Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 01-20-2016, 03:28 PM  
Supporter

Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread

For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

Last edited by DaneMcCloud; 10-31-2017 at 02:08 PM..
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2016, 05:29 PM   #91
Shaken. Not stirred.

Thats why ignore doesn't really work
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2016, 05:43 PM   #92
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
If you don't quote him, I could live a full Tapatalk life without even knowing he posted something...
I've stopped responding to his epic dumbassery.

He's a troll and nothing more.

Please don't allow him to ruin threads for you or anyone else.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2016, 05:46 PM   #93
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I've stopped responding to his epic dumbassery.

He's a troll and nothing more.

Please don't allow him to ruin threads for you or anyone else.

I have him on ignore. As long as people don't quote his dumb ass, I can't even see that he's posted on Tapatalk.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2016, 07:13 AM   #94
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
Hearing word of politics scares me. The original trilogy was good because it was action-adventure space fantasy. The prequel trilogy was not good because it tried to be everything but that.
It wouldn't have been bad if the execution was better.

Instead of showing us with a good movie they spent minutes walking and talking, spelling everything out, boring the $3it out of most audience members...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2016, 07:15 AM   #95
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
The site goes on to say "Star Wars: Episode VIII" might pay more of a homage to the prequel films and themes due to a larger political story arc in play. They also say this will be the first live-action "Star Wars" movie to ever feature scenes set on a beach.
Again, this all depends on the execution. If it's part of the story that plays out then fine.

If they need 4 minutes of dialogue a pop to explain the movie, well...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:54 AM   #96
Ride on!

The real shitty thing is there are people out there who are genuinely upset by a female lead. I really don't give a shit, but if you are that type of a person, look at it this way; More females mean a better chance of another slave girl outfit.
kcfanXIII Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kcfanXIII Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kcfanXIII Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kcfanXIII Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kcfanXIII Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kcfanXIII Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kcfanXIII Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kcfanXIII Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kcfanXIII Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kcfanXIII Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kcfanXIII Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-11-2016, 12:06 PM   #97
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcfanXIII View Post
The real shitty thing is there are people out there who are genuinely upset by a female lead. I really don't give a shit, but if you are that type of a person, look at it this way; More females mean a better chance of another slave girl outfit.
Lol sure,why not?

Lol at you so called adults crying over someone having a different opinion and calling it trolling.
I'll watch all these Star wars flicks but the fact is it was really stupid how she's just uusing the force out of the blue and it working.
F u if you don't like my opinion about a male lead and it being pc on purpose crap.
And you seriously are knocking me for making fun of the villain lead? He was a joke in the role. He was like a serious version of DarkHelmets son from Space balls lol.
Sorry but actual grown ups don't need to play your kiss up game to have an opinion.
You talk about free thinking and freedom of speech and being entitled to an opinion but none of you are capable of doing it.
Toby Waller has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Toby Waller has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Toby Waller has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Toby Waller has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Toby Waller has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Toby Waller has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Toby Waller has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Toby Waller has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Toby Waller has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Toby Waller has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Toby Waller has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:09 PM   #98
mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellypitts View Post
Lol sure,why not?

Lol at you so called adults crying over someone having a different opinion and calling it trolling.
I'll watch all these Star wars flicks but the fact is it was really stupid how she's just uusing the force out of the blue and it working.
F u if you don't like my opinion about a male lead and it being pc on purpose crap.
And you seriously are knocking me for making fun of the villain lead? He was a joke in the role. He was like a serious version of DarkHelmets son from Space balls lol.
Sorry but actual grown ups don't need to play your kiss up game to have an opinion.
You talk about free thinking and freedom of speech and being entitled to an opinion but none of you are capable of doing it.
Shut up, limp dick
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:27 PM   #99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Shut up, limp dick
...and you're a tranny.

better yet, let a tranny have the force!

I'm sure you pc worshipers wont mind

Last edited by Toby Waller; 04-11-2016 at 06:32 PM..
Toby Waller has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Toby Waller has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Toby Waller has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Toby Waller has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Toby Waller has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Toby Waller has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Toby Waller has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Toby Waller has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Toby Waller has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Toby Waller has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Toby Waller has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 04-12-2016, 03:00 AM   #100
Immanentize The Eschaton

listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-14-2016, 10:08 PM   #101
Take a Chill Pill

How are the special features on TFA blu ray?
Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-14-2016, 10:09 PM   #102
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck View Post
How are the special features on TFA blu ray?
IMO, meh.
Old 04-18-2016, 03:00 PM   #103
Supporter

More info is beginning to trickle in, this time, about the political issues in VIII

As the production on Star Wars: Episode VIII (Space Bear) finishes off its (fifth?) week, the photo leaks from Dubrovnik are still most of what we know about the plot. Well, that and it looks like the movie will pick up with Daisy Ridley and Mark Hamill on Ach-To, pretty much where we left off.

