Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2024, 08:47 PM   #13966
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
I've had a lot of **** ups in the options market but today I finally settled for tripling my money with AMZN call options that I bought yesterday and sold today as it closed in on it's high. I usually get greedy and not only lose all my profit but my original investment.

Had 25 of the $182.50 calls that expire this Friday with a cost basis of $76.63 (.76) and sold for $247 (2.47)

Tomorrow there could be a big move after the jobs report at 8:30am Eastern time.

Looking at the QQQ options.

Bought some more BDN REIT for dividends. Over 15% yield. Dividend was recently cut so I think it's safe for the short term.
That's a nice looking profit on that AMZN option. Good job.

What I notice about trading options is that I will day trade/scalp options for 10-20% gains when the market is choppy. Sometimes this is a buy and sell that only takes 5-10 minutes. If there's good direction or better setups, I will swing them a few days out. I did a META call on Wednesday near close and sold this morning for a 200% profit. I sat out the rest of today and I am glad I did.

I have a CVX option that I have held for a week that's up 66%, I sold 50% for profit and will hold the rest longer than most with oil pumping.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 09:18 PM   #13967
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Today was sure a swing. I took a look this morning and we were up notably, and then I looked at the end of the day and the village was smoking ruins with bodies strewn in the street.
The day certainly started out fun.
UteChief has disabled reputation
Old 04-04-2024, 09:18 PM   #13968
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydogg58 View Post
WTF happened?
The Fed governors all spoke in concurrent times from around noon and all put the kibosh on lowering interest rates. Right about the same time they began selling off the market, the Israeli / Iran conflict ratched up big time and the market shit the bed.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2024, 09:59 PM   #13969
Supporter

Quote:
The Fed governors all spoke in concurrent times from around noon and all put the kibosh on lowering interest rates. Right about the same time they began selling off the market, the Israeli / Iran conflict ratched up big time and the market shit the bed.
Are they shitcanning rate cuts until late summer or are they just shitcanning rate cuts all together?

I better check out the Israel Iran shit. That could get serious.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2024, 10:20 PM   #13970
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
That's a nice looking profit on that AMZN option. Good job.

What I notice about trading options is that I will day trade/scalp options for 10-20% gains when the market is choppy. Sometimes this is a buy and sell that only takes 5-10 minutes. If there's good direction or better setups, I will swing them a few days out. I did a META call on Wednesday near close and sold this morning for a 200% profit. I sat out the rest of today and I am glad I did.

I have a CVX option that I have held for a week that's up 66%, I sold 50% for profit and will hold the rest longer than most with oil pumping.
I found that I get more consistent gains day trading SPY calls about 45 mins after open when the choppiness is usually in full effect. I'll watch it on a 1 minute candle and try to buy a call a couple days out a few dollars OTM when the rsi starts to bottom out. I don't wait for a big gain, 3-10% is good enough for me and I'll sell it a few minutes after buying.

This past week SPY has seemed to start out great, and then shits the bed the last 10 minutes of trading. Tomorrow I'm going to buy some 0dte puts and hold em until the inevitable daily meltdown.
rydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-08-2024, 10:01 AM   #13971
Politically Incorrect

I feel a major correction coming when Iran retaliates against Israel / US.

They are ****ing pissed
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2024, 11:48 AM   #13972
Starter

Quote:

They are ****ing pissed
It’s coming and it could be a doozy in the wrong way
Tundra Scout is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Tundra Scout is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Tundra Scout is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Tundra Scout is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Tundra Scout is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Tundra Scout is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 04-08-2024, 12:53 PM   #13973
Fish are scared of me

Quote:

They are ****ing pissed
Maybe UCO / USO is in play. Gotta take advantage
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2024, 08:42 AM   #13974
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
Maybe UCO / USO is in play. Gotta take advantage
What are those?
Old 04-09-2024, 09:21 AM   #13975
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteChief View Post
What are those?
USO is United States Oil Fund

UCO is 1.5x leveraged USO
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2024, 02:06 PM   #13976
MVP

Inflation reignites. CPI up 3.8% in March. We're going in the wrong direction. How does the Fed lower rates in this scenario? They don't unless there's a huge reversal from what's been happening over the past few months.

The Feds narrative makes no sense. The economy is doing great, unemployment is very low and inflation is rising. This is the scenario to RAISE rates.
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 04-10-2024, 06:37 PM   #13977
MVP

Looking at FedWatch it appears they predict there will be no rate cut until September. And that probability is about 40%. To get to the "three rate cuts in 2024" it would take a huge change and then they'd have to cut rates three times in a row at the end of the year. Highly unlikely. The Fed talks all the time and miss so many metrics right in their faces.
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 04-10-2024, 08:36 PM   #13978
Indian Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
Inflation reignites. CPI up 3.8% in March. We're going in the wrong direction. How does the Fed lower rates in this scenario? They don't unless there's a huge reversal from what's been happening over the past few months.

The Feds narrative makes no sense. The economy is doing great, unemployment is very low and inflation is rising. This is the scenario to RAISE rates.
We don't need the algorithms picking up any such sentiment.
philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-10-2024, 08:39 PM   #13979
Veteran

Didn’t the Fed already dismiss three and say two was a possibility?
Old 04-10-2024, 09:17 PM   #13980
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteChief View Post
Didn’t the Fed already dismiss three and say two was a possibility?
Last I heard there was still 3 on the table. But shit is getting busy and it's possible I missed it.

There is a Schwab podcast I sometimes have on had some schlub on that said it was possible they could put 3 cuts in the last Quarter.

I dunno what that fool was on but I need some.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.