Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 09-14-2017, 04:58 PM  
Would an idiot do that?

New Feature: Up/Down Voting Posts

We have been playing around with up/down vote functionality for the past couple of weeks and just activated it in the Lounge prior to this thread.

1. Everyone can vote a post up or down. The vote totals themselves show up on the bottom right of the post. You can't vote on your own posts (the up/down vote is hidden), but you will see the totals once it's voted on.
2. If a post meets some criteria for being "good," the post will be given a yellow border (so that others are drawn to the "good posts" in a big thread).
3. Similarly, if a post meets some criteria for a "bad post," it will be shaded. If a post meets criteria for a "terrible post," it will be shown collapsed with a red bar. The red bar of a collapsed post shows the user's name, and you can click a button at the right to show the post.
4. This functionality doesn't mess with the order of posts.

I'm using "some criteria" only because we're sure it'll change. The border, shading, and collapsed posts are based on the difference between up and down votes, not a total number of one or the other. We'll be making adjustments based on usage, especially with collapsed posts.

We have questions about whether it'll work here vs a place like reddit. A few of us like the idea while others have brought up legitimate concerns. In the end, we decided to roll it out, at least temporarily.

This is a trial run.

We'll give it a week or two depending on how things go, then we'll put it to a vote as long as it's not an obviously terrible idea. The goal is make threads a little easier to scroll through -- easier to find the best contributions and easier to scroll past the trolling and derailments. We aren't out to completely hide posts and will adjust as needed to keep that percentage really low, or based on your feedback.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:28 PM   #91
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochise View Post
Tags are much better, and funny.

Besides it's a lot of work downvoting every post
The tags were funny at first, but as of late they were mostly just a bunch of Dane McStalking.
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 3     Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:29 PM   #92
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochise View Post
I think the tags made me belly laugh more consistently than anything else that's ever appeared here. It's a shame that some whining got them taken away.
Oh it was whining?>

I thought it was a server load thing. Well thats just great.

I DEMAND WE SACRIFICE VOTES TO PLEASE THE GOD OF TAGS
hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:29 PM   #93
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModBone View Post
My posts are getting slammed.

How are there so many people downvoting my posts if everyone has me on ignore?
lewdog isn't doing so well either. We may not survive the evening.
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 4     Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:31 PM   #94
The Maintenance Guy

Kinda sucks I have to go back to see how poorly my posts are doing. Any way we can add a running count to our user CP?
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 5     Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:35 PM   #95
Beyond the Rapids

I think we should sign Alex Smith to a five-year extension.
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 6 Thumbs Down 6     Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:37 PM   #96
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
Kinda sucks I have to go back to see how poorly my posts are doing. Any way we can add a running count to our user CP?
And a running count of how many up/ downs total in a thread in the lounge.
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 3     Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:37 PM   #97
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Kind of. There is a log of sorts, but this mod is kind of half baked, and the page doesn't work well. It's just a list of post numbers without titles. Kind of weird.

If we end up keeping it, we might make that accessible, but it'd be too much work for a trial run.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:38 PM   #98
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Kind of. There is a log of sorts, but this mod is kind of half baked, and the page doesn't work well. It's just a list of post numbers without titles. Kind of weird.

If we end up keeping it, we might make that accessible, but it'd be too much work for a trial run.
you've been smoking tonight?
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:38 PM   #99
Kind of a mod

Come on guys! Just a few more down votes on post 3!
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:41 PM   #100
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
I'll go ahead and log in with all my mults.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 3     Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:43 PM   #101
Mod Team

Quote:
How does a good post look when it's highlighted on here?

I'm seeing none of those.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 8 Thumbs Down 6     Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:43 PM   #102
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by MODSAUTO View Post
you've been smoking tonight?
Na, that's for later.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:46 PM   #103
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
How does a good post look when it's highlighted on here?

I'm seeing none of those.
I nominate lewdog's post to up vote. Do it up guys.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 5     Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:50 PM   #104
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
I'll go ahead and log in with all my mults.
Hmm, I actually logged into an account I use to test stuff* and can't actually vote on anything.

*obviously not used to test this, however...
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:51 PM   #105
The talking stonehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Soooo..... Boobs?

I vote moron instead of getting hidden, get replaced by boob pics. Like cycle through some album on imgur on Allison Stokke or something.

One of my favorite pastimes is turning idiot threads into boob threads. If we could automate the system that would be outstanding.
Thumbs up for boobs!
POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 18 Thumbs Down 4     Reply With Quote