Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-07-2024, 09:58 PM  
I'll **** anything that moves!

Calipari to Arkansas?!?

WTF
GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.
Old 04-09-2024, 08:35 PM   #91
In Search of a Life

Edit version 2.0.....

It was a parody account.

Edit....

I'm guessing this is bullshit, not seeing anywhere else.

No idea on how accurate this is, but....

Last edited by Mr. Plow; 04-10-2024 at 11:42 AM..
Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2024, 04:21 AM   #92
Snacks Are Under My Apron

Hopefully both programs continue to suck
threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2024, 08:01 AM   #93
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong..... but he's the one that said he was leaving (or at least that was the thought); and UK can't fire him without a huge payout. So couldn't he, in theory, just say "I'm staying" and that's the end of it?
Breach of contract. He's supposed to inform the Uni if he's in talks with anyone from another school.
rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 04-10-2024, 08:23 AM   #94
Stroking to the SB Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow View Post
Edit....

I'm guessing this is bullshit, not seeing anywhere else.

No idea on how accurate this is, but....

Yeah, that's a parody account, FYI
ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 08:41 AM   #95
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar View Post
Hurley would be the one to worry about and that's not happening.

Appears that Oats is out too. Drew has to be the favorite, and I don't think that's anything to be terrified of.
Care to explain? He completed the largest rebuild in college basketball history with a title.

I get he has been to the second once since 2020-2021 (which is when they won the title), but so has Kansas.

He's in arguably the toughest conference in college basketball, has less to work with than he would at Kentucky, and performs at a high level, both on the court and in terms of recruiting.

The only thing that would give me some pause is I'm not sure his temperament would be the best fit here given his personality. He's not the larger than life guy that Cal and Pitino are. He's more like Tubby, which he still did great here, but I think he'd get eaten alive if he wasn't putting up results within 3 seasons?

Drew, IMO, should be the second call behind Hurley. I'd rather have him than Donovan due to Donovan being older and not having coached college in almost a decade. Anything other than Hurley, Drew, or Donovan would be a disappointment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Isn't Scott Drew a big time bible thumper?

That doesn't really jive with what Sucky is. They need a scummy con-man at the helm. They are going to get Chris Beard. And they'll like it.
I'm not sure the point you're making?

The AD is also devoutly Christian as well, like Drew. The President of UK is Jewish.
Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-10-2024, 08:45 AM   #96
Perpetual Mediocrity

Drew is a really good coach and massive improvement on Calipari.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-10-2024, 08:49 AM   #97
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
Drew is a really good coach and massive improvement on Calipari.
Drew in 2024 is better than Calipari in 2024, yes.

I don't think a majority of people realize what he's done at Baylor was nothing short of a miracle. He inherited a program that was on probation for his first 7 years as HC, which also included the loss of scholarships for multiple seasons and the inability to play non-conference games for a season.

He recruits at a high level. Not as high as Calipari, who is probably the greatest recruiter of all time, but still very, very well. His teams also are very good offensively and defensively.

I get the criticism that he hasn't made the second weekend that often, but it's ****ing Baylor, and he has been there multiple times and likely would have been in contention for another second weekend or Final Four appearance in 2020.

The only reservation I have is his personality. It's a fishbowl in Lexington with the scrutiny he'd be under. I'm not sure how he'd handle that.

He isn't Dan Hurley, but he's a pretty damn good coach in his own right.
Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-10-2024, 09:01 AM   #98
Supporter

Quote:

Damn. UK is (potentially) back.
He was there for 15 years and only 30 of his guys ****ing graduated? WOW. I don't even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Isn't Scott Drew a big time bible thumper?

That doesn't really jive with what Sucky is. They need a scummy con-man at the helm. They are going to get Chris Beard. And they'll like it.
Man, Chris Beard would be an annoyingly good hire. Unless he's just all the way off the wagon now.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2024, 09:55 AM   #99
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams Fan View Post
Drew in 2024 is better than Calipari in 2024, yes.

I don't think a majority of people realize what he's done at Baylor was nothing short of a miracle. He inherited a program that was on probation for his first 7 years as HC, which also included the loss of scholarships for multiple seasons and the inability to play non-conference games for a season.

