Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum

Old 08-06-2017, 01:47 PM  
__

Training Camp Roster Projection

You get 53 players. Let's see what you can do.

QB: Smith, Mahomes, Bray
RB: Ware, Hunt, Spiller, West
FB: Sherman

WR: Hill, Conley, Wilson, Robinson, Chesson, S. Jones
TE: Kelce, Harris, Escobar

LT: Fisher, Schwartz
LG: Witzmann, Ehinger
C: Morse, Fulton
RG: Duvarney-Tardif, Fulton
RT Schwartz, Reid

DE: Jones, Nunez-Roches, Jenkins
NT: Logan, Miller, Nunez-Roches
DE: Bailey, Kpassagnon

OLB: Ford, Hali
ILB: Wilson, March, Pierre-Louis
ILB: Johnson, Eligwe
OLB: Houston, Zombo

CB: Peters, Mitchell, Nelson, Gaines, White
S: Berry, Parker, Sorensen, Murray

K: Santos
P: Colquitt
LS: Winchester

That's 53.

Last edited by Direckshun; 08-21-2017 at 07:59 AM..
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-31-2017, 09:26 AM   #106
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Kemp has also made several good special teams plays.

For our 7th WR, that's probably more pressing than any rapport with our backup QB.
I'm projecting six receivers
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-31-2017, 09:37 AM   #107
In Search of a Life

Jones hasn't done much in games. I dunno that he makes it.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-31-2017, 09:48 AM   #108
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I think the injury is more severe than they've let on.

Personally, I'd rather see him on the PS than on IR.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-31-2017, 12:22 PM   #109
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
I'm leaning that way as well, especially since he's not playing tonight. I'll probably nix him after the 4th game. I don't see him making the club off nothing more than some camp reports. Not when Kemp has established himself as a solid STer in actual game situations while also making a couple of plays on offense.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-31-2017, 12:27 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I'm projecting six receivers
You're carrying one more OL than I am - you're keeping Devey on the roster, I'm using the spot on a WR.

Otherwise we have a pretty similar general construction.

Devey's a 29 yr old UDFA with a nothing of a career. I see no way he makes the roster given the raw numbers we can throw at the interior OL. Moreover, they could cut him loose and he'll just sit on the street for awhile. If they need him, they'll re-sign him (more likely they'll just call up Mama from the PS). I don't see a home for him.

I'm not wholly convinced they carry 7 WRs either; could see them trying to hold onto another OLB. Or...sadly...Jah Reid. But I've been trying to get rid of him since week 1 and Erving is my light at the end of the tunnel so I'm going to hold onto the dream.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-31-2017, 12:30 PM   #111
Supporter

Quote:
You're carrying one more OL than I am - you're keeping Devey on the roster, I'm using the spot on a WR.

Otherwise we have a pretty similar general construction.

Devey's a 29 yr old UDFA with a nothing of a career. I see no way he makes the roster given the raw numbers we can throw at the interior OL. Moreover, they could cut him loose and he'll just sit on the street for awhile. If they need him, they'll re-sign him (more likely they'll just call up Mama from the PS). I don't see a home for him.
While don't disagree, I'm actually using Devey as a "placeholder" because I think the Chiefs will carry nine offensive lineman going into the season.

Quote:
I'm not wholly convinced they carry 7 WRs either; could see them trying to hold onto another OLB. Or...sadly...Jah Reid. But I've been trying to get rid of him since week 1 and Erving is my light at the end of the tunnel so I'm going to hold onto the dream.
Well, that's the other thing: As much as we all would like to see Jah Reid cut, I'm just not certain that they can find someone off the waiver wire to replace him.

In theory, it seems like it would be easy but with their waiver priority so low, it might be difficult.
Old 08-31-2017, 12:46 PM   #112

Quote:
While don't disagree, I'm actually using Devey as a "placeholder" because I think the Chiefs will carry nine offensive lineman going into the season.

Well, that's the other thing: As much as we all would like to see Jah Reid cut, I'm just not certain that they can find someone off the waiver wire to replace him.

