.
Sanders is 78.

One may bite the dust, I fear.
Old 03-04-2020, 09:14 PM   #697
Supporter

Quote:
There's another comment in there somewhere that touches on that point. Seems like local hospital capacity in the case of a big breakout is a very real concern.
Yes this is a big concern. The longer we can delay our surge in cases, the better so that the bed demand will hopefully not coincide with the seasonal influenza bed needs.
banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-04-2020, 09:43 PM   #698
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
My mom lives in a nursing home with late stage Alzheimer's. My dad spends about 6 hours there every day.
yeah that’s a high risk environment. But, it still doesn’t mean they will get it so try to relax about the threat.

My mom died slowly from Alzheimer’s. If you want to talk. PM me.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2020, 10:08 PM   #699
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
I'm a little worried one of our fearless future leaders will get it.

Trump is 74.
Biden 77.
Sanders is 78.

One may bite the dust, I fear.
I wish it was more socially acceptable to talk about the health of presidential candidates. Actually, I wish there was a constitutional maximum age limit.

Maybe if one of the above keels over from C19 health will be a bigger issue next time around.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-04-2020, 10:12 PM   #700
www.nfl-forecast.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
yeah that’s a high risk environment. But, it still doesn’t mean they will get it so try to relax about the threat.

My mom died slowly from Alzheimer’s. If you want to talk. PM me.
My mom has had it about 12 years. Dad took care of her at home until he couldn't any more. Him having a stroke -- luckily not too severe -- was the final warning sign that taking care of her 24/7 was killing him. She's been in the nursing home almost six years now. She would not have made it this long without my dad's constant care. She could pass at any time. I worry more about my dad, because he is still in decent health for a man in his mid-80s.
Old 03-05-2020, 12:13 AM
LiveSteam
This message has been deleted by LiveSteam. Reason: Testing
Old 03-05-2020, 02:41 AM   #701
Banned

Ultra Music Festival Cancelled

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...240878956.html

Miami hates the festival and this came due to pressure from the Mayor, not the promoters. The city has been trying to get rid of it for years. Disneyworld remains open.

I have tickets and a suite for Coachella in April...

Drag city, man.

Last edited by eDave; 03-05-2020 at 03:29 AM..
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2020, 06:05 AM   #702
Someone pass the antifreeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
Ultra Music Festival Cancelled

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...240878956.html

Miami hates the festival and this came due to pressure from the Mayor, not the promoters. The city has been trying to get rid of it for years. Disneyworld remains open.

I have tickets and a suite for Coachella in April...

Drag city, man.
**** that ultra shit. All the locals in downtown left during that Abortion.
MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-05-2020, 07:13 AM   #703
Plays to win the game!

Quote:
You’ve been able to get a senior discount for the last three years and it’s just now hitting you? 😁
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-05-2020, 07:37 AM   #704
Has a particular set of skills

BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2020, 07:49 AM   #705
Court Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
I also mentioned this in the DC thread, but I'm officially more worried about the ensuing public panic than I am about the actual virus. People are nuts.
They do the same stupid shit before hurricanes in Florida. They are rarely nothing more than an annoyance here, with an exception for the people that live at the beach.
Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.