He recruits at a high level. Not as high as Calipari, who is probably the greatest recruiter of all time, but still very, very well. His teams also are very good offensively and defensively.

I get the criticism that he hasn't made the second weekend that often, but it's ****ing Baylor, and he has been there multiple times and likely would have been in contention for another second weekend or Final Four appearance in 2020.

The only reservation I have is his personality. It's a fishbowl in Lexington with the scrutiny he'd be under. I'm not sure how he'd handle that.

He isn't Dan Hurley, but he's a pretty damn good coach in his own right.
Tournament is a complete crapshoot, it doesn't matter. He's been a top 5 coach now for at least the past 5 years. Realistically, I don't know that they could do much better (after Hurley says no).
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-10-2024, 10:03 AM   #100
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
Tournament is a complete crapshoot, it doesn't matter. He's been a top 5 coach now for at least the past 5 years. Realistically, I don't know that they could do much better (after Hurley says no).
The tournament is a crapshoot, yes, but it's also largest part in evaluating the season.

Cal wouldn't have had the fanbase turn on him if he won or made the natty in 2022. Instead, he hadn't made the second weekend since 2019, had arguably the worst season in program history, 1 tournament win, and losses to a 14 and 15 seed in the first seed, including with a 2022 team that by all accounts was a top 8 team based off of seeding and the regular season.

If Drew only makes the second weekend once in 5 years in Lexington, with no Final Fours or titles, he's going to be ran out of town. Just like Cal. Just like Tubby, who had weaker regular season teams at the end of his tenure but still made it to the second weekend 6 out of 10 seasons.

And I'm in agreement with you. Hurley is clearly the best candidate they could logically go after and he will likely say no. Drew is the next best and is still a very good coach.
Old 04-10-2024, 10:07 AM   #101
MVP

Quote:
He'd also be stupid not to get UConn to match any offer UK makes, which I assume he will do.
Will they give him a raise from 3 mil to 11+?
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-10-2024, 10:50 AM   #102
Stroking to the SB Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar View Post
Will they give him a raise from 3 mil to 11+?
Hurley is making (with incentives) close to $6MM/YR right now. They'd be crazy not to bump him to around $7.5-8MM. Cal was making around $9MM+
ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2024, 12:03 PM   #103
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown View Post
Hurley is making (with incentives) close to $6MM/YR right now. They'd be crazy not to bump him to around $7.5-8MM. Cal was making around $9MM+
But Kentucky's allegedly starting their offer at 11.
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-10-2024, 12:10 PM   #104
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams Fan View Post
Care to explain? He completed the largest rebuild in college basketball history with a title.

I get he has been to the second once since 2020-2021 (which is when they won the title), but so has Kansas.

He's in arguably the toughest conference in college basketball, has less to work with than he would at Kentucky, and performs at a high level, both on the court and in terms of recruiting.

The only thing that would give me some pause is I'm not sure his temperament would be the best fit here given his personality. He's not the larger than life guy that Cal and Pitino are. He's more like Tubby, which he still did great here, but I think he'd get eaten alive if he wasn't putting up results within 3 seasons?

Drew, IMO, should be the second call behind Hurley. I'd rather have him than Donovan due to Donovan being older and not having coached college in almost a decade. Anything other than Hurley, Drew, or Donovan would be a disappointment.

I'm not sure the point you're making?

The AD is also devoutly Christian as well, like Drew. The President of UK is Jewish.
I didn't say that Drew isn't a solid coach. I said I don't think he's something to be terrified of (Hurley or Wright at Kentucky would be scary). I'm sure his results would be better on average than Calipari's over the last several years, but it's far from a guarantee that he's going to pile up final fours. Or land classes that are close to the average Calipari class.

And yeah, it was a nice rebuild, but it also took him 20 years to reach his first and only final four. Baylor was basically a middling program until 2020.
Old 04-10-2024, 12:11 PM
Pitt Gorilla
This message has been deleted by Pitt Gorilla.
Old 04-10-2024, 12:14 PM   #105
Banned!

Quote:
How does an average margin of victory of over 23 points per game and back-to-back Championships suggest a "complete crapshoot?"
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.