Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-16-2022, 08:55 PM  
I'll be back.

How a pair of attention whores destroyed any ounce of credibility they ever had

Enjoy. And **** EB.

How a season-long rift between Mahomes and Bieniemy ruined the AFC Championship

Last edited by Hammock Parties; 02-18-2022 at 12:17 AM..
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2022, 09:02 AM   #1591
Cheat Death

I guess I'm still struggling with the optics part. If what happened during the AFCCG is true, that alone is reason enough to move on from EB with plenty of support for that decision.

The Chiefs jumping through hoops for one coach who isn't a good playcaller and is alleged to be difficult to work with would be worrisome as this all seems like unnecessary drama...if true.

I can understand KC wanting to do all they can to help EB get a HC job but that seems like a lost opportunity at this point.

The longer this goes the more it seems like they're trying to work something out with him unless they're still turning over stones for his replacement, otherwise just move on by making the best decisions that improve the likeliness of getting back to the SB.

Burt, if you're reading this, don't be signing or drafting any narrow asses this offseason.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2022, 09:08 AM   #1592
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Hmm, I've never tried it on a breakfast burrito... usually go with salsa or this chili garlic sauce. Throw some chorizo or sausage in there, damn...

That shit is amazing for so many things. I like it without the garlic, but you can use it for marinades, (it makes great chili lime marinade) sauté shit with it, or even just put it on a baked potato or scrambled eggs cold. It's pretty spicy though...
crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-22-2022, 09:25 AM   #1593
You Sweetie!

So does CP want this piece of shit to hit the road or does CP want this piece of shit to stay?
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2022, 09:28 AM   #1594
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
You cant deny a lot of it makes sense and you cant just pick and chose to believe the parts you want to believe.
You responded to me with something like this earlier in the thread and I didn't come back to you. I'll now take the time.

You're saying that I can't just 'pick and choose' the parts I want to believe. And I would counter that my entire point is that Clay/Marty can't just publish something under the banner of 'Chiefs Kingdom Editorial Board' - a moniker which makes it seem like an actual journalistic source that has actual journalistic standards - and have only some of the relevant details correct. They can't just pick and choose the details that are accurate.

I'm 10000% willing to believe that some elements of it were true and I fully believe they spoke to a relative of one of the players. But how much credibility does, say, Pringle's cousin have? And did they corrborate the information with another source? I kinda doubt it. I think they got some information from a relative that seemed juicy, it confirmed some priors they held with respect to EB, and they wrote this blog post which purported to be an actual article.

And I think it got so much airtime because 1/ the Chiefs Kingdom Editorial Board sounds semi-legitimate; 2/ it was fairly salacious/inside ball; and 3/ it allowed people to process and compartmentalize what happened in the second half of the AFCCG.

That's all. I think there's certainly smoke where there's fire so something is likely up, but I'm not remotely convinced the precise narrative expressed in this story is accurate.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 12 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 09:32 AM   #1595
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
So does CP want this piece of shit to hit the road or does CP want this piece of shit to stay?
I don't really care if Clay stays or goes tbh
ChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 09:33 AM   #1596
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
You responded to me with something like this earlier in the thread and I didn't come back to you. I'll now take the time.

You're saying that I can't just 'pick and choose' the parts I want to believe. And I would counter that my entire point is that Clay/Marty can't just publish something under the banner of 'Chiefs Kingdom Editorial Board' - a moniker which makes it seem like an actual journalistic source that has actual journalistic standards - and have only some of the relevant details correct. They can't just pick and choose the details that are accurate.

I'm 10000% willing to believe that some elements of it were true and I fully believe they spoke to a relative of one of the players. But how much credibility does, say, Pringle's cousin have? And did they corrborate the information with another source? I kinda doubt it. I think they got some information from a relative that seemed juicy, it confirmed some priors they held with respect to EB, and they wrote this blog post which purported to be an actual article.

And I think it got so much airtime because 1/ the Chiefs Kingdom Editorial Board sounds semi-legitimate; 2/ it was fairly salacious/inside ball; and 3/ it allowed people to process and compartmentalize what happened in the second half of the AFCCG.

That's all. I think there's certainly smoke where there's fire so something is likely up, but I'm not remotely convinced the precise narrative expressed in this story is accurate.
I would say IMVHO the biggest reason why it got so much traction is because we need to know why this team shit the bed offensively in the 2nd half.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2022, 09:36 AM   #1597
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
it was fairly salacious
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2022, 09:37 AM   #1598
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
I would say IMVHO the biggest reason why it got so much traction is because we need to know why this team shit the bed offensively in the 2nd half.
Mahomes played like shit and Reid refuses to adjust. It isn’t that hard.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2022, 09:43 AM   #1599
Veteran

I can't believe this thread is still going. I also can't believe that I'm still reading it and responding to it....so I guess that makes me an idiot as well

Here's the deal in a nutshell. Obviously it's possible that the Chiefs were hoping to move on from EB and get the picks. Obviously it's possible that EB wanted more play calling responsibility in his contract to build his resume, and even possible that the Chiefs gave him SOME added duties. And it's certainly possible that Pat and EB bumped heads a lot throughout the season. None of that is breaking news or critical insider information. It could all be gathered by watching games, sideline interactions, reading between the lines of press conferences. Or even someone knowing a lower level employee like the equipment manager and being told that players and EB have issues.

