Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-04-2018, 08:33 PM  
I'll be back.

Star Wars: The Mandalorian

Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Quote:
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2020, 01:36 AM   #976
'Stachecicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Great ****ing episode. Great ****ing show.

Spoiler!

Shit is ****ing good. Really ****ing good. I mean there is a limit of scope they can have within the constraints of the series, but man, they’re taking incredible care to get it right. They’re swinging for the fences, but they’re really doing the right things to take appropriate care.
Spoiler!
trndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 11-28-2020, 02:09 AM   #977
Valiant 'The Thread Killer'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Spoiler!
Make Kyle katarn canon...
Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 11-28-2020, 06:51 AM   #978
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Wow.

Spoiler!
Spoiler!
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2020, 08:38 AM   #979
oxymoron

You did see a loth cat.

One Jedi no one has mentioned:

Spoiler!
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 11:05 AM   #980
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Spoiler!
Come on now. It’s Michael fuckin Biehn! A genre legend
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2020, 11:26 AM   #981
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trndobrd View Post
Spoiler!
Great point about the dichotomy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
You did see a loth cat.

One Jedi no one has mentioned:

Spoiler!
Spoiler!
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2020, 12:46 PM   #982
Valiant 'The Thread Killer'

Quote:
Great point about the dichotomy.

Spoiler!
Spoiler!
Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 11-28-2020, 02:33 PM   #983
Supporter

Mace Windu was a horrible character. There was absolutely nothing redeeming about him and without his decision to kill the Emperor, Anakin may have remained a Jedi.

I love SLJ but he was awful in the role. Being restrained by dialog isn't his forte and it was just a bad fit overall. I would not be interested in his return in any form.

The character is dead and it should be left that way.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 07:53 PM   #984
Supporter

Quote:
Mace Windu was a horrible character. There was absolutely nothing redeeming about him and without his decision to kill the Emperor, Anakin may have remained a Jedi.

I love SLJ but he was awful in the role. Being restrained by dialog isn't his forte and it was just a bad fit overall. I would not be interested in his return in any form.

The character is dead and it should be left that way.
Don't shoot the messenger...

If it is young Windu, it would probably not be SLJ.

Meh, I don't know. I'd have to see who was attached... And then probably not know them and lean on Dane to tell me if it was going to be good or not.

https://www.dexerto.com/tv-movies/st...plans-1419321/
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2020, 08:47 PM
DaneMcCloud
This message has been deleted by DaneMcCloud.
Old 11-28-2020, 08:54 PM   #985
Supporter

Quote:
If it is young Windu, it would probably not be SLJ.

https://www.dexerto.com/tv-movies/st...plans-1419321/
I haven't heard anything at all about a Mace Windu series in development and while the idea makes some sense in terms of onscreen diversity, it doesn't make sense in terms of the overall Star Wars galaxy of storytelling. SLJ was 50 years old during the filming of The Phantom Menace and he'll be 72 years old in December 2020, which poses several problems.

First off, a "Prequel" series starring an unknown actor as Mace Winu would complicate the timeline. Let's say they started 30 years before TPM, where he's a young Jedi Padawan. Well, at that point in time, absolutely nothing is known about that era, which was peaceful and devoid of Sith. Even Mace himself says something along the lines of "I don't think the Sith could have returned without us knowing", so right there, the Sith are out as Bad Guys.

So, who would be the antagonist? I don't think that people would be interested in seeing a young Padawan journey from world to world as a Learner that's involved in "negotiations" between worlds of the Old Republic. And since the new "High Republic" era has recently launched, the series would need to stay clear of history because if those new novels, comics and games happen to capture a huge audience, things that happen in a Young Mace Windu series could contradict events that occurred 30 years before TPM, so you're looking at a massive amount of interaction between the Story Group, novelists and the showrunners and even then, contradictions could occur.

The idea of doing it post-ROTS doesn't make much sense either because as a powerful member of the Jedi Council, why would he have been so deep in hiding that he couldn't have connected to the other living Jedi during that 30 year period? This is a guy that rose to the rank of Jedi Master yet he abandons them completely? Even Ahsoka helped the rebellion in secret during that time as Fulcrum, who was instrumental in bringing down the Empire and the first Death Star.

