Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 05-20-2013, 12:44 PM  
oxymoron

Star Wars: Rebels

And here's our replacement for Clone Wars. Coming to Disney XD in fall 2014. Bridges the gap between Eps 3 and 4. Looks...very cool. Conceptually.

Bit more detail:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entertainment Weekly
Star Wars Rebels, a one-hour animated pilot already in production at Lucasfilm, is scheduled to premiere in Fall 2014 on the Disney Channel before the new brand leaps to Disney XD for the ongoing series, according to Lucasfilm sources.

The series will mine material from the 19 years that follow Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and precede the Episode IV: A New Hope. In other words, using the life of the Skywalker twins as a measure, the series will be active in the story years that come after their separation as newborns and before their (unwitting) reunion on the prison level of the Death Star.

No word on whether the show will feature Darth Vader (who would be in the Empire’s power consolidation years and earning his reputation) or even pull in a character like Han Solo, the smuggler and cynic who becomes an unlikely freedom fighter when he opts to stand with his friends against cosmic odds. The title of the show is vaguely phrased in a way that any rebel — even a Boba Fett or Ahsoka Tano might qualify as a title character merely by walking an outsider’s path.

The series has three executive producers: Dave Filoni, the point man on The Clone Wars animated series that launched in 2008; screenwriter and producer Simon Kinberg, who has a flair for tonal rewiring and energizing familiar brands with new edge (e.g.: X-Men: First Class, Sherlock Holmes); and Greg Weisman, whose credits include well-regarded work on Young Justice and The Spectacular Spider-Man.

link
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:56 AM   #811
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
These shows good for a 7 year old girl who likes Star Wars but has a hard time paying attention during the actual movies?
When my oldest was 6 years old, I showed her the original Star Wars movie, ANH. She kept falling asleep and just couldn't get into it.

The Clone Wars was airing on Netflix and I'd only seen sporadic episodes over the years, so we tried that. She instantly loved it and we finished it up before the premiere of Rebels in 2014.

Initially, Rebels quality was behind that of the Clone Wars, not only in story but dialogue and animation. She liked it but not as much as Clone Wars. After the end of Season One of Rebel, she was finally ready to see the movies. But I showed them to her completely out of order as to not spoil the identity of Darth Vader because the Anakin that she knew from Clone Wars was really completely different from the Anakin in the prequels.

So it really blew her mind in the reveal during TESB. She'd been trying to guess for a few weeks so when that happened, it was awesome. Now, at age 9, she's all in.

Toys, stuffed toys, movie premieres, etc. but she won't watch the Season 4 Trailer because, unlike me, she doesn't want to be spoiled.

Oh, and to answer your question, I think she'll be fine, as the episodes are only 22 minutes long but like Clone Wars, so much more enjoyable if Binged, sans commercials as well.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:17 AM   #812
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
When my oldest was 6 years old, I showed her the original Star Wars movie, ANH. She kept falling asleep and just couldn't get into it.

The Clone Wars was airing on Netflix and I'd only seen sporadic episodes over the years, so we tried that. She instantly loved it and we finished it up before the premiere of Rebels in 2014.

Initially, Rebels quality was behind that of the Clone Wars, not only in story but dialogue and animation. She liked it but not as much as Clone Wars. After the end of Season One of Rebel, she was finally ready to see the movies. But I showed them to her completely out of order as to not spoil the identity of Darth Vader because the Anakin that she knew from Clone Wars was really completely different from the Anakin in the prequels.

So it really blew her mind in the reveal during TESB. She'd been trying to guess for a few weeks so when that happened, it was awesome. Now, at age 9, she's all in.

Toys, stuffed toys, movie premieres, etc. but she won't watch the Season 4 Trailer because, unlike me, she doesn't want to be spoiled.

Oh, and to answer your question, I think she'll be fine, as the episodes are only 22 minutes long but like Clone Wars, so much more enjoyable if Binged, sans commercials as well.
What order would you recommend I show her everything?