This week, I have something to contribute to what we might know about Space Bear. Unfortunately it’s kind of vague, but it is from the stuff being shot at Pinewood Studios, not the location things that we’re all getting peeks at. This information comes from a source that isn’t as nitpicky about specific details as I am, but it is new info nonetheless.

There’s a stage setup like the interior of a starship. I don’t know what kind of starship, but it is large enough to have a crew and lots of droids manning it. The set has a bunch of practical effect robots and “hairy” alien creatures on it, and given that The First Order seems to be keeping up with the “humans only” hiring policy of The Empire, that suggests it is not a First Order ship to me.

In one of the scenes shot in this stage, a rag-tag group of Resistance fighters have seen some battle. Cut and bruised, they and Poe Dameron are on this ship when Laura Dern, playing some sort of captain or officer. She tells the fighters that they are the last of the rebellion/resistance and that Princess Leia has been gravely injured and is receiving medical attention.

Oscar Isaac and Laura Dern have an antagonistic exchange of words and Dern’s character is blunt with Poe, like she has some sort of authority over him. Things must be tense between these two characters because another scene we’ve gotten wind of has Poe leading a group of Resistance fighters as they take over what is presumably Dern’s ship. The scene included fighters under Poe removing technicians from their computer stations and Poe pointing a blaster at Dern’s character. That’s all we’ve got.

But with Episode VIII so locked down with the production in London, that’s a lot. Before I speculate a bit, this seems like the perfect time to bring up the recently leaked synopsis of Claudia Grey’s Star Wars book Bloodline, which will tell a Princess Leia Organa Solo story set six years before The Force Awakens:
The entire generation has prospered during an era of peace. The New Republic, governed by the Galactic Senate on Hosnian Prime, has held power for more than two decades. The wars that divided the galaxy are fading into legend. Yet conflict has begun to take shape within the Senate. Two unofficial but powerful factions have formed – the Populists, who believe individual planets should retain almost all authority, and the Centrists, who favor a stronger galactic government and a more powerful military. As the political gridlock threatens to cripple the fledgling democracy, Centrists leaders have called for the election of a “First Senator”. It is their hope that this powerful position will bring order to the divided Senate.

But Populists like Senator Leia Organa Solo know all too well the price of such order. Even as the election nears, the divisions between the worlds of the galaxy are growing wider… At first glance, this is Star Wars politics, which is a very prequel thing to focus on. From what we’ve seen of Space Bear, it looks like this movie isn’t afraid to start treading on the ground of the prequels in terms of echoing theme and larger plot arcs.

If The Force Awakens took vague shapes from the OT movies, maybe this one is going to have some politics and urban centers. The politics is the linking factor about all this Princess Leia talk, and the report that she may be physically incapacitated at some point in the movie, causing a rift in the Resistance.
Old 04-18-2016, 03:00 PM   #104
Supporter

Also, there's this from another source:

• Laura Dern is a leader of the Resistance.
  • Leia’s ship is ambushed and she is blasted through space.
  • Leia ends up in a coma.
  • Laura Dern’s character then takes over Resistance command, but makes things far worse.
  • With this in mind, Poe takes control of the situation and becomes the interim leader of the Resistance.
  • In regards to the way Dern is portrayed, we are meant to not be sure if she is good or bad.
With all of that drama going on, it’s a good thing Poe looks like a badass in his new duds. I’m curious how big of a role General Leia will play in the next film as well. I kind of doubt she’s out of it for the entire movie. I speculate it is a good opportunity for Leia to come back at the end of the film but with Poe having proven himself as the future of the Resistance. Maybe Leia and Finn can bond over their recent comas?
Old 04-18-2016, 03:05 PM   #105
Supporter

It sounds to me as if they're reducing Carrie Fisher's role because Luke will be a central character and Disney doesn't want to reduce the screen time of Finn, Rey, Poe and Kylo Ren, as they're the next generation of Star Wars characters.