Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 07-03-2015, 03:48 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?

What are you up to this weekend?

I finally gave up on my smoker and decided to get a new smoker. I went with a bigger model but less tech. Yes, its a cheater electric smoker. My 3rd one. I need more space to cook, I don't need help getting my smoke and temp right.

I've also never used injection for flavor except for pork butt or other big cuts of meat. I decided to give it a try. I developed my own injection. Basically like the other recipes you have out on the internet but I'm putting the rub in the injection and using sirracchi.

Full results not in yet but my son and I think its the best sausage we have ever had.

No sauce. Marinated the meat overnight. Injected the meat. Slow cooked the ribs and chicken. Baste it with a combo of butter and apple juice. Using a combination of Apple, Mesquite, Cherry and Hickory wood.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11539678_10205518593098849_7496287094654554585_n.jpg
Views:	6152
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	110157   Click image for larger version

Name:	11204917_10205518655060398_84193330748835473_n.jpg
Views:	5767
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	110158   Click image for larger version

Name:	11403311_10205518654740390_5737794009802538289_n.jpg
Views:	6162
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	110159   Click image for larger version

Name:	11060263_10205518594938895_5571454432064515726_n.jpg
Views:	6091
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	110160  
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2016, 04:01 PM   #136
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inmem58 View Post
About to slap these baby backs on my WSM.

Get that kid out there to help you!!!
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2016, 04:01 PM   #137
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer View Post
Nice, you need to buy a real grill though

WSM is a Weber Smoky Mountain. The king of bullet smokers.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2016, 04:01 PM   #138
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
This is a smoker.

Nevermind Hog Farmer. If it doesn't have jizz on it, he gets confused.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2016, 04:05 PM   #139
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
WSM is a Weber Smoky Mountain. The king of bullet smokers.
Correct, it's the best thing I've ever purchased when it comes to smoking.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2016, 04:09 PM   #140
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:

I'm really, really digging my Pit Barrel Cooker.
Old 07-09-2016, 04:14 PM   #141
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Is it like a drum?
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2016, 04:15 PM   #142
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Is it like a drum?

Yes, upright. Meat hangs above the coals and wood.

www.pitbarrelcooker.com
Old 07-09-2016, 04:17 PM   #143
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Heh, OK, Looks like junk ! My bad.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2016, 04:18 PM   #144
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Nevermind Hog Farmer. If it doesn't have jizz on it, he gets confused.
If you look at the "smoker" real close you can see jizz on it.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2016, 04:20 PM   #145
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
If you look at the "smoker" real close you can see jizz on it.

LOL
Old 07-09-2016, 04:32 PM   #146
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Heh, OK, Looks like junk ! My bad.
You're drunk.
Old 07-09-2016, 04:37 PM   #147
Mod Team

Glad to have you back Inmem.

You add a lot to the cooking/food threads.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2016, 05:04 PM   #148
Constable of Untruths

Quote:
Have you had to add charcoal and wood during a long smoke on your PBC? If so, how difficult is it? I didn't see an access door in any of the videos I've watched.

I'm seriously considering buying one and selling my large Yoder offset smoker. It's just too damn big to move around and takes up a lot of room on my patio.
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2016, 05:09 PM   #149
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
Have you had to add charcoal and wood during a long smoke on your PBC? If so, how difficult is it? I didn't see an access door in any of the videos I've watched.

I'm seriously considering buying one and selling my large Yoder offset smoker. It's just too damn big to move around and takes up a lot of room on my patio.

No. Longest smoke so far has been 6 hours. That was probably my second or third smoke, and that one kept an air probe in it the entire time - held steady between 305 and 314.

They say a full load of charcoal will burn for 8 hours. They don't recommend using wood at all, but I've worked my way to about 60:40 charcoal to wood, and the results have been great. Obviously, that will raise the temp some.

Since you're cooking hotter and faster, nothing you'd typically smoke would take more than 8 hours.
Old 07-09-2016, 05:14 PM   #150
Constable of Untruths

Quote:
No. Longest smoke so far has been 6 hours. That was probably my second or third smoke, and that one kept an air probe in it the entire time - held steady between 305 and 314.

They say a full load of charcoal will burn for 8 hours. They don't recommend using wood at all, but I've worked my way to about 60:40 charcoal to wood, and the results have been great. Obviously, that will raise the temp some.

Since you're cooking hotter and faster, nothing you'd typically smoke would take more than 8 hours.
Thanks, FMB. Looks like a real simple system for a very affordable price. I'm probably going to order one.
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.