So let's say there's a series with Windu set post-RoTJ. What was he doing all of that time and why does he come out of hiding now, when the Empire's been destroyed and the New Republic's government has been put into place? Luke Skywalker is searching for candidates for a new Jedi Order and I doubt he'd be too pleased to see Windu, whose action not only caused the Empire to happen but also asked Luke's father to lie to the Chancellor on behalf of the Jedi!

I just think there are way too many problems for a series with Windu to happen and even then, I just don't see how people would connect with a guy that basically destroyed the Jedi Order all by himself and solidified the Emperor's plan to rule the galaxy with Anakin by his side.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2020, 10:09 PM   #986
Supporter

Quote:
good god

I was scrolling through wondering is anyone was going to mention the Mifune realness.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2020, 10:14 PM   #987
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
I was scrolling through wondering is anyone was going to mention the Mifune realness.
One thing among others that this series has gotten so right is the portrayal of modern mythology. It's just beautifully done. Scenes so great that you barely need any dialogue.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2020, 10:51 PM   #988
Supporter

Quote:
I haven't heard anything at all about a Mace Windu series in development and while the idea makes some sense in terms of onscreen diversity, it doesn't make sense in terms of the overall Star Wars galaxy of storytelling. SLJ was 50 years old during the filming of The Phantom Menace and he'll be 72 years old in December 2020, which poses several problems.

First off, a "Prequel" series starring an unknown actor as Mace Winu would complicate the timeline. Let's say they started 30 years before TPM, where he's a young Jedi Padawan. Well, at that point in time, absolutely nothing is known about that era, which was peaceful and devoid of Sith. Even Mace himself says something along the lines of "I don't think the Sith could have returned without us knowing", so right there, the Sith are out as Bad Guys.

So, who would be the antagonist? I don't think that people would be interested in seeing a young Padawan journey from world to world as a Learner that's involved in "negotiations" between worlds of the Old Republic. And since the new "High Republic" era has recently launched, the series would need to stay clear of history because if those new novels, comics and games happen to capture a huge audience, things that happen in a Young Mace Windu series could contradict events that occurred 30 years before TPM, so you're looking at a massive amount of interaction between the Story Group, novelists and the showrunners and even then, contradictions could occur.

The idea of doing it post-ROTS doesn't make much sense either because as a powerful member of the Jedi Council, why would he have been so deep in hiding that he couldn't have connected to the other living Jedi during that 30 year period? This is a guy that rose to the rank of Jedi Master yet he abandons them completely? Even Ahsoka helped the rebellion in secret during that time as Fulcrum, who was instrumental in bringing down the Empire and the first Death Star.

So let's say there's a series with Windu set post-RoTJ. What was he doing all of that time and why does he come out of hiding now, when the Empire's been destroyed and the New Republic's government has been put into place? Luke Skywalker is searching for candidates for a new Jedi Order and I doubt he'd be too pleased to see Windu, whose action not only caused the Empire to happen but also asked Luke's father to lie to the Chancellor on behalf of the Jedi!

I just think there are way too many problems for a series with Windu to happen and even then, I just don't see how people would connect with a guy that basically destroyed the Jedi Order all by himself and solidified the Emperor's plan to rule the galaxy with Anakin by his side.
I agree. I'm just passing on that it is in development
Old 11-29-2020, 08:57 AM   #989
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
One thing among others that this series has gotten so right is the portrayal of modern mythology. It's just beautifully done. Scenes so great that you barely need any dialogue.
The setting and the combatants, as well as the methodical calculating fighting style punctuated by furious engagement, were reminiscent of another completely different all-time classic bits of lore as well. Even down to the 2 blade/1 blade battle dynamics.

Beskar? Hattori Hanzo? Are you going for strength or balance and hone?

Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 09:18 AM   #990
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Nobody could pull off what's going on in this show better than Filoni and Favreau. The story has taken quantum leaps every episode from the ice spiders. It's been amazing.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.