Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-17-2015, 01:29 PM  
GBM 8-12-15

Covers you like better than the original.

I don't remember if we've done this before, but if we have, bite me.

Manfred Mann: Blinded by the light

Bruce Springsteen:
BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-26-2015, 06:03 AM   #211
Bolton gonna knock you out

Killin me Softly bad ass cover.
Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-26-2015, 06:56 AM   #212
ON CP YOU’RE SOMEBODY’S BITCH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saccopoo View Post
Turn it up!

I love both versions... this one and that one by Nancy Sinatra and Lee Hazelwood. I named my youngest daughter, Phaedra....got that name from this song.
rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-26-2015, 06:58 AM   #213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaepernick View Post
/thread
rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:04 AM   #214
Damnit Peg

MUCH better than...
Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:04 AM
rico
This message has been deleted by rico.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:08 AM   #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Hurt, Nine Inch Nails.

Sorry Johnny Cash.

I HATE the fact that Johnny Cash covered that song!!! HATE IT, HATE IT, HATE IT!!!! In a way, him covering that song has ruined that awesome NIN song for me... and it all has to do with how people responded to his version compared to Trent's and people thinking NIN covered it!!! Even when I hear Trent's version now, I catch myself thinking about how much the cover pisses me off. And I wouldn't mind the cover if I didn't feel NIN's version was disrespected as a result of it/mixed up as being the cover itself.... I mean, hell....it was a HUGE pat on the back for Trent, from Johnny that he wanted to cover that song...who would have guessed Johnny Cash was merely familiar with NIN tunes?!?!?!
Old 09-26-2015, 08:22 AM   #216
Bolton gonna knock you out

Last one, another Radiohead cover. Climbing the Walls. The video is pretty crazy, and the music is dark. Such a good song.
Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-26-2015, 10:36 AM   #217
Kindness in words...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post

MUCH better than...
Q...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...8&postcount=80

And you are missing the best cover of that song...which is Flunk's version.
Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-26-2015, 11:03 AM   #218
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rico View Post
I HATE the fact that Johnny Cash covered that song!!! HATE IT, HATE IT, HATE IT!!!! In a way, him covering that song has ruined that awesome NIN song for me... and it all has to do with how people responded to his version compared to Trent's and people thinking NIN covered it!!! Even when I hear Trent's version now, I catch myself thinking about how much the cover pisses me off. And I wouldn't mind the cover if I didn't feel NIN's version was disrespected as a result of it/mixed up as being the cover itself.... I mean, hell....it was a HUGE pat on the back for Trent, from Johnny that he wanted to cover that song...who would have guessed Johnny Cash was merely familiar with NIN tunes?!?!?!
Really like NIN and not much of a Johnny Cash fan but his cover is really damn good as is the original. Hardly ruined the song for me and just amused when people don't realized the source. Similar amusement from Reznor being an Academy Award winner.
Miles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 09-26-2015, 11:11 AM   #219
In Search of a Life

This is the one that always comes to mind for me:

suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-26-2015, 11:12 AM   #220
MVP

Had forgotten how great the video of Cash's cover was and the lyrics working so well for a guy knowing he was on his final days reflecting back.

Miles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 09-26-2015, 11:22 AM   #221
MVP

Youtube lead me to this version with Bowie that is pretty cool

Old 09-26-2015, 11:44 AM   #222
Fight, build, win!

Dolly penned this song as a farewell to Porter Wagoner and The Grand Ole Opry.

Whitney took it to another level with her voice but never once gave Dolly credit for a wonderfully written song.

My favorite other then Dolly's original

srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-26-2015, 12:00 PM   #223
Fight, build, win!

Keith Richards pays tribute to Gram Parsons classic.

Tuttles do it proud here.

srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-26-2015, 01:40 PM   #224
Niner Trash

I would never think a cover of Layla would beat the original, and it doesn't. But I like Clapton's unplugged version of Layla just as much as the original, which is weird because it has no power.

The original Layla, Clapton slits his wrists and bleeds all over the song sheet.

The unplugged version is completely at peace.

What a dichotomy, yet I like them equally. Just... strange.
Kaepernick Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Kaepernick Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Kaepernick Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Kaepernick Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Kaepernick Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Kaepernick Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Kaepernick Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Kaepernick Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Kaepernick Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Kaepernick Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Kaepernick Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-26-2015, 01:51 PM   #225
Kindness in words...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaepernick View Post
I would never think a cover of Layla would beat the original, and it doesn't. But I like Clapton's unplugged version of Layla just as much as the original, which is weird because it has no power.

The original Layla, Clapton slits his wrists and bleeds all over the song sheet.

The unplugged version is completely at peace.

What a dichotomy, yet I like them equally. Just... strange.
I was listening to an NPR interview with Margo Timmins of the Cowboy Junkies and they do their hit "Misguided Angel" completely different than how it was originally recorded based on just her perceptions of the situation as presented in the song and how time would have changed those perceptions. It went from love to regret and it's a terrific re-interpretation of the original by the same artist.

Also, artists will change how they do songs a lot based on how someone has covered their original. Go listen to the "Crazy In Love" cover that I posted by Antony and the Johnsons and then go listen to how Beyonce re-did her original for the movie "50 Shades of Grey." She basically covered the cover.
Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.