Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-16-2019, 11:06 PM  
The Demon Preacher

Robert Pattinson... is Batman.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/r...cs-1203125473/

****ing hell... DC is garbage.
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-24-2022, 12:39 PM   #511
Settle this once and forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Good God, man, I hope this is in jest. Batman Forever is Dune ‘84 level bad.

I love it and that’s all that matters!

In all seriousness, I don’t pretend it’s good. I love Val Kilmer and Jim Carrey. It’s so campy. I love it.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 01:05 PM   #512
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post

In all seriousness, I don’t pretend it’s good. I love Val Kilmer and Jim Carrey. It’s so campy. I love it.
Don't forget horny Nicole Kidman.
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2022, 06:10 PM   #513
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth View Post
I liked it. I thought Pattinson was a really good choice for Batman.

No Batman will ever be as good as Nolan's versions, but this one tried and if Nolan didn't already do it, it would have been the best.

PS: the super unrealistic car chase scene where he jumped over the explosion... uhhh please stop doing this hollywood.
There was a ramp in the pile up. Did you miss the ramp? That makes it OK.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2022, 06:25 PM   #514
Immanentize The Eschaton

Anyway, I liked it. It was a good take on a younger version of Batman. The character has been portrayed as fully mature to somewhere around middle aged for quite a while in movies so this made it a bit fresher for me. The Penguin was great. The Riddler as a serial killer was a very, very good choice and elevated, in all honesty, a previously lame-ass villain. I was happy with Zoe Kravitz as Catwoman, she did well with it and the Bat/Cat relationship was done well.

It was still missing something though. It wasn't edge-of-your-seat exciting. It wasn't captivating and immersive for the entire run time of the movie. Maybe some editing could have tightened the thing up. But I enjoyed it and I'd like a sequel with Penguin.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2022, 07:02 PM   #515
Perpetual Mediocrity

I just watched this. It's excessively long (some could probably be edited off the first hour), but still quite good and a different take on Batman than we've seen before. I'm interested to see this built on in further sequels.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-24-2022, 07:36 PM   #516
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post

My apologies, I confused the Kilmer Batman with the Clooney Batman.

While BF was a big step down from the Keaton/Burton movies, it was Citizen Kane compared to the odious Batman and Robin.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2022, 09:07 PM   #517
MVP

Nygma, Edward Nygma.
Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 04-24-2022, 10:03 PM   #518
Stay positive, don't give up

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
I just watched this. It's excessively long (some could probably be edited off the first hour), but still quite good and a different take on Batman than we've seen before. I'm interested to see this built on in further sequels.
Same. This is like what a year 2 Batman basically?
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 04-24-2022, 10:28 PM   #519
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

That sounds about right. Seems like he's done enough to impress some detective level cops, but the rank and file guys don't really know about it, and they both resent and fear him. Which kind of makes sense. Who's this creepy ****er in the bat costume, and why is he getting special access to the crime scene?
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2022, 10:56 AM   #520
Stay positive, don't give up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
That sounds about right. Seems like he's done enough to impress some detective level cops, but the rank and file guys don't really know about it, and they both resent and fear him. Which kind of makes sense. Who's this creepy ****er in the bat costume, and why is he getting special access to the crime scene?
Right lol...I'm excited to see how far in the future the sequel will be.
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 04-27-2022, 07:14 AM   #521
The Boom Boom Room

Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-27-2022, 09:13 AM   #522
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
cool. I enjoyed it. Looking forward to the sequel.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 09:58 AM   #523
Champions

Not sure where we are with spoilers since this has been out for a while. I'm not going to wrap this, so proceed with some caution if you haven't seen it.

I caught this on HBO Max this week. It was... fine. I really liked the grittiness of Gotham and some of the cinematography was amazing. Great performance by Colin Farrell. Good performance by the rest of the cast. I didn't mind the dgaf/emo take on Batman. And I liked that they were trying to push the detective side of his persona.

My main problem with the whole movie was that it didn't feel like Batman really accomplished anything. He obviously has read a few riddle books, but outside of that, it feels like the police would have moved the investigation forward just as quickly without him. If anything, he was used by The Riddler to further his plan. Honestly, take Batman out of the movie. Does the outcome change? He didn't prevent any of the murders. He didn't prevent the assassination attempt on the incumbent mayor. He didn't prevent the flooding of the city. He didn't even catch the bad guy (who pretty much gave himself up). He... beat up some copy cats who had stranded themselves above an arena and moved one piece of metal to "rescue" some people while holding a flare.

It was way too long for the story it was presenting and got bogged down in surface level detective work that I imagine will be more boring on repeated views. But at least I brushed up on my Spanish definitive articles.

If they can learn a few things from this one, I'd definitely dive back into this world again. Great setting and atmosphere. I wouldn't mind them pushing things even more and going for the R rating. But I'm sure there's too much money to be made keeping it at PG-13 unfortunately.
Talisman would the whole thing.Talisman would the whole thing.Talisman would the whole thing.Talisman would the whole thing.Talisman would the whole thing.Talisman would the whole thing.Talisman would the whole thing.Talisman would the whole thing.Talisman would the whole thing.Talisman would the whole thing.Talisman would the whole thing.
Old 04-27-2022, 05:58 PM   #524
MVP

unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 08:45 PM   #525
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
Not sure where we are with spoilers since this has been out for a while. I'm not going to wrap this, so proceed with some caution if you haven't seen it.

I caught this on HBO Max this week. It was... fine. I really liked the grittiness of Gotham and some of the cinematography was amazing. Great performance by Colin Farrell. Good performance by the rest of the cast. I didn't mind the dgaf/emo take on Batman. And I liked that they were trying to push the detective side of his persona.

My main problem with the whole movie was that it didn't feel like Batman really accomplished anything. He obviously has read a few riddle books, but outside of that, it feels like the police would have moved the investigation forward just as quickly without him. If anything, he was used by The Riddler to further his plan. Honestly, take Batman out of the movie. Does the outcome change? He didn't prevent any of the murders. He didn't prevent the assassination attempt on the incumbent mayor. He didn't prevent the flooding of the city. He didn't even catch the bad guy (who pretty much gave himself up). He... beat up some copy cats who had stranded themselves above an arena and moved one piece of metal to "rescue" some people while holding a flare.

It was way too long for the story it was presenting and got bogged down in surface level detective work that I imagine will be more boring on repeated views. But at least I brushed up on my Spanish definitive articles.

If they can learn a few things from this one, I'd definitely dive back into this world again. Great setting and atmosphere. I wouldn't mind them pushing things even more and going for the R rating. But I'm sure there's too much money to be made keeping it at PG-13 unfortunately.
IMHO I gotta disagree with the notion that this Batman "didn't accomplish anything ". That couldn't be farther from the truth. He saved plenty of lives in this film (him risking his life to save that little boy life from a car running him over. In The Batman,Bruce Wayne is only in year 2 of being Batman and is still "wet behind the ears" and inexperienced / just getting used to the role of being Batman, so of course he wouldn't be some seasoned detective/ crime fighter. He is flawed to the core and beyond ****ed in the head. The use of the word "emo" to describe Pattinson's take of Bruce Wayne just doesn't sit right with me. Anyone that identifies as an emo wouldn't have the balls to fight for any sort of justice.

Also, your criticism of this Batman being "used" like a pawn by the Riddler is definitely true. But imo that was the director's point. The Riddler had been planning all that horrible shit from the get go (you can definitely tell Matt Reeves was heavily influenced by Nolan's The Dark Knight where the Joker was 10 steps ahead of Bale's Batman and the entire Gotham police force. )

I look forward to the sequel!
sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.