Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum

Old 08-06-2017, 01:47 PM  
__

Training Camp Roster Projection

You get 53 players. Let's see what you can do.

QB: Smith, Mahomes, Bray
RB: Ware, Hunt, Spiller, West
FB: Sherman

WR: Hill, Conley, Wilson, Robinson, Chesson, S. Jones
TE: Kelce, Harris, Escobar

LT: Fisher, Schwartz
LG: Witzmann, Ehinger
C: Morse, Fulton
RG: Duvarney-Tardif, Fulton
RT Schwartz, Reid

DE: Jones, Nunez-Roches, Jenkins
NT: Logan, Miller, Nunez-Roches
DE: Bailey, Kpassagnon

OLB: Ford, Hali
ILB: Wilson, March, Pierre-Louis
ILB: Johnson, Eligwe
OLB: Houston, Zombo

CB: Peters, Mitchell, Nelson, Gaines, White
S: Berry, Parker, Sorensen, Murray

K: Santos
P: Colquitt
LS: Winchester

That's 53.

Last edited by Direckshun; 08-21-2017 at 07:59 AM..
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-24-2017, 11:40 AM   #31
Supporter

King, Travis, Mama, Robinson, McQuay and T. Smith are all Practice Squad eligible.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-24-2017, 11:49 AM   #32
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
King, Travis, Mama, Robinson, McQuay and T. Smith are all Practice Squad eligible.
I believe Robinson, Smith and Ross had too many games played last year. King has already spent 2 seasons on practice squads (one with Cincy, one with KC). I'm not sure exactly how many weeks he spent on practice squads those years but I believe 6 is enough to burn your 'season' and I'd imagine he did so.

Mama and McQuay would be obvious and I expect Mama would make it through pretty easily (McQuay probably would, but teams often find uses for toolsy safeties on special teams).

EDIT: It looks like perhaps King could qualify for a 3rd year depending on how the Chiefs use their 53 man. That said, he's been in the league 3 years and has spent 2 years on practice squads. He's played 10 games total. I guess he could've just sneaked through some cracks (given how spread out those 10 games have been) but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a way I'm mis-reading this that keeps him off the PS.

Travis, having not actually spent a season on a practice squad yet, appears to still be PS eligible because he only had 6 games on the active roster. He can't get a second year, though. I don't see any way Smith or Robinson will be PS eligible as both played 9+.

Last edited by DJ's left nut; 08-24-2017 at 11:55 AM..
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-24-2017, 12:23 PM   #33
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I believe Robinson, Smith and Ross had too many games played last year.
I can't seem to find a definitive site for PS rules but this is from 2016:

https://www.sbnation.com/2016/9/3/12...ibility-primer

Up to four of those 10 players can have two accrued NFL seasons. So, was a player on the 53-man roster for at least six games of two NFL seasons? Sorry, they’re out of luck.

It used to be that three weeks of an NFL season spent on a practice squad counted as one full season of practice squad eligibility. Now, that number has been increased to six weeks, which expands some players’ eligibility. A player can spend no more than three seasons on any practice squad.

----
If I'm reading this correctly (and I may not be), I think all the guys I listed are eligible. Robinson, Travis and Smith all have one accrued season, so they're still eligible.

I'd like to find better confirmation.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-24-2017, 12:29 PM   #34
Supporter

FYI, Ramik Wilson played in 11 games, starting 2, in 2015.

In 2016, he was cut and added to the Practice Squad, then called up when DJ was injured.

If those rules still stand, Travis, Robinson and T. Smith are all eligible.

It appears that David King has one more year left of PS eligibility, then he's either on a roster or on the street.
Old 08-24-2017, 12:46 PM   #35

Hadn't seen your bolded rule; and with Wilson's history, that makes sense.

It's a funky-ass set of rules to try to figure out, I'll say that. Lots of different ways of accruing time and when/how they actually apply. The 3rd year thing is also weird (why wouldn't a team ever be carrying 53 players on their roster?).

Robinson playing 16 games and being eligible for the PS is a little bit ridiculous, IMO, but I guess them's the rules...
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-24-2017, 01:00 PM   #36
Supporter

Quote:
Robinson playing 16 games and being eligible for the PS is a little bit ridiculous, IMO, but I guess them's the rules...
Until the NFL has a true developmental league, I don't have any issues with this kind of rule.

Basically, there's no other way for young, raw players to get experience.
Old 08-24-2017, 07:10 PM   #37
Andy Reid Supporter

I would rather see McQuay on the 53 rather than White. DJ White has not looked
Good at all IMO
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-24-2017, 10:14 PM   #38
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
I would rather see McQuay on the 53 rather than White. DJ White has not looked
Good at all IMO
McQauy was moved back to safety after day one of TC.
Old 08-25-2017, 04:07 AM   #39
MVP

Quote:
I can't seem to find a definitive site for PS rules...
This should help you out, direct from the CBA:

