Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-15-2024, 07:30 AM  
Has a particular set of skills

I'm retiring due to health reasons. AMA

I have short term memory loss. The doctors can’t seem to find the root cause. This isn’t some forgetfulness, it’s serious. They tell me I have about 10 years before I will lose all short-term memory. I will retain all long-term memories. So that post you make about me in 2006 is still going to be up there in my noggin.

I have previously shared this diagnosis with the mods. I asked them to keep this information confined to the mod lounge. Which they did and I appreciated their consideration. They encouraged me to share this information with the rest of the Planet. It’s time to come clean.

I also have CLL (Chronic Lymphatic Leukemia). Its only put me in the hospital once and it usually does not kill people these days.

Would not be a BRC post without bragging so…. Last 10 years of my career, I architected, designed, and implemented the first cloud at Bank of America, the largest private cloud in the world for the military and for IBM, the world’s largest serverless IT infrastructure services provider with thousands of enterprise customers, thousands of applications in more than 60 countries.

You cannot do that kind of work without a functioning short-term memory, so I have no choice but to retire.

I’m 65. I’m being forced to retire a little early but only losing a couple of years anyway. I’ll have a comfortable retirement alongside my wife of 34 years.

AMA
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2024, 07:52 PM   #136
Andy Reid Supporter

Best wishes BRC. Enjoy life my friend
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2024, 09:55 PM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Best wishes BRC. Enjoy life my friend
Thanks man.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2024, 10:03 PM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY View Post
Sorry to hear your health issues. Best of luck with that. My one suggestion would be to never quit looking for answers and look in areas you wouldn’t usually. You have the time now.. like 5 years back I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid arthritis and was in unbelievable pain. After exhausting all Western and Eastern medicine I found answers with bio hackers and arthritis forums.
with my job or I guess now, my former job, I had to always be doing research for new ways to do things. A new wrinkle in an established procedure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY View Post
Oh and congratulations on a long term relationship these days. Lil momma and I have been together for 30. Having a great family makes this ride much better.
yeah, we are still in love as much as we were when we first met. As anyone on here will tell you that have met her, I married way about my weight class.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 07:45 AM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage View Post
That's sort of scary. Sorry for the troubles. On the other hand, retirement sounds pretty nice.

Hit the beach and have a few drinks!
Yeah, the unknown is the worst part. But, I've had a good life. From how my life started to being able to live the life I wanted alongside the love of my life, I'd hope everyone gets to experience that feeling.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 10:34 AM   #140
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
yeah, we are still in love as much as we were when we first met. As anyone on here will tell you that have met her, I married way about my weight class.
Know that feeling my friend...married way above my weight class too.

Congrats on your time together.
Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.
Old 04-16-2024, 12:35 PM   #141
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
married way above my weight class too.
Into the big girls, eh? NTTAWWT.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-16-2024, 01:28 PM   #142
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModSocks View Post
Into the big girls, eh? NTTAWWT.
I saw what you did there....

Luckily for me, my wife is petite and looks much younger than her real age.
Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.
Old 04-16-2024, 01:49 PM   #143
Supporter

Congrats on a great career! Sorry to hear about your health issues, but glad to hear it's kinda long term stuff. Enjoy retirement; after you get settled with it, you'll never look back!
Meatloaf Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Meatloaf Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Meatloaf Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Meatloaf Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Meatloaf Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Meatloaf Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Meatloaf Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Meatloaf Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Meatloaf Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Meatloaf Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Meatloaf Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-16-2024, 01:55 PM   #144
Supporter

Dang BRC, sorry to hear that. Getting old sucks. I hope it doesn't make you life too difficult. Good luck and God bless, brother.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-16-2024, 02:05 PM   #145
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
I saw what you did there....

Luckily for me, my wife is petite and looks much younger than her real age.
We know!
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-16-2024, 02:10 PM   #146
MVP

Good luck in your retirement.

Keep exercising... both physically and mentally.
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 04-16-2024, 02:28 PM   #147
Award Winning Tailgater

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post

Would not be a BRC post without bragging so…. Last 10 years of my career, I architected, designed, and implemented the first cloud at Bank of America, the largest private cloud in the world for the military and for IBM, the world’s largest serverless IT infrastructure services provider with thousands of enterprise customers, thousands of applications in more than 60 countries.
I hate to hear this, but it's ok to shut things down, you've done plenty. It's time to enjoy yourself.

Also, can't wait to share stories once my journey is finished. #todolist
Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 04-16-2024, 02:58 PM   #148
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
I hate to hear this, but it's ok to shut things down, you've done plenty. It's time to enjoy yourself.

Also, can't wait to share stories once my journey is finished. #todolist
We have a Retirement thread that we started since so many of us are getting to the stage where we are either retiring or near the end of the work life.

Plus we have it there to share stories of retiring and the pitfalls to watch out for.
Old 04-16-2024, 03:09 PM   #149
Stay down bitch!

Look at the bright side, if you bring home some fresh poon, you have a built in excuse for never calling her back the next day and not knowing her name!
PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-16-2024, 03:21 PM   #150
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
Look at the bright side, if you bring home some fresh poon, you have a built in excuse for never calling her back the next day and not knowing her name!
With a little luck, you can have fresh poon every day without cheating!

Silver linings, right?
ThrobProng is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ThrobProng is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ThrobProng is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ThrobProng is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ThrobProng is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.