Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 09-13-2008, 09:46 AM  
Supporter

Norm McDonald - concentrated funny

Vintage Conan appearance. I would love just once to make someone as funny as Conan crack up like he does in the end.

src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pqeqsBQ0wq0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

Dude's so funny, he can make not being funny, funny.

http://www.maximumfun.org/blog/2008/...nadian-in.html
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-29-2017, 11:01 PM   #31
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Uhggg... Norm is pretty hit-and-miss with me. That missed. I understand what he was going for. But that just wasn't funny for me...
I think you have to be prepared for what he's doing to make it funny for you.

He's subverting the menace of his reputation, and committing to a straight recitation of crap material. It's not funny in a punchline way, it's funny in a WTF/disorienting way. And the humor creeps up on you. At first you fake laugh to be polite. Then you chuckle because you think you see where he's going. Then he delivers a lame joke [like the 'for the birds' line] in a way that tells you he knows how to deliver and is purposefully sabotaging that ability. And then the longer it goes, you laugh out of 'he's sticking with it' bemusement.

He's taking the long view. He has, and has had, his whole life to establish that he can kill a room. But in this friendly environment where people respect and admire that ability, he mortgages it on something odder and more memorable.

Reminds me of a bit I've heard described, but naturally never saw in person. A couple of titans when they were first starting out [I want to say Albert Brooks and someone like Ed Begley Jr. or Michael McKean, of that age and stature]. They would go up to an open mic in LA and with no esposition or explanation, they'd put on the appearance of a folk duo, or a comedic song duo, each with guitars. And for the next 12-15 minutes, they would just try to tune their guitars. They wouldn't address the crowd, or apologize, or explain. Just deet, deet, DEET, DEET, DEEEEEEEEE, . . . . Dut, dut, dut, DUT, DUUUUUUH, . . . . . .[fiddle with bridge] . . . . . [whisper something to each other] . . . . . deet, deet, DEET, DEET, DEEEEEEEEE, . . . shake their heads, . . . fiddle with the bridge some more. . . . . . Dut, dut, dut, DUT, DUUUUUUH. . . . [walk around the stage looking down], . . . [come back and whisper some more] . . . . deet, deet, DEET, DEET, DEEEEEEEEE

Audience, 1-2 minutes, silence, 2-4 chuckles, . . . 4-6 minutes murmurs, then anger, then people walking out . . .. . . then more and more laughter, . . until the whole place was rolling about 8-10 minutes in.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-29-2017, 11:37 PM   #32
I got Rice cookin in the micro

I quote Dirty Work all the time no one knows what the **** I am talking about...well I mean they never do, but they don't this time as well. HE STOLE A CHAINSAW. NOW HE IS USING IT ON MEEEEEEE

G7 Street fighting man....ummm you pressed G8...If you like pina coladas
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-30-2017, 04:36 PM   #33
In Search of a Life

God, no shortage of Norm talk show gold. This Pistorius exchange just kills me. Norm's solid in standup and I love his sketches though it's not for everyone. But he's ridiculously good when he's just bullshitting around.

But my favorite is the long jokes. Only Norm could pull this off

chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-30-2017, 05:53 PM   #34
He's Mahomie!

That guy's as funny as a weiner dog. Love Norm.
MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-30-2017, 07:39 PM   #35
Supporter

Such a waste of talent.

Norm's personal life is such a disaster that he's had multiple people helping him to manage it for more than 20 years.

It's a shame.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:13 PM   #36
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Such a waste of talent.

Norm's personal life is such a disaster that he's had multiple people helping him to manage it for more than 20 years.

It's a shame.
??
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:43 PM   #37
On one quarter

watched his netflix special again. Norm is pulling a Mencia. The guy is a real jerk
Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 06-02-2017, 10:44 PM   #38
Immanentize The Eschaton

I find him to be amusing but, generally, not funny enough to go out of my way to watch. He does occasionally make me laugh. For instance I heard him tell a joke about his antisemitic ventriloquist dummy and it stuck with me. Made me laugh out loud when I heard it.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2017, 10:46 PM   #39
Mahomes Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonpenz View Post
I quote Dirty Work all the time no one knows what the **** I am talking about...well I mean they never do, but they don't this time as well. HE STOLE A CHAINSAW. NOW HE IS USING IT ON MEEEEEEE

G7 Street fighting man....ummm you pressed G8...If you like pina coladas
Oh look its another whore!
CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.
Old 06-02-2017, 10:54 PM   #40
Mahomes Dynasty

Oh shit...I'm watching that Don Rickles scene in Dirty Work. God damn that shit was funny.
CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.
Old 06-26-2017, 05:59 AM   #41
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Reminds me of a bit I've heard described, but naturally never saw in person. A couple of titans when they were first starting out [I want to say Albert Brooks and someone like Ed Begley Jr. or Michael McKean, of that age and stature]. They would go up to an open mic in LA and with no esposition or explanation, they'd put on the appearance of a folk duo, or a comedic song duo, each with guitars. And for the next 12-15 minutes, they would just try to tune their guitars. They wouldn't address the crowd, or apologize, or explain. Just deet, deet, DEET, DEET, DEEEEEEEEE, . . . . Dut, dut, dut, DUT, DUUUUUUH, . . . . . .[fiddle with bridge] . . . . . [whisper something to each other] . . . . . deet, deet, DEET, DEET, DEEEEEEEEE, . . . shake their heads, . . . fiddle with the bridge some more. . . . . . Dut, dut, dut, DUT, DUUUUUUH. . . . [walk around the stage looking down], . . . [come back and whisper some more] . . . . deet, deet, DEET, DEET, DEEEEEEEEE

Audience, 1-2 minutes, silence, 2-4 chuckles, . . . 4-6 minutes murmurs, then anger, then people walking out . . .. . . then more and more laughter, . . until the whole place was rolling about 8-10 minutes in.
EDIT: Remembered, it was Craig T. Nelson and Barry Levinson.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:45 AM   #42
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
??
I suspect he likes the booze...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2017, 05:56 PM   #43
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
I suspect he likes the booze...
Gambling
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:25 PM   #44
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
You Dirty Gorilla.
It's Baby Gorilla.
Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 06-27-2017, 08:29 PM   #45
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerinMo View Post
It's Baby Gorilla.
That was to reflect Artie's [d]evolution.