Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2015, 03:48 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?

What are you up to this weekend?

I finally gave up on my smoker and decided to get a new smoker. I went with a bigger model but less tech. Yes, its a cheater electric smoker. My 3rd one. I need more space to cook, I don't need help getting my smoke and temp right.

I've also never used injection for flavor except for pork butt or other big cuts of meat. I decided to give it a try. I developed my own injection. Basically like the other recipes you have out on the internet but I'm putting the rub in the injection and using sirracchi.

Full results not in yet but my son and I think its the best sausage we have ever had.

No sauce. Marinated the meat overnight. Injected the meat. Slow cooked the ribs and chicken. Baste it with a combo of butter and apple juice. Using a combination of Apple, Mesquite, Cherry and Hickory wood.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11539678_10205518593098849_7496287094654554585_n.jpg
Views:	6354
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	110157   Click image for larger version

Name:	11204917_10205518655060398_84193330748835473_n.jpg
Views:	5963
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	110158   Click image for larger version

Name:	11403311_10205518654740390_5737794009802538289_n.jpg
Views:	6357
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	110159   Click image for larger version

Name:	11060263_10205518594938895_5571454432064515726_n.jpg
Views:	6279
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	110160  
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2016, 08:33 PM   #196
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan View Post
Electric smokers are shit

Amateur hour for sure.
LOL, I have seven grills and smokers, I'm fine with electric.. I drive a car too, it's better than a bike...
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2016, 08:34 PM   #197
Fight, build, win!

I hope the 55 gal drum barrel is just made to look like one only and is a heavy gauge steel though its porcelain paint heat takes a toll. I notice they sell replacement drums so I wonder. Anyone who has been around a farm or construction site or have made barrel smokers know the bottoms burn out quickly. Its pretty easy to maintain heat over 300 on a WSM if you want to and ribs on a meat hook I would be scared they would drop into the coals unless your drying them out at to high a temp. If this is a beefier drum I would be interested but if its a jazzed up regular 55 gallon drum no thanks.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2016, 08:57 PM   #198
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
Ever used a PBC? I love mine.

I've read up on them & my fear would be the meat falling off the ribs into the charcoal. I love fall off the bone ribs but can you have that with the PBC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2016, 09:17 PM   #199
In Search of a Life

You really don't want your meat falling off the bone, because that means you overcooked them.

Shouldn't be an issue.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-11-2016, 09:23 PM   #200
Constable of Untruths

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
I hope the 55 gal drum barrel is just made to look like one only and is a heavy gauge steel though its porcelain paint heat takes a toll. I notice they sell replacement drums so I wonder. Anyone who has been around a farm or construction site or have made barrel smokers know the bottoms burn out quickly. Its pretty easy to maintain heat over 300 on a WSM if you want to and ribs on a meat hook I would be scared they would drop into the coals unless your drying them out at to high a temp. If this is a beefier drum I would be interested but if its a jazzed up regular 55 gallon drum no thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefs1 View Post
I've read up on them & my fear would be the meat falling off the ribs into the charcoal. I love fall off the bone ribs but can you have that with the PBC?
You would normally pull the ribs off of the hook, wrap them in foil, and place them on the grate to finish the cook. Having them fall of the hooks shouldn't be an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
You really don't want your meat falling off the bone, because that means you overcooked them.

Shouldn't be an issue.
Also, this.
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:00 AM   #201
Baba Ganoush

Wouldn't the juices from the meat dripping on the coals fluctuate the temperature?

In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:07 AM   #202
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inmem58 View Post
Wouldn't the juices from the meat dripping on the coals fluctuate the temperature?

Nope. That's how it's supposed to work when using charcoal only. The drips light and cause smoke. But no, temp stays very steady.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:46 AM   #203
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
Nope. That's how it's supposed to work when using charcoal only. The drips light and cause smoke. But no, temp stays very steady.
Right on, wasn't too sure how that worked out for you. Have you smoked a pork belly? I was thinking about picking up a pork belly and curing it. It would be my first time. Any advice?

Also, do you have to have pink salt? Is that a must need ingredient?
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:57 AM   #204
MVP

Not trying to be controversial here, but do you really want lots of essentially grease causing your smoke? I don't think so. I wouldn't want the fire to be caused by dripping fat. On a grill it's a different animal, because the steaks are just flamed "kissed", but when smoking for several hours, I would rather have wood smoke than liquified fat smoke.
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2016, 10:02 AM   #205
MVP

From Grillbeast.com

Lesson 5: Cook Over Indirect Heat

When you're doing a short, fast cook, drippings falling onto the embers below can add extra flavor to items like steak, chicken pieces, and seafood. However, direct cooking is not something you want to do for long cooks. The meat juices and fat drippings will cool the embers over time, as well as produce a bitter, dirty smoke. Therefore, you want to keep big cuts of meat away from the flames while maintaining a temperature of about 225ºF.

Sayin....
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2016, 10:12 AM   #206
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooge View Post
From Grillbeast.com

When you're doing a short, fast cook, drippings falling onto the embers below can add extra flavor to items like steak, chicken pieces, and seafood. However, direct cooking is not something you want to do for long cooks. The meat juices and fat drippings will cool the embers over time, as well as produce a bitter, dirty smoke. Therefore, you want to keep big cuts of meat away from the flames while maintaining a temperature of about 225ºF.

Sayin....

That's what I was thinking. Drippings on hot embers does create a funny smell, didn't think about that. If FMB likes his product and doesn't have any issues with it, I'd take his word for it.
Old 07-12-2016, 10:15 AM   #207
MVP

Quote:
Not trying to be controversial here, but do you really want lots of essentially grease causing your smoke? I don't think so. I wouldn't want the fire to be caused by dripping fat. On a grill it's a different animal, because the steaks are just flamed "kissed", but when smoking for several hours, I would rather have wood smoke than liquified fat smoke.
Quote:
From Grillbeast.com

Sayin....
I agree with you, tooge. Admire your chutzpah, as well.

There are like carcinogens and junk in the grease-fire smoke. I don't care for carcinogens and junk.

Dinny
Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-12-2016, 10:37 AM   #208
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinny Blues View Post
I agree with you, tooge. Admire your chutzpah, as well.

There are like carcinogens and junk in the grease-fire smoke. I don't care for carcinogens and junk.

Dinny
How asinine since red meat causes cancer.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:05 AM   #209
Cast Iron Jedi

Traveling for work today. Will reply tonight at the hotel.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:37 AM   #210
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inmem58 View Post
How asinine since red meat causes cancer.
Don't blame me, tooge started it.

Dinny
Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.