In theory, it seems like it would be easy but with their waiver priority so low, it might be difficult.
You look at the Mahomes GIF thread? Every one of those scramble drills that Mahomes was in was become Reid got beat like a rented mule. And this was AFTER I had already decided that he needed to get cut. He was easily that bad in weeks 1 and 2.

Yes, they can upgrade on Jah Reid. It would be impossible not to be able to do so. He's truly awful.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:12 PM   #113
In Search of a Life

I saw that the Seahawks are trying to move Jeremy lane and Alex Collins. That could be a two birds with one stone kinda move
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:12 PM   #114
Supporter

Quote:
You look at the Mahomes GIF thread? Every one of those scramble drills that Mahomes was in was become Reid got beat like a rented mule. And this was AFTER I had already decided that he needed to get cut. He was easily that bad in weeks 1 and 2.

Yes, they can upgrade on Jah Reid. It would be impossible not to be able to do so. He's truly awful.
I hope you're right. There's such a dearth of capable offensive lineman in 2017.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:56 PM   #115

Quote:
I saw that the Seahawks are trying to move Jeremy lane and Alex Collins. That could be a two birds with one stone kinda move
I'd definitely kick the tires on Lane. He may not have much left at this point but he's at least worth some film study.

Collins...eh, didn't care for him out of the draft and ultimately don't know that he'd be any kind of improvement. Again, I guess I'd be willing to look at tape on him to change my mind but I never recall thinking that he's anything more than a guy who would ultimately be a product of his system. If that's the case, I'm not sure what purpose he really serves here.
Old 08-31-2017, 02:02 PM   #116
Supporter

I don't get the Alex Collins thing. He was a 5th round rookie last year that had 125 yards rushing. Who's giving up a pick for that guy? Waiver wire, maybe.

Lane's too expensive. His cap hit is $5.25 million this year and $7.25 next year.
Old 08-31-2017, 02:41 PM   #117

Quote:
I don't get the Alex Collins thing. He was a 5th round rookie last year that had 125 yards rushing. Who's giving up a pick for that guy? Waiver wire, maybe.

Lane's too expensive. His cap hit is $5.25 million this year and $7.25 next year.
"Trying to move" means "will be cut by Sunday".

I'm not saying absorb Lane's contract - I'm saying wait until the Hawks cut him and give him a look.
Old 08-31-2017, 02:42 PM   #118
In Search of a Life

I liked Collins at Arkansas. No clue what he is now.

Would lane be subject to wavers or like Haden?
Old 08-31-2017, 02:48 PM   #119
Supporter

Quote:
Would lane be subject to wavers or like Haden?
Quote:
"Trying to move" means "will be cut by Sunday".

I'm not saying absorb Lane's contract - I'm saying wait until the Hawks cut him and give him a look.
He'd be cut and not subject to waivers.

The Seahawks would take a $5.25 million Dead Cap charge with no Cap relief.

Considering they only have $8.3 in Cap Space, I'd be surprised if he's cut.

I'd swap him for Hali, although the Seahawks would never make that trade.
Old 08-31-2017, 08:43 PM   #120

QB(3): Smith, Mahomes, Bray
RB(3): Hunt, West, Spiller
FB(1): Sherman

WR(7): Hill, Conley, Wilson, DAT, Chesson, Robinson, Kemp
TE(3): Kelce, Harris, Escobar

OT(3): Fisher, Schwartz, Erving
G(3): LDT, Ehinger, Witzmann
C (2): Morse, Fulton

DE(4): Jones, Bailey, Jenkins, K-Pass
DT(3): Logan, Nunez-Roches, King

OLB (5): Houston, Ford, Hali, KPL, Zombo
ILB (4): DJ, Wilson, Ragland, Eligwe

CB (5): Peters, Mitchell, Nelson, Gaines, Bausby
S (4): Berry, Parker, Sorensen, Murray

K: Santos
P: Colquitt
LS: Winchester