Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 07-03-2015, 03:48 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?

What are you up to this weekend?

I finally gave up on my smoker and decided to get a new smoker. I went with a bigger model but less tech. Yes, its a cheater electric smoker. My 3rd one. I need more space to cook, I don't need help getting my smoke and temp right.

I've also never used injection for flavor except for pork butt or other big cuts of meat. I decided to give it a try. I developed my own injection. Basically like the other recipes you have out on the internet but I'm putting the rub in the injection and using sirracchi.

Full results not in yet but my son and I think its the best sausage we have ever had.

No sauce. Marinated the meat overnight. Injected the meat. Slow cooked the ribs and chicken. Baste it with a combo of butter and apple juice. Using a combination of Apple, Mesquite, Cherry and Hickory wood.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11539678_10205518593098849_7496287094654554585_n.jpg
Views:	6315
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	110157   Click image for larger version

Name:	11204917_10205518655060398_84193330748835473_n.jpg
Views:	5932
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	110158   Click image for larger version

Name:	11403311_10205518654740390_5737794009802538289_n.jpg
Views:	6328
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	110159   Click image for larger version

Name:	11060263_10205518594938895_5571454432064515726_n.jpg
Views:	6251
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	110160  
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2016, 04:12 PM   #166
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
There is a lot of discussion in this thread about different brands and price points. I think the electric smokers in the $300-$600 range are basically the same between companies. You get what you pay for.

The <$300 and >$600 smokers you will find a wide and varied opinions. There are links in here to electric smoker forums that are full of guys that take using an electric smoker as an art form. But just get their information and opinions. They was way too serious.

Most of us in here are your typical backyard smokers. Probably have better advice for the smoking noob.

Also this thread:
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=288763

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2016, 04:17 PM   #167
I’m a Mahomo!

I like the looks of this one.

KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2016, 04:45 PM   #168
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefs1 View Post
I like the looks of this one.

Neighbor has one like it (sans the Jim Beam logo), and he's giddy with it.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2016, 05:31 PM   #169
Mod Team

**** Bradley Smokers with all my heart.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2016, 01:56 PM   #170
Spiraling down the Drain

First home grown sweet corn on target for harvest starting Friday. Can't wait for grilling
BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2016, 02:05 PM   #171
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
**** Bradley Smokers with all my heart.
May I ask why?
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2016, 03:49 PM   #172
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptlyon View Post
May I ask why?
Got one, two years ago. It's been used maybe 8 times. No longer heats past 200 degrees for 2-3 hours even in the 100+ degree Phoenix temps. Last time I had it turned to high heat, mid day at 100 degrees and it never broke 225 degrees and took 4 hours to get there. The bottom framing and door are cracked and it not longer seals. The door hinge snapped off so the door sometimes falls off when I close it.

Bradley won't replace any of that and expects me to pay close to $100 in replacement parts to fix it.

It's a hunk of shit.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2016, 04:02 PM   #173
MVP

Quote:
Got one, two years ago. It's been used maybe 8 times. No longer heats past 200 degrees for 2-3 hours even in the 100+ degree Phoenix temps. Last time I had it turned to high heat, mid day at 100 degrees and it never broke 225 degrees and took 4 hours to get there. The bottom framing and door are cracked and it not longer seals. The door hinge snapped off so the door sometimes falls off when I close it.

Bradley won't replace any of that and expects me to pay close to $100 in replacement parts to fix it.

It's a hunk of shit.
Other than that, lew, was the Q good the maybe 8 times or so?

I guess I'm just the kinda sovonabitch that is always searching for the silver lining. Which probably would have made a nice gasket for the door before it fell off.

Dinny
Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-11-2016, 04:05 PM   #174
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinny Blues View Post
Other than that, lew, was the Q good the maybe 8 times or so?

I guess I'm just the kinda sovonabitch that is always searching for the silver lining. Which probably would have made a nice gasket for the door before it fell off.

Dinny
Nothing better than what I can do on the charcoal smoker, it's just that I was hoping this would require less work. At this point, it's causing more work since the temperature takes forever to get to 200 and the door won't close/seal.
Old 07-11-2016, 04:15 PM   #175
MVP

Quote:
Nothing better than what I can do on the charcoal smoker, it's just that I was hoping this would require less work. At this point, it's causing more work since the temperature takes forever to get to 200 and the door won't close/seal.
Next time get the large WSM. I get perfect Q every time, all the time with mine. Fire management is the key. WSM makes it easy.

Dinny
Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-11-2016, 04:23 PM   #176
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinny Blues View Post
Next time get the large WSM. I get perfect Q every time, all the time with mine. Fire management is the key. WSM makes it easy.

Dinny
I have heard great things about them. I have a charcoal smoker, although not that nice. I was wanting a good electric for when I want to be lazy.
Old 07-11-2016, 04:24 PM   #177
Cast Iron Jedi

PitBarrelCooker.com
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2016, 05:57 PM   #178
Fight, build, win!

Quote:

It's a hunk of shit.
Do you use an extension cord Lew?
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:02 PM   #179
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
PitBarrelCooker.com
You're better off with a WSM.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:06 PM   #180
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Do you use an extension cord Lew?
Yes I have to. That cord on the machine is short.