Quote:
ARTICLE 8
VETERANS WITH LESS THAN THREE ACCRUED SEASONS
Section 1. Accrued Seasons Calculation
:
(a) For the purposes of calculating Accrued Seasons under this Agreement, a
player shall receive one Accrued Season for each season during which he was on, or
should have been on, full pay status for a total of six or more regular season games
, but
which, irrespective of the player’s pay status, shall not include games for which the player
was on: (i) the Exempt Commissioner Permission List, (ii) the Reserve PUP List as a
result of a nonfootball injury, or (iii) a Club’s Practice Squad.
(b) A player shall not receive an Accrued Season for any League Year in
which the player is under contract to a Club and in which he failed to report to such
Club at least thirty days prior to the first regular season game of that season, or in which
the player thereafter failed to perform his contract services for the Club for a material
period of time unless he demonstrates to the Impartial Arbitrator extreme personal
hardship causing such failure to report or perform, such as severe illness or death in the
family. The determination of the Impartial Arbitrator shall be made within thirty days of
the application by the player, and shall be based upon all information relating to such
hardship submitted by such date. The determination of the Impartial Arbitrator shall be
final and binding upon all parties.
Quote:
ARTICLE 33
PRACTICE SQUADS
Section 4. Eligibility:

(a) The Practice Squad shall consist of the following players, provided that
they have not served more than two previous seasons on a Practice Squad: (i) players
who do not have an Accrued Season of NFL experience; and (ii) free agent players who
were on the Active List for fewer than nine regular season games during their only Accrued
Season(s). An otherwise eligible player may be a Practice Squad player for a third
season only if the Club by which he is employed that season has at least 53 players on its
Active/Inactive List during the entire period of his employment.

(b) A player shall be deemed to have served on a Practice Squad in a season
if he has passed the club’s physical and been a member of the club’s Practice Squad for
at least three regular season or postseason games during his first two Practice Squad
seasons, and for at least one regular season or postseason game during his third Practice
Squad season. (For purposes of this Section, a bye week counts as a game provided that
the player is not terminated until after the regular season or postseason weekend in question.)
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-25-2017, 09:22 AM   #40

Quote:
McQauy was moved back to safety after day one of TC.
McQuay is a hell of an athlete and if you can sneak him through to the PS that's probably ideal. You'd love to try to mold some of that clay but unless you're moving Murray back to CB, there's just no room for McQuay.

I still can't figure out why they threw the money at Sorenson that they did. This organization does a damn nice job finding/developing safeties and suddenly they feel the need to spend $4 million/season on a 3rd safety/nickle linebacker.

I guess they could get out of it as early as next year if they wanted to - they backloaded that base salary so much that just eating the remaining $3 million in signing bonus to clear about $1.8 million off the cap is feasible (his number is at $4.8 if he's on the squad), but it seems unlikely.

Just a strange deal for a part-time player at a position that wasn't exactly thin (especially when he's a bit of a liability if Parker or Berry were to go down, making him not exactly a true backup either).
Old 08-25-2017, 09:35 AM   #41
Supporter

Quote:
McQuay is a hell of an athlete and if you can sneak him through to the PS that's probably ideal. You'd love to try to mold some of that clay but unless you're moving Murray back to CB, there's just no room for McQuay.
From my understanding, due to his athleticism, they drafted him with the intent of moving him to cornerback. For whatever reason, that experiment ended after day one of training camp.

I'll be surprised if he doesn't pass through waivers because was a late 6th rounder and hasn't shown much, if anything, in preseason. Considering that any team that claims him would need to make a roster move of their own, it seems likely that he ends up on the Chiefs practice squad, unless a Florida based team offered him a spot.

Quote:
I still can't figure out why they threw the money at Sorenson that they did. This organization does a damn nice job finding/developing safeties and suddenly they feel the need to spend $4 million/season on a 3rd safety/nickle linebacker.

I guess they could get out of it as early as next year if they wanted to - they backloaded that base salary so much that just eating the remaining $3 million in signing bonus to clear about $1.8 million off the cap is feasible (his number is at $4.8 if he's on the squad), but it seems unlikely.

Just a strange deal for a part-time player at a position that wasn't exactly thin (especially when he's a bit of a liability if Parker or Berry were to go down, making him not exactly a true backup either).
Not to pile on the guy even further, but this is one of those head-scratching contracts that Dorsey all too often doled out.
Old 08-26-2017, 08:20 AM   #42
Dumbass!

So why are we keeping Escobar?

I haven't seen anything from him that makes me think he has a place on the roster.

Did he sign a contract with guaranteed money?
milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-26-2017, 10:54 AM   #43
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman View Post
So why are we keeping Escobar?

I haven't seen anything from him that makes me think he has a place on the roster.

Did he sign a contract with guaranteed money?
No guaranteed money but he's much better than Travis at this point.

I hope they don't regret the trade of O'Shaugnessy.
Old 08-26-2017, 12:06 PM   #44
MVP

Agree on Escobar, never did like the signing. He's pretty well a lock to make the roster though given that Travis hasn't stepped up and done shit. Hopefully the Chiefs scour the waiver wire for a TE they can at least dump on the PS.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-26-2017, 12:15 PM   #45
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Agree on Escobar, never did like the signing. He's pretty well a lock to make the roster though given that Travis hasn't stepped up and done shit. Hopefully the Chiefs scour the waiver wire for a TE they can at least dump on the PS.
I think Travis ends up on the PS.

He just needs more time to bulk up, improve his blocking assignments and route running.