Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2015, 03:48 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?

What are you up to this weekend?

I finally gave up on my smoker and decided to get a new smoker. I went with a bigger model but less tech. Yes, its a cheater electric smoker. My 3rd one. I need more space to cook, I don't need help getting my smoke and temp right.

I've also never used injection for flavor except for pork butt or other big cuts of meat. I decided to give it a try. I developed my own injection. Basically like the other recipes you have out on the internet but I'm putting the rub in the injection and using sirracchi.

Full results not in yet but my son and I think its the best sausage we have ever had.

No sauce. Marinated the meat overnight. Injected the meat. Slow cooked the ribs and chicken. Baste it with a combo of butter and apple juice. Using a combination of Apple, Mesquite, Cherry and Hickory wood.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11539678_10205518593098849_7496287094654554585_n.jpg
Views:	6602
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	110157   Click image for larger version

Name:	11204917_10205518655060398_84193330748835473_n.jpg
Views:	6170
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	110158   Click image for larger version

Name:	11403311_10205518654740390_5737794009802538289_n.jpg
Views:	6562
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	110159   Click image for larger version

Name:	11060263_10205518594938895_5571454432064515726_n.jpg
Views:	6472
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	110160  
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-21-2018, 07:16 AM   #1306
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Buzz found it for me in the dinner thread. It's www.spiceology.co
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-21-2018, 07:45 AM   #1307
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
Buzz found it for me in the dinner thread. It's www.spiceology.co
Just trying to help a brother out. Real cool idea!
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-21-2018, 08:15 AM   #1308
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Just trying to help a brother out. Real cool idea!

Yep, just not what I was looking for, but thanks!
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-21-2018, 08:18 AM   #1309
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

By means of an update, the two pork butts turned out perfectly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-25-2018, 03:54 PM   #1310
Mostly Ignored

Was it KCUnited that made the smoked meatballs?

I'm looking for a decent recipe. I made some, and the smoke added a nice flavor, but the recipe was pretty bland.
TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-25-2018, 03:56 PM   #1311
Cast Iron Jedi

Mother bought me a 36” Blackstone outdoor griddle for my 40th on Saturday. So we’ll be firing up some backyard hibachi! Steak and scallops, hibachi veg, and fried rice. And yum yum sauce.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:01 PM   #1312
MVP

Smoking (low), sous vide, and then searing a 2lb porterhouse.

I have not done this technique with a big steak but after doing so with a tri-tip, I am going to take a chance. The tri tip was sliced thin for sammies and was fantastic.
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:07 PM   #1313
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBone View Post
Was it KCUnited that made the smoked meatballs?

I'm looking for a decent recipe. I made some, and the smoke added a nice flavor, but the recipe was pretty bland.
That was me that posted them recently. Man, our meatballs are my wife's creation. I'll ask her the details but I know her key ingredient is the homemade gravy, but you could use any gravy that you think is good. We like a more savory, less sweet gravy than most of the gravy available to us commercially so we make it. The rest I believe is 75/25 ground beef/pork, bread crumbs, the gravy, parm, and oregano. I'll find out for sure though, but I know the key is the gravy.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:09 PM   #1314
MVP

Quote:
Mother bought me a 36” Blackstone outdoor griddle for my 40th on Saturday. So we’ll be firing up some backyard hibachi! Steak and scallops, hibachi veg, and fried rice. And yum yum sauce.
I used to have one ( a plate steel flat-top) in my old house's outdoor kitchen. It wasn't beautiful but it was functional. Once you use one they are addictive.

I bought it at a used equipment place in the West Bottoms. I bought a cast iron waffle iron at the same time. I was like 7 floors of restaurant equipment.
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:09 PM   #1315
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I've tried to re-create the good yellow sauce like the restaurant and no dice yet!
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:13 PM   #1316
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
I've tried to re-create the good yellow sauce like the restaurant and no dice yet!

I’m gonna try this: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/205616/yum-yum-sauce/
Old 07-25-2018, 04:18 PM   #1317
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Hm interesting.

Next time I try hibachi, was looking at trying this one. http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/...#activity-feed
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:27 PM   #1318
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
You can purchase this at most grocers. I believe Amazon carries it as well.

Of course, nothing beats homemade though.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:56 PM   #1319
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
That was me that posted them recently. Man, our meatballs are my wife's creation. I'll ask her the details but I know her key ingredient is the homemade gravy, but you could use any gravy that you think is good. We like a more savory, less sweet gravy than most of the gravy available to us commercially so we make it. The rest I believe is 75/25 ground beef/pork, bread crumbs, the gravy, parm, and oregano. I'll find out for sure though, but I know the key is the gravy.
I've never found any commercial gravy I like
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-25-2018, 05:33 PM   #1320
Mostly Ignored

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Thanks, man. If it's too much of a hassle to get the details, I can surf the web for one. Definitely looking to change it up, though.
TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.