She loves Rey. Has her outfit from the Disney store. And her main thing was building her own lightsabre when we went to Disneyland 2 weeks ago.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:20 AM   #813
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
What order would you recommend I show her everything?

She loves Rey. Has her outfit from the Disney store. And her main thing was building her own lightsabre when we went to Disneyland 2 weeks ago.
Try the new Star Wars Forces of Destiny shorts that are on DisneyXD and YouTube (which has every short).

They're only about 3 minutes long and feature Rey, Leia, Sabine, Jyn, Ahsoka and others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVVa2g4X4MU

If she's into those, she'll probably ask to see more about Ahsoka and Sabine. I'd show her Clone Wars, then Rebels.

My daughter LOVES Ahsoka. She's an awesome character.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:38 AM   #814
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Try the new Star Wars Forces of Destiny shorts that are on DisneyXD and YouTube (which has every short).

They're only about 3 minutes long and feature Rey, Leia, Sabine, Jyn, Ahsoka and others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVVa2g4X4MU

If she's into those, she'll probably ask to see more about Ahsoka and Sabine. I'd show her Clone Wars, then Rebels.

My daughter LOVES Ahsoka. She's an awesome character.
Sounds good. I'll see how she likes them. Thanks!
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-05-2017, 02:08 PM   #815
Veteran

No lie... Ahsoka is my favorite Star Wars character.
Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-20-2017, 03:36 PM   #816
Supporter

Star Wars Rebels Season 4 will air on various time slots each Monday including 9:30 a.m., 3:00 a.m., 7:30 a.m., 5:30 p.m., and 9:00 p.m. ET on Disney XD, the Disney XD App, and VOD, per Lucasfilm.

Monday, 10/16 – Heroes of Mandalore Parts 1 & 2
Monday, 10/23 – In the Name of the Rebellion Parts 1 & 2
Monday, 10/30 – The Occupation and Flight of the Defender
Monday, 11/06 – Kindred and Crawler Commandeers
Monday, 11/13 – Rebel Assault
Old 10-19-2017, 11:12 AM   #817
I'll be back.

leak!

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-19-2017, 03:33 PM   #818
The Boom Boom Room

The question of the season is who or what kills them all.
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:02 PM   #819
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
The question of the season is who or what kills them all.
We may not find out until next year because there are only nine episodes poised to air this year.

That leaves the final 7 episodes for next year, although from my understanding, the 9th episode leads directly into Rogue One.
Old 10-21-2017, 06:03 PM   #820
MVP

Quote:
We may not find out until next year because there are only nine episodes poised to air this year.

That leaves the final 7 episodes for next year, although from my understanding, the 9th episode leads directly into Rogue One.
So they are splitting the last season into two parts? I thought I had read that they were all going to air in a row.

Either way, it is going to be a helluva finish.
mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-21-2017, 06:16 PM   #821
Shaken. Not stirred.

Frustrated that they are not offering up season four on their Disney Now app.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-21-2017, 06:34 PM   #822
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Frustrated that they are not offering up season four on their Disney Now app.
Have you tried the Disney XD app or The Disney Channel app?

Edit: I just verified that both Season 4 episodes are available on Disney XD and Disney NOW app.

Last edited by DaneMcCloud; 10-21-2017 at 06:39 PM..
Old 10-23-2017, 11:51 PM   #823
Shaken. Not stirred.

Logged in and it still only seasons 1-3 for me. Yes, Disney XD is on the account. Whats really odd is when I log out and just search their shows it does show episodes 1 and 2 but as soon as I login season 4 disappears.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:16 AM   #824
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Logged in and it still only seasons 1-3 for me. Yes, Disney XD is on the account. Whats really odd is when I log out and just search their shows it does show episodes 1 and 2 but as soon as I login season 4 disappears.
That's really weird. All four Season 4 episodes appear on all of our Roku's.

I just downloaded and installed the Disney Now app on my iPad 2 and all four episodes from Season 4 are available.

Have you tried logging out, deleting the app and reinstalling? I've had to do that from time to time with other apps.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:20 AM   #825
Supporter

I just took this pic on my iPad. It's the Disney Now app.