Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-16-2019, 11:06 PM  
The Demon Preacher

Robert Pattinson... is Batman.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/r...cs-1203125473/

****ing hell... DC is garbage.
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-08-2022, 11:52 PM   #421
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAGA45 View Post
I could see Joaquin Phoenix's Joker existing in this Universe. It was that grounded and gritty. Although...

Spoiler!

Overall 10/10. Loved the music...borrows just enough from the Imperial March to still be awesome and not make you see Vader instead of The Batman.
I agree with most of this. That theme was awesome....but they over used it a bit imo.

Also, I hope that Phoenix can make an appearance as Joker in this universe. I thought I read somewhere that he's in Joker 2.

Rest of the casting was great. Colin Ferrell was unrecognizable and fantastic as Penguin and Zoe did a very good Catwoman.

Patterson was a different spin and unexpected Batman. I didn't expect him to pass out, though in his defense any normal person would be rocked by that bomb blast. Dano was also very good as Riddler. I'm surprised he hasn't been on more things, as he fantastic in There Will be Blood...holding his own with Daniel Day-Lewis.

Very good movie.
mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 03-09-2022, 06:03 PM   #422
Mahomes Dynasty

Movie was good. Not great but good. It was kind of drawn out a bit, I don't mind a 3hr movie but it can't have a lot of slow spots. This movie tended to have quite a bit slow parts IMO.

Really the only character I had a problem with was Pattinson. He's a good actor. That's fine. I just don't think he was the right guy to play Batman/Wayne. Too skinny, don't like the whole Emo Bruce gimmick. I just get turned off real quick on that kind of shit. I had this feeling going into the movie so maybe I was a bit biased from the start.

The Batsuit just looked weird, namely the cowl. Said this before but it looks like something out of the movie Kickass.

The theme song played more times than a Peacock ad. Jim Gordon's only lines in the movie were "jesus christ".

Not too important, but the Batmobile was pretty half assed. A 60's Charger with a jet drive?? Cmon man...needs to be more unique to the character than that. I dont care if this is based off the year2 comic story or whatever.

6.5 to 7 out of 10 if I were to rank. I still think the Nolan trilogy and the 1st two Burton/Keaton Batman movies were better than this one.
CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.
Old 03-10-2022, 11:15 AM   #423
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMoChief View Post
Movie was good. Not great but good. It was kind of drawn out a bit, I don't mind a 3hr movie but it can't have a lot of slow spots. This movie tended to have quite a bit slow parts IMO.

Really the only character I had a problem with was Pattinson. He's a good actor. That's fine. I just don't think he was the right guy to play Batman/Wayne. Too skinny, don't like the whole Emo Bruce gimmick. I just get turned off real quick on that kind of shit. I had this feeling going into the movie so maybe I was a bit biased from the start.

The Batsuit just looked weird, namely the cowl. Said this before but it looks like something out of the movie Kickass.

The theme song played more times than a Peacock ad. Jim Gordon's only lines in the movie were "jesus christ".

Not too important, but the Batmobile was pretty half assed. A 60's Charger with a jet drive?? Cmon man...needs to be more unique to the character than that. I dont care if this is based off the year2 comic story or whatever.

6.5 to 7 out of 10 if I were to rank. I still think the Nolan trilogy and the 1st two Burton/Keaton Batman movies were better than this one.
I mainly agree with your points, except I think the movie was a bit better than 6.5 or 7. I give it an 8.5. Definitely not as good as the Nolan Batman trilogy but this seems better than any other Batman other than that.

If they plan to make many movies out of this, it's going to easy to get exhausted so to speak based on this style. I was really surprised that Selena Kyle/Catwoman character would kind of steal the show. I thought it was quite well done in that area.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-10-2022, 03:20 PM   #424
Banned

HBO is giving The Penguin character his own series....I'm down for this. He was a great spin on the villain and Colin can act when he feels like it.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/the...ax-1235200087/
mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 03-10-2022, 07:39 PM   #425
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkp785 View Post
HBO is giving The Penguin character his own series....I'm down for this. He was a great spin on the villain and Colin can act when he feels like it.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/the...ax-1235200087/
Will be interesting if they bring in other side villains that are maybe not big enough for the movies. Mad Hatter, Deadshot, Azrael, etc.
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-10-2022, 09:14 PM   #426
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMoChief View Post

I loved the new Batmobile. May be my favorite of all time, surpassing the one from the '89 Burton movie. Like I said earlier, it reminded me of an undead version of the Mad Max car. Of course, I'm extremely partial to late 60s/early 70s muscle cars, and that's obviously the look they were going for.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-11-2022, 03:58 PM   #427
Banned

This is hilarious

Capt_Von_Trapp ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.Capt_Von_Trapp ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.
Old 03-11-2022, 04:11 PM   #428
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Von_Trapp View Post
This is hilarious

That kid is a bitch.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 05:22 PM   #429
My Mamma Says

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
That kid is a bitch.
Yeah, they found a pussy to review it..
Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-11-2022, 05:48 PM   #430
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
That kid is a bitch.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2022, 12:20 PM   #431
pie is never free

Went last night, its very good and obviously deserves all the praise its getting... Reeves clearly had his own distinct vision for that universe

While I still prefer Bale, Pattinson more than holds his own here, his angsty and tortured take definitely works

Dano was INCREDIBLE
Farrell was EXCELLENT

My only nitpick is how Batmans suit can now take multiple direct hits from machine guns and shotguns at very close range, I mean, come on now...

IMO it goes...

The Dark Knight
Batman Begins
The Batman

And thats no slam to be sure, to make my top 3 is a definite compliment... I'll end up buying this for my personal collection
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2022, 04:13 PM   #432
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Von_Trapp View Post
This is hilarious

That kid is now old enough that we could find him and beat his ass silly.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 05:19 PM   #433
I'll be back.

Stylistically, it was the best Batman movie we've gotten.

I felt like the characters/plotline didn't give us much to be interested in. Felt like a rehash of a lot of Batman tropes. Performances were great.

7.5/10. It ain't Nolan.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 05:27 PM   #434
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Stylistically, it was the best Batman movie we've gotten.

I felt like the characters/plotline didn't give us much to be interested in. Felt like a rehash of a lot of Batman tropes. Performances were great.

7.5/10. It ain't Nolan.
If anything it suffers because there’s been an over saturation of Batman the past 20-30 years. I think it’s a really great movie, but there’s only so many ways to keep doing these movies. What’s the next reboot in 5-10 years? A return to the camp 60s style?
Capt_Von_Trapp ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.Capt_Von_Trapp ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.
Old 03-12-2022, 08:33 PM   #435
Settle this once and forever

What stood out for me were the Batman theme they kept playing with the piano chords, the Batmobile reveal, and the hallway fight scene illuminated by machine gun fire.

Also, Zoe Kravitz. I would do some strange, strange things to her.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.