Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-20-2017, 07:13 PM  
Damnit Peg

Official 2017 NBA Off Season Thread

The draft is June 22nd.
Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:38 AM   #466
Banned

Melo can thrive more with the cavs and gives Durant issues defensively as Durant would have to extend energy
RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-13-2017, 02:00 AM   #467
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcaj22 View Post
Lonzo still going to be a bust I read it from basketball experts on CP even though he dominated tonight
Only an idiot would think dominating a bunch of Summer league players means he is going to be great.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-13-2017, 07:28 AM   #468
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
Only an idiot would think dominating a bunch of Summer league players means he is going to be great.
He plays like shit...Summer league means something

He plays great....it means nothing

Come on man.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2017, 11:00 AM   #469
Please squeeze

The NBA made some very good rule changes yesterday in regards to time outs. I love the new rule to only allow 2 timeouts\team in the last 3 minutes of the game. Hopefully that will improve the flow of the game.

Quote:
Per the NBA, here are the modified timeout rules, set to go into effect for next season.
• Each team will have seven timeouts per game, with no restrictions per half.
• All team timeouts will be 75 seconds. In the previous format, “full” timeouts were 90 seconds and “20-second” timeouts were 60 seconds. Both “full” and “20-second” timeouts have been replaced by team timeouts.
• All four periods will have two mandatory timeouts, which will take place after the first stoppage under the seven- and three-minute marks.
• The under-nine-minute mandatory timeouts in the second and fourth periods will be eliminated.
• Each team can enter the fourth period with up to four team timeouts.
• Each team will be limited to two team timeouts after the later of (i) the three-minute mark of the fourth period or (ii) the resumption of play after the second mandatory timeout of the fourth period.
• Each team will have two team timeouts per overtime period; previously teams had three.
• Referees will assess a delay-of-game violation if a free throw shooter ventures beyond the three-point line between attempts.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2017, 11:13 AM   #470
Better than Nelson

Anthony Bennett had a good summer once. RustShack was here to tell us about it.
Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.
Old 07-13-2017, 11:32 AM   #471
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
He plays like shit...Summer league means something

He plays great....it means nothing

Come on man.

He did do some shit that would never EVER work in an NBA game. His drive into traffic and jump/spin 360 pass thing is going to get taken the other way and that's if he doesn't just get straight up thrown to the ground. He did a couple of soft lay-ins on barely contested drives that would've ended up in the 1st row.

Moreover, the argument itself doesn't work. If a guy is dominating A ball, that doesn't mean he's going to be a great major leaguer. If a guy is getting his ass kicked in A ball, it means he won't be.

This is an argument that can absolutely be made to ratchet only a single direction. If a person is terrible against bad competition, that sure as hell says something about their ability to be great against good competition. If a person is great against bad competition, that doesn't say that much about their ability to be great against good competition.

This is pretty straightforward.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2017, 11:47 AM   #472
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
He did do some shit that would never EVER work in an NBA game. His drive into traffic and jump/spin 360 pass thing is going to get taken the other way and that's if he doesn't just get straight up thrown to the ground. He did a couple of soft lay-ins on barely contested drives that would've ended up in the 1st row.

Moreover, the argument itself doesn't work. If a guy is dominating A ball, that doesn't mean he's going to be a great major leaguer. If a guy is getting his ass kicked in A ball, it means he won't be.

This is an argument that can absolutely be made to ratchet only a single direction. If a person is terrible against bad competition, that sure as hell says something about their ability to be great against good competition. If a person is great against bad competition, that doesn't say that much about their ability to be great against good competition.

Exactly.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:45 PM   #473
Perpetual Mediocrity

Very bust-like.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:54 PM   #474
In Search of a Life

Quote:

I totally agree. I'm just speaking to the game to game overreaction/hypocrisy.

The truth is we've learned nothing new about Ball, and won't until we see him for a few seasons against the best of the best.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:03 PM   #475

Quote:
I totally agree. I'm just speaking to the game to game overreaction/hypocrisy.

The truth is we've learned nothing new about Ball, and won't until we see him for a few seasons against the best of the best.
No doubt.

Before his dad came on the scene (publicly anyway) it was beyond my wildest hopes for the Lakers to get him. LA had started out hot and he looked like a complete non-starter. But damn did I love to watch him play.

