Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2015, 03:48 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?

What are you up to this weekend?

I finally gave up on my smoker and decided to get a new smoker. I went with a bigger model but less tech. Yes, its a cheater electric smoker. My 3rd one. I need more space to cook, I don't need help getting my smoke and temp right.

I've also never used injection for flavor except for pork butt or other big cuts of meat. I decided to give it a try. I developed my own injection. Basically like the other recipes you have out on the internet but I'm putting the rub in the injection and using sirracchi.

Full results not in yet but my son and I think its the best sausage we have ever had.

No sauce. Marinated the meat overnight. Injected the meat. Slow cooked the ribs and chicken. Baste it with a combo of butter and apple juice. Using a combination of Apple, Mesquite, Cherry and Hickory wood.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11539678_10205518593098849_7496287094654554585_n.jpg
Views:	6376
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	110157   Click image for larger version

Name:	11204917_10205518655060398_84193330748835473_n.jpg
Views:	5975
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	110158   Click image for larger version

Name:	11403311_10205518654740390_5737794009802538289_n.jpg
Views:	6375
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	110159   Click image for larger version

Name:	11060263_10205518594938895_5571454432064515726_n.jpg
Views:	6294
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	110160  
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:37 AM   #886
Starter

Wife and I put it together last night. The thing is a tank
ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-09-2018, 06:28 AM   #887
Fight, build, win!

I dont know if its been mentioned here but I saw this sauce on fox4KC morning show and picked up a bottle from Price chopper locally. Its is really good and plenty spicy for me. The owner says the original is the spicier of the two and I really like it.

http://www.danielsbbq.com/
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-09-2018, 05:35 PM   #888
Mod Team

Anyone have any experience with a Green Mountain Smoker unit?

I had a patient raving about how easy and well it worked. Any comparison to the Traeger smoker?
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-09-2018, 06:07 PM   #889
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post

I had a patient raving about how easy and well it worked. Any comparison to the Traeger smoker?
I have no experience with it but have heard great reviews. A forum member I know from an audio forum has the Daniel Boone model I believe for about 5 years now and still going strong. He was the first person I knew to go Pellet.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-09-2018, 06:14 PM   #890
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:

One of my employees has the unit below (I think), he says it's a great smoker.

GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-10-2018, 10:14 AM   #891
Fight, build, win!

For anyone interested Amazon Kindle has The Barbecue Bible 10th add ebook for $1.13. Good info and recipe here I have the print version but ebook is handy.
Old 05-10-2018, 11:25 AM   #892
In Search of a Life

Quote:

In law has one and really seems to like it.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 05-10-2018, 11:43 AM   #893
Dirty Bit

I have 2 GMG smokers. They are legit, very easy to use. Never had a problem with either of them.
RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 05-10-2018, 12:40 PM   #894
You Sweetie!

good job Buzz
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-10-2018, 12:45 PM   #895
Be Kind To Your Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
I dont know if its been mentioned here but I saw this sauce on fox4KC morning show and picked up a bottle from Price chopper locally. Its is really good and plenty spicy for me. The owner says the original is the spicier of the two and I really like it.

I'll have to give this a spin. Thanks!
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-18-2018, 11:15 PM   #896

My last smoker got wiped out by the hurricane. I’m going to buy another electric smoker. Ive been using them for 15+ years. Ive used Bradley’s and Masterbuilts. Pucks, charcoal, feeder tubes, offsets.

Leaning towards this.....
Masterbuilt 20072115 Bluetooth*Smart Digital Electric Smoker, 30-Inch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TJ1OZR0..._nr7.AbHM6RRKG

Which one should I get this time?

Last edited by BigRedChief; 05-18-2018 at 11:22 PM..
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-19-2018, 02:04 AM   #897
EvOlVeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post

the town my mom lives in used to have a daniel's bbq, but it closed down. it wasn't the greatest but it was shit tons better than wyandotte ****ing bbq.
Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 05-19-2018, 02:47 AM   #898
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
My last smoker got wiped out by the hurricane. I’m going to buy another electric smoker. Ive been using them for 15+ years. Ive used Bradley’s and Masterbuilts. Pucks, charcoal, feeder tubes, offsets.

Leaning towards this.....
Masterbuilt 20072115 Bluetooth*Smart Digital Electric Smoker, 30-Inch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TJ1OZR0..._nr7.AbHM6RRKG

Which one should I get this time?
Masterbuilt

Bradley's can be hit/miss. Have you looked into a pellet grill?
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 05-19-2018, 07:25 AM   #899

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
Masterbuilt

Bradley's can be hit/miss. Have you looked into a pellet grill?
I had a Bradley for about 7 years. Worked great for me.I wanted to go to an automatic feed that I could control how long and when to feed the pucks and automatically control my temp, Masterbuilt had that. That one lasted 10 years and was fantastic. So I bought another. Loved it too but it died in a hurricane prematurely.

Great idea to check out the pellet's. Might be looking for something more versatile. However, I already have a really nice outdoor gas grill hooked up directly to the gas line.
Old 05-19-2018, 07:56 AM   #900
Cast Iron Jedi

I got a tri tip at the store this morning. I’ve never cooked one. Should I smoke it or sous vide it? Mainly thinking of sandwiches.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.