The overall issue is the presentation and "fluff" that was put into the piece, as well as what this DJBill guy adds. Does anyone in their right mind really believe the ****ing Chiefs franchise is using CP as a medium to get information out into the public? That's as stupid as people thinking lawyers are suing some nobody who wrote a blog post for defamation. Give me a break. And the extra shit about verbatim interpretation of headset communication? As if said nobody would be privy to that kind of information if it were even true to begin with? Throw in all the race talk and how the Chiefs are trying to avoid being labeled the team who cut bait with an African American coach. All that added noise to the "breaking news" did nothing to add to the story, it's possible legitimacy, etc. It was a bunch of opinion and innuendo and doesn't make sense to begin with. I mentioned it before, but who in the world would believe that Clark Hunt would allow a contract that would neuter his head coach and most successful hire in franchise history to be stripped of his ability to have last say? That's just asinine. These are the things that ruin Clay's story from the start.

I believe there was likely some heated discussion and falling out at halftime. I can't remember who it was, but some pointed out how much screaming Pat was doing at AR over the timeout fiasco in the first quarter. And then Pat pleading for one more play before half and shitting the bed and AR being irate afterwards. But you know who that sequence is on? It's on Pat. He should know how many TO's we have. He should also know that you can't throw it anywhere but in the endzone on that play. There is no way Tyreek was option 1 in that play, and if he was....it's on the ENTIRE coaching staff and Pat for letting something like that fly.

EB will either sign another contract or we'll move on. If, and it's a big if, Kafka was truly the intended heir apparent and we lost him by being worried about optics with EB, than we're dumber than I thought possible. Either way, I suppose this exercise has been entertaining so we do owe Clay a small debt of gratitude for filling the two weeks post superbowl with something to talk about.
blake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 09:45 AM   #1600
I'll be back.

Quote:
who in the world would believe that Clark Hunt would allow a contract that would neuter his head coach and most successful hire in franchise history to be stripped of his ability to have last say
Nobody. That wasn't in the article. The article SPEFICIALLY says that Reid could overrule Bieniemy.
Old 02-22-2022, 09:46 AM   #1601
Colorado Chief Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Mahomes played like shit and Reid refuses to adjust. It isn’t that hard.
Thats what is boils down to, sure.

BUT its also more than that. Mahomes went from scoring at will to the worst we have ever seen him play. Worst drop in a QBs play from half to half EVER!

WHY?
chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 09:49 AM   #1602
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefforlife View Post
Thats what is boils down to, sure.

BUT its also more than that. Mahomes went from scoring at will to the worst we have ever seen him play. Worst drop in a QBs play from half to half EVER!

WHY?
Probably because of the play at the end of the half. It's more logical that there was an argument at half time over how it ended and how that game was going the exact same way the first game with the Bengals went.

It's more logical that Bienemy probably wanted 3 points to end the half but Reid erred on the side of letting Mahomes have one more shot. That probably pissed off Bienemy and there was an argument at half time. And if this article would have explained that instead of filling it with garbage like below...then it would probably be better received.

1. Playcalling was written into Bienemy's contract.
2. EB changed the gameplan leading up to games.
3. We know what was in his contract.
4. The NFL begged the Saints to hire Bienemy.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2022, 09:52 AM   #1603
In Search of a Life

Veach knows what he is doing

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 10:05 AM   #1604
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Nobody. That wasn't in the article. The article SPEFICIALLY says that Reid could overrule Bieniemy.
From the article: "Bieniemy called the entire game. While Reid can chime in at any point and toss out a call, Bieniemy had full play-calling authority via his contract."

We're parsing words here, but the article basically implies that EB gets to call the entire game, save for maybe the first 15. If that's true, again, the Chiefs are complete idiots and I can't wrap my head around why the team would care SO much that EB gets a promotion at the expense of the offensive genius of Andy Reid. This window we have isn't something to **** around with and it's mind-boggling that people smart enough to be this successful in running and NFL franchise would mess around like this. And all for what....a couple draft 3rd round flyer draft picks?!
blake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-22-2022, 10:08 AM   #1605
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake5676 View Post
From the article: "Bieniemy called the entire game. While Reid can chime in at any point and toss out a call, Bieniemy had full play-calling authority via his contract."
That may have been misinterpreted by some.

What that means is that Bieniemy has the authority to call plays, and is the primary playcaller in many situations, but Reid has final say.