Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2015, 03:48 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?

What are you up to this weekend?

I finally gave up on my smoker and decided to get a new smoker. I went with a bigger model but less tech. Yes, its a cheater electric smoker. My 3rd one. I need more space to cook, I don't need help getting my smoke and temp right.

I've also never used injection for flavor except for pork butt or other big cuts of meat. I decided to give it a try. I developed my own injection. Basically like the other recipes you have out on the internet but I'm putting the rub in the injection and using sirracchi.

Full results not in yet but my son and I think its the best sausage we have ever had.

No sauce. Marinated the meat overnight. Injected the meat. Slow cooked the ribs and chicken. Baste it with a combo of butter and apple juice. Using a combination of Apple, Mesquite, Cherry and Hickory wood.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11539678_10205518593098849_7496287094654554585_n.jpg
Views:	6381
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	110157   Click image for larger version

Name:	11204917_10205518655060398_84193330748835473_n.jpg
Views:	5982
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	110158   Click image for larger version

Name:	11403311_10205518654740390_5737794009802538289_n.jpg
Views:	6377
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	110159   Click image for larger version

Name:	11060263_10205518594938895_5571454432064515726_n.jpg
Views:	6305
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	110160  
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:06 PM   #181
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inmem58 View Post
You're better off with a WSM.

Ever used a PBC? I love mine.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:11 PM   #182
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
Ever used a PBC? I love mine.
My cousin has one, they're okay. I just don't like the fact of piercing the meat as it cooks.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:16 PM   #183
In Search of a Life

I'll take the time to recommend an Akorn if you're looking for a good affordable basic smoker
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:16 PM   #184
Cast Iron Jedi

What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?

Quote:
My cousin has one, they're okay. I just don't like the fact of piercing the meat as it cooks.

The key to better flavor is not using 100% charcoal like they say. I use about 40% wood chunks and get very good results. Better than my electric, better than the old propane, and more consistent than the old stick burner I used to have.

You don't have to hook it. But I can tell any moisture difference in the stuff I've hung vs. the stuff I've put on the grate.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:19 PM   #185
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Yes I have to. That cord on the machine is short.
I dont know this is the case or not but I know some electric heating elements dont like extensions. I dont know how long your cord is but I would use the shortest run possible with a good heavy gauge extension. Also the outlet is it on a 15 or 20 amp fuse? Usually anything coming from the kitchen is on a 20 amp. All of these things could affect the elements ability to get up to temp. I know people who love the Bradley smokers and love them but do complain of not getting to temp in cold weather. In Arizona that thing should rock and roll.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:27 PM   #186
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
The key to better flavor is not using 100% charcoal like they say. I use about 40% wood chunks and get very good results. Better than my electric, better than the old propane, and more consistent than the old stick burner I used to have.

You don't have to hook it. But I can tell any moisture difference in the stuff I've hung vs. the stuff I've put on the grate.
Same here, I use the minion method for my WSM and I can easily add more wood if needed, very hassle free. I will have to admit, before dropping $400 on mine I did some serious research. The Treagers are a complete waste of money. One big perk that most people had to say about the WSM, is that it's made by the most reputable barbecuing companies. I like the two grate feature, you can really pack on the meat if you're having a big party. I'm might try a turkey this Thanksgiving.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:33 PM   #187
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Same here, I use the minion method for my WSM and I can easily add more wood if needed, very hassle free. I will have to admit, before dropping $400 on mine I did some serious research. The Treagers are a complete waste of money. One big perk that most people had to say about the WSM, is that it's made by the most reputable barbecuing companies. I like the two grate feature, you can really pack on the meat if you're having a big party. I'm might try a turkey this Thanksgiving.

I did tons of research, too. Ended up between the WSM and the PBC. While conventional wisdom would have put me with the WSM, I went PBC and don't regret it.

I have a Weber kettle, and it's great. I wouldn't have been wrong to go with the WSM. But something drew me to the PBC. It's also made in the USA, and their support reputation is stellar. Supposedly the non toll-free number on the emblem goes straight to the president of the company, any time of day.

And I'll tell you, the fact I can do a brisket or pulled pork in 6 hours instead of 14 is awesome.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:37 PM   #188
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
And I'll tell you, the fact I can do a brisket or pulled pork in 6 hours instead of 14 is awesome.
How is this possible? Usually the preferred way to smoke a pork butt is 1.5 hours per lb at about 225-250.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:41 PM   #189
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
How is this possible? Usually the preferred way to smoke a pork butt is 1.5 hours per lb at about 225-250.

The PBC cooks around 300 (310 if I use 40% wood chunks).

Lots of pitmasters use hot and fast (300+). Not much evidence that you need low and slow. There was a discussion on this earlier in the thread of you care to look back.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:45 PM   #190
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
The PBC cooks around 300 (310 if I use 40% wood chunks).

Lots of pitmasters use hot and fast (300+). Not much evidence that you need low and slow. There was a discussion on this earlier in the thread of you care to look back.
Yes, I'll go look back. I have an 8 lb bone-in pork butt I'm needing to smoke, but dreading the long hours.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:51 PM   #191
Baba Ganoush

Ya learn something new everyday.

http://www.patiodaddiobbq.com/2012/0...-pork.html?m=1
Old 07-11-2016, 07:34 PM   #192
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
I dont know this is the case or not but I know some electric heating elements dont like extensions. I dont know how long your cord is but I would use the shortest run possible with a good heavy gauge extension. Also the outlet is it on a 15 or 20 amp fuse? Usually anything coming from the kitchen is on a 20 amp. All of these things could affect the elements ability to get up to temp. I know people who love the Bradley smokers and love them but do complain of not getting to temp in cold weather. In Arizona that thing should rock and roll.
I had an entry level Bradley in Lees Summit Mo. I had no issues keeping the temp up even when there was snow on the ground.

I've never used an extension cord to run any of my smokers.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:52 PM   #193
Seeking the Truth daily

Electric smokers are shit

Amateur hour for sure.
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:54 PM   #194
In Search of a Life

Okay thank you for your dripping hot take.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:55 PM   #195
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan View Post
Electric smokers are shit

Amateur hour for sure.
Thanks for sharing your takes and providing what you like to use.

You really are a worthless ****. Get back in your hole.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.