Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 09-22-2017, 08:10 AM  
__

Derrick Johnson

I've been rewatching some of the Eagles and Pats games the past week, and DJ is just insanely good.

Seriously, I don't even think I want to lose him this offseason, much as that financially makes sense.

Here's the deal: you can totally replace his speed and his athleticism. Especially these days.

But he's SO SMART. Easily the smartest player on our defense -- he never falls for a single fake, he can always anticipate where the play is going, and is so mentally tough.

Terez did a story on Ragland earlier this season where Ragland was talking about "hey all I'm here to do is exactly what DJ tells me -- it's his team." That kind of deference is invaluable and it's part of what makes our defense so incredibly difficult to score on.

I know nobody disagrees with me that DJ is an All Time Chief, but I'll tell you this right now: barring another injury or him falling off a cliff, we gotta keep this guy. He's nigh irreplaceable.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2017, 08:54 AM   #16
Mostly Ignored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
He was a linebacker. Did you ever smash any Waco linebackers?
No. 😑

I was extremely average to below average in the world of Texas football. I didn't smash anybody. I was talking to him about our high school years on Twitter one night a few years back though, and told him I was gonna tell everyone that I laid him out.
TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2017, 08:55 AM   #17
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinz View Post
Two real injuries, both of which once repaired are highly unlikely to happen again because the repair actually makes it stronger.
He's an older player who has been injured twice now in the last few years.

It's definitely a concern, especially at his position with the abuse he takes.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2017, 08:56 AM   #18
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrae View Post
I love DJ but there have been a couple of times in these last two games where he looks a little gimpy. I am not sure if he still has some soreness or if he doesn't fully trust his ACL but there have been a few times where I have seen him just give up on an angle because he wasn't able to move fast enough. Unfortunately for this reason I think this is his last year. Maybe he can come back to coach the LBers!
I saw him get absolutely toasted trying to get to an edge last week, but I'm pretty sure it was Sproles that did it and despite Sproles age, he can still torch even the youngest LB.

There's no question at all that he's lost a step. But he does play a pretty crucial role in getting the defense set up. That's why I say the Chiefs would end up having to pay a hometown premium if they paid him for what he can do here in KC rather than what his free agent market would be.

He's not going to be nearly as good/valuable anywhere else as he is here. The athleticism that made him so dynamic 5 years ago is well in his rearview.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2017, 09:00 AM   #19
Mostly Ignored

Gotta think he'd be outstanding in a coaching role as well, when he finally decides to hang it up.
TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2017, 09:00 AM   #20
Banned

I hope we can win it all this year and let Tamba and DJ retire so their bodies can stop taking a beating. Then Alex Smith can play out the last year of his contract without controversy and CP will be a happier place.
TigeRRUppeRRcut < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.TigeRRUppeRRcut < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.TigeRRUppeRRcut < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.TigeRRUppeRRcut < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.TigeRRUppeRRcut < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.TigeRRUppeRRcut < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.TigeRRUppeRRcut < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.TigeRRUppeRRcut < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.TigeRRUppeRRcut < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.TigeRRUppeRRcut < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.TigeRRUppeRRcut < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 09:01 AM   #21
mod-ish

Not to hijack, but what is the latest on Ragland? Is he fully healed and ready to roll and just needing to learn the scheme (hence his quote about DJ)?
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2017, 09:07 AM   #22
Like I woke up in Wonderland..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrae View Post
I am not sure if he still has some soreness or if he doesn't fully trust his ACL
I don't believe DJ has ever torn his ACL
sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 09-22-2017, 09:08 AM   #23
Andy Reid Supporter

Well we can't pay him $10.25 million next year. Good news is that unlike Tamba, DJ is a stand up team first guy who will lower his cap hit and help us out.

We're in a perfect position at ILB with the depth we have. Veach has done well there since he's been hired.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2017, 09:08 AM   #24
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModBone View Post
Gotta think he'd be outstanding in a coaching role as well, when he finally decides to hang it up.
He's one of the players that I think could coach after he hangs up the cleats. I'd love to see him brought in as our LB coach under Sutton. If I had to choose....I'd probably say that DJ and Berry have a career in coaching after they're done.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2017, 09:08 AM   #25
Better than Nelson

Quote:
No. 😑

I was extremely average to below average in the world of Texas football. I didn't smash anybody. I was talking to him about our high school years on Twitter one night a few years back though, and told him I was gonna tell everyone that I laid him out.
Sad.
Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.
Old 09-22-2017, 09:09 AM   #26
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Not to hijack, but what is the latest on Ragland? Is he fully healed and ready to roll and just needing to learn the scheme (hence his quote about DJ)?
BJ Kissel @ChiefsReporter
Reggie Ragland was a full participant at practice today for the #Chiefs.
4:35 PM · Sep 21, 2017

I think he's really close.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2017, 09:14 AM   #27
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Well we can't pay him $10.25 million next year. Good news is that unlike Tamba, DJ is a stand up team first guy who will lower his cap hit and help us out.

We're in a perfect position at ILB with the depth we have. Veach has done well there since he's been hired.
Didn't he take a huge paycut for this year? Seems like I remember that being posted on here a while back.
jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2017, 09:24 AM   #28
Mostly Ignored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
He's one of the players that I think could coach after he hangs up the cleats. I'd love to see him brought in as our LB coach under Sutton. If I had to choose....I'd probably say that DJ and Berry have a career in coaching after they're done.
I agree, although with Berry I believe he's more motivational than anything else.
Old 09-22-2017, 09:29 AM   #29
Sandbox: Leander Lasercats

Quote:
I agree, although with Berry I believe he's more motivational than anything else.
That was my thought. Berry will do motivational speaking after his retirement and do very well with it too.
Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 09-22-2017, 09:31 AM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigeRRUppeRRcut View Post
I hope we can win it all this year and let Tamba and DJ retire so their bodies can stop taking a beating. Then Alex Smith can play out the last year of his contract without controversy and CP will be a happier place.
No, we'll be happier when you're gone.
kcchiefsus < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcchiefsus < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcchiefsus < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcchiefsus < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcchiefsus < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcchiefsus < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 3     Reply With Quote