Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-20-2016, 03:28 PM  
Supporter

Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread

For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

Last edited by DaneMcCloud; 10-31-2017 at 02:08 PM..
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-11-2017, 12:15 PM   #1096
Plays to win the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I heard today that Rian Johnson and/or Ron Howard are the Episode IX front runners.

From my understanding, Ron Howard is absolutely killing it on Han Solo but they're not sure if he'll have time due to Post on HS. If Howard is the guy, then IX will be moved from May to December (which I think they should do, anyway).

I was told that they LOVE what Rian Johnson's done with VIII but that they want to see how the public reacts to VIII before hiring him for IX.
I'm thinking Brett Ratner should direct it, he's always solid on the third movie in a particular trilogy.
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-11-2017, 07:07 PM   #1097
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Major spoilers have hit the web.

Watch your ass.
Where?

There's only one site I trust and he hasn't broken anything recently
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-11-2017, 07:33 PM   #1098
MVP

Quote:
Where?

There's only one site I trust and he hasn't broken anything recently
What site do you trust?
mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-11-2017, 07:37 PM   #1099
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy View Post
What site do you trust?
Makingstarwars.net

I share the info I get from my peeps but he's leaked info months before it's confirmed.

He's no Mike Zeroh.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:36 AM   #1100
Cast Iron Jedi

Abrams for Ep. IX.

http://www.starwars.com/news/j-j-abr...c%7C1069686789

Quote:
J.J. Abrams, who launched a new era of Star Wars with The Force Awakens in 2015, is returning to complete the sequel trilogy as writer and director of Star Wars: Episode IX. Abrams will co-write the film with Chris Terrio. Star Wars: Episode IX will be produced by Kathleen Kennedy, Michelle Rejwan, Abrams, Bad Robot, and Lucasfilm.
“With The Force Awakens, J.J. delivered everything we could have possibly hoped for, and I am so excited that he is coming back to close out this trilogy,” said Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:47 AM   #1101
Plays to win the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
Solid choice, regardless of how you felt about Episode 7.
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:06 AM   #1102
I'll be back.

Terrible ****ing choice, c'mon.

Episode 9 needs to be ORIGINAL, not a rehash of Jedi, which is what he'd do.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:12 AM   #1103
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
So they've already fired Jack Thorne? That was quick.

Hopefully, Chris Terrio brings a lot to the table and keeps JJ from going all "JJ" on the screenplay.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:13 AM   #1104
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
Solid choice, regardless of how you felt about Episode 7.
As a director, I'd agree. He got great performances from a cast of unknowns.

As a story teller? Blech.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:31 AM   #1105
Supporter

http://ew.com/movies/2017/09/12/j-j-...rs-episode-ix/

J.J. Abrams will return to write and direct Star Wars: Episode IX

J.J. Abrams is the Chosen One. The Force Awakens filmmaker will return to write and direct Star Wars: Episode IX, filling the void left last week by the departure of director Colin Trevorrow.

While he partnered with The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi scribe Lawrence Kasdan on the first film in the trilogy, this time Abrams will write the script with Argo Oscar-winner Chris Terrio. The news is likely to bring balance to the fans, who viewed the departure of Jurassic World‘s Trevorrow as a sign of upheaval in the beloved series. Rumors circulated throughout Hollywood this summer that Trevorrow would be stepping down, and that Abrams — who handed off the second film in the series, The Last Jedi, to Looper writer-director Rian Johnson, but hasn’t taken on directing duties for another movie since — was eager for another journey into the galaxy. Abrams would be the first filmmaker, besides George Lucas himself, to direct more than one installment of the cinematic franchise.

When Abrams first signed on to direct the then-untiled Episode VII in January 2013, he was given only one piece of direction from Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy: She wanted the new series to feature the story of a young woman who learns she has strength and a connection with the Force within an unfathomable cosmic battle. A girl becomes a Jedi, in other words. Kennedy also tantalized him with a question: “Who is Luke Skywalker?”

The possibility of creating a hero for a new generation, while exploring the depths of a character Abrams loved as a boy, was an impossible draw to resist. (Even if, Luke didn’t get to turn up until the end.) Now, Abrams has the unique opportunity to close out the trilogy, although it’s not clear given the new goal of releasing one Star Wars movie a year whether there will ever truly be an end for these characters. Like Abrams, they are likely to keep being pulled back into the quest.

Here’s the statement released Tuesday by Lucasfilm:

J.J. Abrams, who launched a new era of Star Wars with The Force Awakens in 2015, is returning to complete the sequel trilogy as writer and director of Star Wars: Episode IX. Abrams will co-write the film with Chris Terrio. Star Wars: Episode IX will be produced by Kathleen Kennedy, Michelle Rejwan, Abrams, Bad Robot, and Lucasfilm. “With The Force Awakens, J.J. delivered everything we could have possibly hoped for, and I am so excited that he is coming back to close out this trilogy,” said Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:32 AM   #1106
I'll be back.

Jesus Christ.

What a disaster.

I sure hope The Resistance can take out the second Starkiller base while Kylo Ren saves Rey from Snoke.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:33 AM   #1107
Veteran

I actually think JJ did a much better job with Star Trek than Star Wars. But I'm probably in the minority here. I found Chris Pine as Captain Kirk & Zach Quinto as Spock was far more interesting than any of the new characters in The Force Awakens.
sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:37 AM   #1108
I'll be back.

Like, I enjoyed the shit out of the Force Awakens.

But it was very hardcore proof that Abrams isn't a very original dude.

I doubt going back to that well is going to yield fruit.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:46 AM   #1109
Plays to win the game!

Quote:
As a director, I'd agree. He got great performances from a cast of unknowns.

As a story teller? Blech.
I think the final film will come down to the studio's say so more than Abrams creative license. The ending and major plot points have probably already been written and I would think are non-negotiable at this point, if he adds his flare in between, I'm okay with that.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:48 AM   #1110
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
I think the final film will come down to the studio's say so more than Abrams creative license. The ending and major plot points have probably already been written and I would think are non-negotiable at this point, if he adds his flares in between, I'm okay with that.
FYP.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.