Old 02-27-2024, 08:57 AM  
MVP

***2024 NFL Free Agency***

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
Can somebody create a “2024 Free Agency” thread, please. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Done
JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2024, 02:01 PM   #5296
MVP

lattimore for that price and he will be done when McDuffie comes due.. tempting. I'd be interested in the post June 1 Godwin rumor too.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 05-02-2024, 02:01 PM   #5297
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balto View Post
Marshon Lattimore cap hit to a new team:
2024- $1.210M
2025- $18M
2026- $18.5M

That $1.21M for this season makes it very very tempting.
So, we traded away Sneed to take on Lattimore's deal? Why?
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 02:02 PM   #5298
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
So, we traded away Sneed to take on Lattimore's deal? Why?
Paying a dude a million dollars for 1 year and not being on the hook for any of the following money is way different than throwing out a huge guarantee that you have to pay right now and being on the hook for all the money.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 02:05 PM   #5299
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
Paying a dude a million dollars for 1 year and not being on the hook for any of the following money is way different than throwing out a huge guarantee that you have to pay right now and being on the hook for all the money.
That makes sense. Although, with all of the young DB talent we have, I'm not sure we need another body.

I'd also rather not give up a pick of ANY sort.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 02:06 PM   #5300
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
It would be $18.5M each year with no dead cap for cutting him, so no, not really insane unless he's completely fallen off the cliff.
Right.

If all it costs is a 5th, maybe even a 4th, and you get 1 year of him for asswipe money and then cut him with no cap penalty, that's not the worst thing in the world.

Sneed/4th/long-term cap flexibility (and $17 in short term cap space)

for

Lattimore/3rd

I mean, that's an obvious win, no?
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2024, 02:08 PM   #5301

Quote:
That makes sense. Although, with all of the young DB talent we have, I'm not sure we need another body.

I'd also rather not give up a pick of ANY sort.
Puts a LOT of faith in Williams being able to hold up over a full season. And someone like Conner having greater slot responsibility.

I do think we're a little on the shy side at CB. I mean I know everyone's in love with Nazeh Johnson but man there are a lot of unknowns there. He may not have EVER been good and coming of an injury that's derailed the career of many a DB, I'm not sure how confident we can be that he ever will be.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2024, 02:15 PM   #5302
In Search of a Life

It wouldn't be the worst idea. I'd guess he goes hard wanting an extension though with guaranteed money in it, so you'd probably have to do something.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2024, 02:20 PM   #5303
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Puts a LOT of faith in Williams being able to hold up over a full season. And someone like Conner having greater slot responsibility.

I do think we're a little on the shy side at CB. I mean I know everyone's in love with Nazeh Johnson but man there are a lot of unknowns there. He may not have EVER been good and coming of an injury that's derailed the career of many a DB, I'm not sure how confident we can be that he ever will be.
Even without him (Johnson), though, we have McDuffie, Williams, Watson, and Jones to go along with being about 5 deep at S, and that's to say nothing of Kamal Hadden, whom I've heard the Chiefs were thrilled to pick up where they did.

Maybe we need another body, though I love watching the young guys get to learn and grow.
Old 05-02-2024, 02:28 PM   #5304
CP'S "MOST HATED" 😆

We've got nine CB's on the roster and two years ago after Ward left Veach and Reid traded away a guy who played in the SB (Fenton) and decided to throw Mcduffie, Williams and Watson straight into the fire. All three have since gone on to play a role In two superbowl wins. And now you got Nic Jones, Johnson, Hadden and Battle in the mix too. So I doubt they target a CB tbh.
UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 02:36 PM   #5305

Quote:
Even without him (Johnson), though, we have McDuffie, Williams, Watson, and Jones to go along with being about 5 deep at S, and that's to say nothing of Kamal Hadden, whom I've heard the Chiefs were thrilled to pick up where they did.

Maybe we need another body, though I love watching the young guys get to learn and grow.
The fact that Williams/Watson jockeyed positions for as long as they did makes me a little nervous. It wasn't because one kept stealing the job - it was because neither really separated himself.

That said, it really did seem like Williams took control of that job down the stretch. And I think I'm pretty confident in him. I'm more worried about CB3 and what we'll do in the event of the inevitable injury in the defensive backfield.

Conner I do think will be a big part of the answer next season. I think he'll be able to step up and maybe be more of a full time NCB than pure backup safety. I loved his range though I do wonder if he'll have the feet to stay in guys pockets when he's asked to step into the slot.

I think in an ideal world, Jaylen Watson remains a backup rather than someone who's seeing 40 snaps/gm. I just think he got exposed a little last season. It wouldn't take much for us to have to lean pretty heavily on him and I don't love that.
Old 05-02-2024, 03:28 PM   #5306
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger View Post
We've got nine CB's on the roster and two years ago after Ward left Veach and Reid traded away a guy who played in the SB (Fenton) and decided to throw Mcduffie, Williams and Watson straight into the fire. All three have since gone on to play a role In two superbowl wins. And now you got Nic Jones, Johnson, Hadden and Battle in the mix too. So I doubt they target a CB tbh.
Agreed. We won a SB running a bunch of rookies out there and then won another with them as second year players. Spags sure as **** ain't worried about playing rookies.
Old 05-02-2024, 03:34 PM   #5307
The man you could post like.

First of all, why the **** wouldn't you just have kept Sneed then?

Second of all, doubt Lattimore even gets on a practice field without having some guarantees implemented in any prospective trade.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2024, 09:34 AM   #5308
In Search of a Life

Chark to the Chargers and OBJ to the Dolphins.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2024, 09:39 AM   #5309

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Chark to the Chargers and OBJ to the Dolphins.
1 year and 'up to' $8.25 million; base appears to be about $3 million.

Yeah, that's probably right where I'd have been willing to offer him. Kinda disappointed we didn't get him at/near that figure.

With a base salary of $3 million, if we weren't willing to guarantee $5 million and put together a similar incentive structure to get to $9 million, that really kinda tells me that Palmers "The Chiefs are expecting a half-season suspension or longer for Rice" stuff is bullshit.

At that kind of money with the cap space to make it work, there's no reason NOT to do it if you think you're losing your top receiver for half a year.
Old 05-03-2024, 09:40 AM   #5310
Baba Ganoush

Claypool to Buffalo
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.