His dad makes it so so hard to root for him but the kid himself seems like a nice guy and he's a fun throwback. Sadly, he's 15 years removed from when he would've been at his apex, but if he can clean up that jumper just a bit, there's still a way for him to excel in this league. He'll never have Steph's athleticism to the hoop of play the lock down defense on the perimeter that you'd like to see. His ceiling as a true 'superstar' probably isn't there. But if he has truly ascendant court vision, maybe I'm wrong.

If I am, maybe he can be the next Jason Kidd rather than a rich man's Ricky Rubio. I hope so because the league will be better if he is.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:10 PM   #476
In Search of a Life

Quote:
No doubt.

Before his dad came on the scene (publicly anyway) it was beyond my wildest hopes for the Lakers to get him. LA had started out hot and he looked like a complete non-starter. But damn did I love to watch him play.

His dad makes it so so hard to root for him but the kid himself seems like a nice guy and he's a fun throwback. Sadly, he's 15 years removed from when he would've been at his apex, but if he can clean up that jumper just a bit, there's still a way for him to excel in this league. He'll never have Steph's athleticism to the hoop of play the lock down defense on the perimeter that you'd like to see. His ceiling as a true 'superstar' probably isn't there. But if he has truly ascendant court vision, maybe I'm wrong.

If I am, maybe he can be the next Jason Kidd rather than a rich man's Ricky Rubio. I hope so because the league will be better if he is.
While Lavar is annoying as ****, I do respect what he has done business wise and building a brand. He's the reason why everybody is talking about his sons, and it's definitely not bad publicity, if there is a such a thing business wise outside of criminal activity. I like Lonzo though. He seems like a great kid and I wish him all the success in the world.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:24 PM   #477

Quote:
While Lavar is annoying as ****, I do respect what he has done business wise and building a brand. He's the reason why everybody is talking about his sons, and it's definitely not bad publicity, if there is a such a thing business wise outside of criminal activity. I like Lonzo though. He seems like a great kid and I wish him all the success in the world.
I knew about Lonzo Ball before I knew about LaVar. It wasn't until Lonzo was establishing himself as a unique talent that I knew a damn thing about LaVar.

People are talking about Lonzo because he's not something we've seen in a very long time. The pass-first, 'see the angles' pointguard is a dinosaur these days. But they're fun as hell.

People were talking about Ben Simmons just as much last year because we hadn't seen a point forward with his passing skills since Magic (okay, maybe since LeBron, but LeBron was just a freak in so many ways whereas Simmons was a passing forward with the world's ugliest jumper). Unique players get attention and Lonzo would've gotten it without Lavar.

Lavar's influence has been overstated at this point, IMO.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:31 PM   #478
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I knew about Lonzo Ball before I knew about LaVar. It wasn't until Lonzo was establishing himself as a unique talent that I knew a damn thing about LaVar.

People are talking about Lonzo because he's not something we've seen in a very long time. The pass-first, 'see the angles' pointguard is a dinosaur these days. But they're fun as hell.

People were talking about Ben Simmons just as much last year because we hadn't seen a point forward with his passing skills since Magic (okay, maybe since LeBron, but LeBron was just a freak in so many ways whereas Simmons was a passing forward with the world's ugliest jumper). Unique players get attention and Lonzo would've gotten it without Lavar.

Lavar's influence has been overstated at this point, IMO.
That's because you aren't a casual fan. I'm talking on a bigger scale. Mainstream. Just look at how much more attention Lonzo gets than all of the other guys that were in the draft, including the #1 overall pick. The talent alone doesn't justify all of the attention. If his dad weren't in the picture a lot of casual fans wouldn't even know who he is. There's a lot of people rooting for him to fail simply because of Lavar.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:47 PM   #479
Supporter

Quote:
but you know he's a bust, because you are basketball expert with the hottest take on Chiefsplanet?

If that's the case you should probably be getting paid on sports television with that expertise. At least make money with your basketball see into the future psychic talents.
TV isn't about sports smarts.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:48 PM   #480
Supporter

Quote:
OKC can def make WCF

I think Houston has an epic collapse, too many egos in the cookie jar. DAntonis system always fails when an ego has a problem with it/refuses to run it. its a great 1 star 4 good roleplayer system though
wut
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.