Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 07-03-2015, 03:48 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?

What are you up to this weekend?

I finally gave up on my smoker and decided to get a new smoker. I went with a bigger model but less tech. Yes, its a cheater electric smoker. My 3rd one. I need more space to cook, I don't need help getting my smoke and temp right.

I've also never used injection for flavor except for pork butt or other big cuts of meat. I decided to give it a try. I developed my own injection. Basically like the other recipes you have out on the internet but I'm putting the rub in the injection and using sirracchi.

Full results not in yet but my son and I think its the best sausage we have ever had.

No sauce. Marinated the meat overnight. Injected the meat. Slow cooked the ribs and chicken. Baste it with a combo of butter and apple juice. Using a combination of Apple, Mesquite, Cherry and Hickory wood.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11539678_10205518593098849_7496287094654554585_n.jpg
Views:	6153
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	110157   Click image for larger version

Name:	11204917_10205518655060398_84193330748835473_n.jpg
Views:	5767
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	110158   Click image for larger version

Name:	11403311_10205518654740390_5737794009802538289_n.jpg
Views:	6162
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	110159   Click image for larger version

Name:	11060263_10205518594938895_5571454432064515726_n.jpg
Views:	6091
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	110160  
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2016, 05:17 PM   #151
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Glad to have you back Inmem.

You add a lot to the cooking/food threads.
Back in the game brotha.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2016, 05:17 PM   #152
Cast Iron Jedi

What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
Thanks, FMB. Looks like a real simple system for a very affordable price. I'm probably going to order one.

I've really liked it. Good luck.

One note: using just charcoal gives you good results; but to me, it tastes grilled, not smoked. You get the fat and juice vaporizing on the coals and that's just the flavor. It's good, but not the same. The 60:40 charcoal:wood smoke I did was the best yet. Good, deep, smoky flavor, and the temp stayed around 310. I do have the air vent choked all the way down to help bring the temp down.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2016, 05:26 PM   #153
Constable of Untruths

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
I've really liked it. Good luck.

One note: using just charcoal gives you good results; but to me, it tastes grilled, not smoked. You get the fat and juice vaporizing on the coals and that's just the flavor. It's good, but not the same. The 60:40 charcoal:wood smoke I did was the best yet. Good, deep, smoky flavor, and the temp stayed around 310. I do have the air vent choked all the way down to help bring the temp down.
I might PM you if I have any questions after I receive my PBC and start to mess around with it. Hope you don't mind.
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2016, 05:27 PM   #154
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
I might PM you if I have any questions after I receive my PBC and start to mess around with it. Hope you don't mind.

Not at all.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2016, 06:04 PM   #155
I’m a Mahomo!

I wish I knew how to grill/smoke like you guys do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2016, 06:06 PM   #156
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefs1 View Post
I wish I knew how to grill/smoke like you guys do.

Start cooking. Practice. No one got good by ordering takeout.
Old 07-09-2016, 06:17 PM   #157
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Start cooking. Practice. No one got good by ordering takeout.

What's good to practice on?
I'd love to eat ribs & brisket but I'm afraid I'd ruin them.

KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2016, 06:21 PM   #158
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
What's good to practice on?
I'd love to eat ribs & brisket but I'm afraid I'd ruin them.

Ribs are easier.

Pork butt is extremely forgiving. I started there.
Old 07-09-2016, 06:29 PM   #159
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Ribs are easier.

Pork butt is extremely forgiving. I started there.

I have a gas grill. Should I get a smoker?

Old 07-09-2016, 06:54 PM   #160
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
I have a gas grill. Should I get a smoker?

It can be done on a gas grill, but if smoking is something you want to get into, get a real smoker.
Old 07-09-2016, 09:41 PM   #161
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
It can be done on a gas grill, but if smoking is something you want to get into, get a real smoker.

Any recommendations?
Old 07-09-2016, 10:01 PM   #162
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Did a turkey breast on the smoker. The younger son is getting interested in it, and that's very cool.

Last edited by GloryDayz; 07-09-2016 at 10:06 PM..
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2016, 10:01 PM   #163

Quote:
Yes, upright. Meat hangs above the coals and wood.

www.pitbarrelcooker.com
That looks interesting.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2016, 10:09 PM   #164

Quote:
Any recommendations?
There is a lot of discussion in this thread about different brands and price points. I think the electric smokers in the $300-$600 range are basically the same between companies. You get what you pay for.

The <$300 and >$600 smokers you will find a wide and varied opinions. There are links in here to electric smoker forums that are full of guys that take using an electric smoker as an art form. But just get their information and opinions. They was way too serious.

Most of us in here are your typical backyard smokers. Probably have better advice for the smoking noob.

Also this thread:
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=288763

Last edited by BigRedChief; 07-09-2016 at 10:16 PM..
Old 07-10-2016, 12:40 PM   #165
I got Rice cookin in the micro

Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.