Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2015, 03:48 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?

What are you up to this weekend?

I finally gave up on my smoker and decided to get a new smoker. I went with a bigger model but less tech. Yes, its a cheater electric smoker. My 3rd one. I need more space to cook, I don't need help getting my smoke and temp right.

I've also never used injection for flavor except for pork butt or other big cuts of meat. I decided to give it a try. I developed my own injection. Basically like the other recipes you have out on the internet but I'm putting the rub in the injection and using sirracchi.

Full results not in yet but my son and I think its the best sausage we have ever had.

No sauce. Marinated the meat overnight. Injected the meat. Slow cooked the ribs and chicken. Baste it with a combo of butter and apple juice. Using a combination of Apple, Mesquite, Cherry and Hickory wood.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11539678_10205518593098849_7496287094654554585_n.jpg
Views:	6981
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	110157   Click image for larger version

Name:	11204917_10205518655060398_84193330748835473_n.jpg
Views:	6561
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	110158   Click image for larger version

Name:	11403311_10205518654740390_5737794009802538289_n.jpg
Views:	6918
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	110159   Click image for larger version

Name:	11060263_10205518594938895_5571454432064515726_n.jpg
Views:	6825
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	110160  
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-25-2022, 06:54 PM   #3211
Ain't no relax!

Found some baby backs on sale last week...

Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 06:52 PM   #3212
Cheat Death

Poppers is life

Chopped up some leftover rib tips from a recent spares cook. Recommended.

KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-20-2022, 07:15 PM   #3213
Supporter

Dude. KCU if I get rich I’m just going to contract you to feed me.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 07:06 PM   #3214
Cheat Death

KC BBQ Store free shipping flash sale

KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-18-2023, 09:47 PM   #3215
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
I cut the bologna too deep. Everyone loved the ribs and boneless thighs.
Always wanted to do the bologna burnt ends.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-18-2023, 10:08 PM   #3216
Elway be drinkin' again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
I cut the bologna too deep. Everyone loved the ribs and boneless thighs.
Smoked bologna is the bomb.
I am smoking a couple of racks of beef ribs for the Chiefs game. Bought a Yoder last year. I put in a couple of smoke tubes and let it go. The APP to control the thing makes life really easy. I have XL big green egg as well but have only been using it for steaks and Pizza lately.
Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-27-2023, 06:19 AM   #3217
MVP

Flat tops have become really popular. Here's a quick video on how to deep clean them. The cleaner at the beginning is EcoLab grill cleaner.

Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 03-27-2023, 07:13 AM   #3218
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
Flat tops have become really popular. Here's a quick video on how to deep clean them. The cleaner at the beginning is EcoLab grill cleaner.

I just use a bench scraper to push everything to grease trap, get a paper towel, run the bench scraper with a paper towel over it until it's clean. Biggest thing is do it while it's hot.

A few times early on I did some shit with some sugar in it that stuck pretty good and I just used some water in a squirt bottle. If it's seasoned, the steam from the water should release your burned on shit.

I'm not looking to use any chemical on mine.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2023, 07:32 AM   #3219
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post

There is A LOT wrong with that video. While the operator may have got the end result they want, the procedure is incorrect and unsafe. I would suggest to Google the 3M video on high temperature grill cleaner and use the glycerin based product along with the long handle scrub and squeegee sold by them. I recommend 3M because it is sold lots of places and they invented this technology (many copies now out there). Also, NEVER pour that much liquid on your hot flat top - good way to not have a working flat. YMMV.
Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-27-2023, 08:09 AM   #3220
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I just use a bench scraper to push everything to grease trap, get a paper towel, run the bench scraper with a paper towel over it until it's clean. Biggest thing is do it while it's hot.

A few times early on I did some shit with some sugar in it that stuck pretty good and I just used some water in a squirt bottle. If it's seasoned, the steam from the water should release your burned on shit.

I'm not looking to use any chemical on mine.
Depending on what I cook on it, I'll use scary soap to clean it. Gasp. I know.

It gives me a chance to keep ot freshly seasoned.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 05-02-2023, 03:41 PM   #3221
Baba Ganoush

Smoked a tri-tip as you would a brisket aka trisket. Turned out so damn good, very juicy and tender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 06:03 PM   #3222
Supporter

I love smoked tri tip. It's one of my go to favorites. I have been smoking a lot more meat this year. We used to go out to eat on Sunday after church. But it's gotten so expensive, that we hardly ever go now. My wife is the piano player, so Sunday starts with practicing with the choir and it's just a long morning for her. So I do Sunday lunch on the smoker. One week I'll do Salmon, next week ribs, another week tri tip, another week chicken, etc We eat so much better for a lot less money, and eat on it for a couple of days after. My family doesn't complain a bit about not going out to eat and I enjoy doing it.
jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2023, 06:53 PM   #3223
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
Smoked a tri-tip as you would a brisket aka trisket. Turned out so damn good, very juicy and tender.

OUTSTANDING work! How long, what temp(s), when did you put it in paper?
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2023, 04:07 PM   #3224
Baba Ganoush

County style pork ribs, getting ready for game 3.

In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 04:16 PM   #3225
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
OUTSTANDING work! How long, what temp(s), when did you put it in paper?
Damn man, I didn’t see your post. My bad brotha, I did 225 until internal temp hit 120 (rare). I wrapped and took it off at 155-160.