Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum

Old 01-03-2017, 09:07 AM  
Andy Reid Supporter

Patrick Mahomes

I am so high on this kid right now, and it says a lot bc I'm terrified of taking a Big 12 QB (they never work out) but Jesus Christ is this kid impressive as hell. He looks just as good as any QB in this class bar none.

Let's review:

-above average size/build (6'3" 230 lbs)
-above average mobility
-elite arm...his dad played for the Twins so it's in his genes.
-solid accuracy
-set a lot of passing records
-smart kid
-only 21 years old

Watch this kid play. Seriously. He's got arm talent that can remind people of the same talent Aaron Rodgers had as a prospect. Not just arm strength but a quick release.

This guy looks like the next Russell Wilson/Dak Prescott and he would be a great fit here.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:17 PM   #76
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urc Burry View Post
I don't think it was ever a big problem. I'm not trying to make it sound like it's a red flag for me. I just know Alex Smith has "small" hands at 9 3/8.

Pat Kirwan
A well respected QB coach for decades in the NFL told me Mahomes has the best arm talent since Brett Favre. Raw & not ready but worth it!

I'm all in on him if we have a chance
Me too thanks. He has size arm and attitude. Enough for me.
RippedmyFlesh wants to die in a aids tree fire.RippedmyFlesh wants to die in a aids tree fire.RippedmyFlesh wants to die in a aids tree fire.RippedmyFlesh wants to die in a aids tree fire.RippedmyFlesh wants to die in a aids tree fire.RippedmyFlesh wants to die in a aids tree fire.RippedmyFlesh wants to die in a aids tree fire.RippedmyFlesh wants to die in a aids tree fire.RippedmyFlesh wants to die in a aids tree fire.RippedmyFlesh wants to die in a aids tree fire.RippedmyFlesh wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-03-2017, 12:54 PM   #77
I’m a Mahomo!

Does he drink a glass of water with both hands?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:36 PM   #78
Starter

At the Combine today Mayoc showed some tape on Mahomes where he made a side-arm, off balance throw to a receiiver in the EZ about 35 - 40 yards down the field where he hit his receiver in the hands right over a defenders out stretched hands, and Mahomes made the play on the run.
I gotta admit he's an incredible talent but a HC would have to have a lot of
latitude to turn a guy like that lose on the field to do his thing.
Could Reid be that kind of coach ?
JimBaker48.8 is not part of the Right 53.JimBaker48.8 is not part of the Right 53.JimBaker48.8 is not part of the Right 53.JimBaker48.8 is not part of the Right 53.JimBaker48.8 is not part of the Right 53.JimBaker48.8 is not part of the Right 53.JimBaker48.8 is not part of the Right 53.JimBaker48.8 is not part of the Right 53.JimBaker48.8 is not part of the Right 53.JimBaker48.8 is not part of the Right 53.JimBaker48.8 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:41 AM   #79
Abolish The Salary Cap!

I don't have ESPN Insider, but before the article got cut off Kiper mentioned that Mahomes could be available in the 2nd or 3rd round...

Quote:
Patrick Mahomes II, QB, Texas Tech

Mahomes, who measured in at 6-foot-2, 225 pounds, put on an impressive display in the on-field workouts, showing that he can make all of the throws. He also put up the best 20-yard shuttle (4.08 seconds) time and third-best three-cone drill (6.88) time and had a solid 40-yard dash (4.8). The former Red Raider signal-caller is more of a thrower than a pitcher who can pick his spots at this point, but his arm talent is undeniable. He's extremely raw -- his footwork and mechanics on tape are maddeningly inconsistent -- and the air raid system in which he played will likely cause some hesitation among teams. From all I've heard, however, Mahomes is a sponge who wants to learn and develop, and he'll work hard to learn the playbook when he's drafted. I think Mahomes is entrenched as the fourth quarterback in this draft -- behind Mitch Trubisky, Deshaun Watson and DeShone Kizer -- and he's in the mix to be picked in the second or third round.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/in...aft-2017-stock
Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-07-2017, 05:19 PM   #80
Unsparing

Quote:
The Pick: QB Patrick Mahomes, Texas Tech
Draft a developmental quarterback for the inevitable decline of Alex Smith or plug holes and try to load up for one more Super Bowl run?
Those are the options facing the Chiefs with pick No. 27 overall. With no viable long-term option on the roster behind Smith—unless the team keeps Nick Foles in a restructured deal—it makes sense to grab a talented quarterback if one happens to be available and then focus on team-building in Rounds 2-7.
Patrick Mahomes has unreal tools, but needs his mechanics re-worked and time to acclimate to a pro offense before he's thrown to the wolves of an NFL defense. Andy Reid would be the ideal QB mentor for Mahomes to learn under, which might make this match too good to be true.
Where there's smoke...
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-16-2017, 03:26 PM   #81
Andy Reid Supporter

Damn. Remember when I first watched him on January 3rd and the boner brigade began.

So glad we got this kid.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-16-2017, 04:18 PM   #82
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe View Post
I don't have ESPN Insider, but before the article got cut off Kiper mentioned that Mahomes could be available in the 2nd or 3rd round...
Yeah, he said that on March 7th, Mouthbreater
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-16-2017, 07:49 PM   #83
Special Teams ACE!!!

A ton of people were dead-on accurate in this thread.

And I gotta compliment Knowmo on his consistency. He was just as scared of Mahomes in January as he is now
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:27 AM   #84
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
We're going to have to trade up to get him.
Boom.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-04-2017, 10:51 AM   #85
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
We're going to have to trade up to get him.

Rep
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-04-2017, 12:13 PM   #86
Unsparing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate View Post
Where there's smoke...
I'm too lazy to pour through this thing, but I'm sure someone would LOVE to compile an entire listing of naysayer postings, complete with the usual tripe from our resident Alexsexuals proclaiming that Reid would NEVAH undermine the confidence of his precious boo, and that the Chiefs would be concentrating on MOAR WEPUNS for their "Franchise QB"!

Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-04-2017, 04:26 PM   #87
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate View Post
I'm too lazy to pour through this thing, but I'm sure someone would LOVE to compile an entire listing of naysayer postings, complete with the usual tripe from our resident Alexsexuals proclaiming that Reid would NEVAH undermine the confidence of his precious boo, and that the Chiefs would be concentrating on MOAR WEPUNS for their "Franchise QB"!

It's really not that bad at all. Most of the guys except for one or two were really intrigued, and some (like Dane) were dead-on accurate. Billay is totally wrong when he says shit about CP posters being ****ing terrible at player evaluation. We get stuff wrong, but I'd be willing to stack CP's best up against the fans of any other NFL forum. Betcha we would hold our own.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-04-2017, 05:15 PM   #88
Unsparing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
It's really not that bad at all. Most of the guys except for one or two were really intrigued, and some (like Dane) were dead-on accurate. Billay is totally wrong when he says shit about CP posters being ****ing terrible at player evaluation. We get stuff wrong, but I'd be willing to stack CP's best up against the fans of any other NFL forum. Betcha we would hold our own.
You got THAT shit right.

I've seen plenty of other boards, Chiefs and otherwise. Those people are morons.