Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-24-2004, 08:25 AM  
Supporter

Handy-Man Corner

I'm tired of bad Chiefs news.....

I thought it would be a good idea for a thread on the Handy-Man.

Do you have any Home remedies, gadgets you've made, advice on car repair, home maint, sollutions to kill weeds in your yard, bugs in your garden?

Use Coke to clean your batteries? That type of stuff.
Home made floor dry?
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:01 PM   #376
West Coast Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
No, you shouldn't paint melanine.
That's what I thought. Thanks, melanine's not the best route I should take.
bogie is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.bogie is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:19 AM   #377
When a nightmare becomes real

Ok, now for the final phase of the "getting my place ready to sell" project. Carpet.

How much should I expect to pay (labor and materials)? I'm guessing I have around 300 sq feet to carpet, and I just want some cheap carpet.
Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:21 AM   #378

Tommorrow we are putting some swiftlock wood flooring laminate in the kitchen. Anyone have any experience with this? It seems pretty easy, just snap it together.
Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:31 AM   #379
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy
Tommorrow we are putting some swiftlock wood flooring laminate in the kitchen. Anyone have any experience with this? It seems pretty easy, just snap it together.
Ya might wanna try..uhmm..how to say this?..ah, yes!..snapping it together.
Chief Chief is not part of the Right 53.Chief Chief is not part of the Right 53.Chief Chief is not part of the Right 53.Chief Chief is not part of the Right 53.Chief Chief is not part of the Right 53.Chief Chief is not part of the Right 53.Chief Chief is not part of the Right 53.Chief Chief is not part of the Right 53.Chief Chief is not part of the Right 53.Chief Chief is not part of the Right 53.Chief Chief is not part of the Right 53.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:38 AM   #380
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Heh, yeah it's easy if you have a perfectly square room with no obstacles. What's the layout of your kitchen like?
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:39 AM   #381
Phobia

Quote:
Snapping it together isn't the trouble. Undercutting trim and getting the laminate cut around the tight places in your kitchen is the problem, especially for first timers.

Laminate is always marketed to inexperienced DIYers as "easy" but it's really difficult, especially if your room isn't square.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:41 AM   #382

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater
Heh, yeah it's easy if you have a perfectly square room with no obstacles. What's the layout of your kitchen like?
We will be replacing the trim as well.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp New Bitmap Image.bmp (558.2 KB, 256 views)
Old 01-26-2007, 08:42 AM   #383
Phobia

Quote:
Ok, now for the final phase of the "getting my place ready to sell" project. Carpet.

How much should I expect to pay (labor and materials)? I'm guessing I have around 300 sq feet to carpet, and I just want some cheap carpet.
Carpet is generally sold by the yard. You're looking at 10 yards.

You should be able to get incredibly cheap carpet installed - all inclusive for around $1000. If you're selling your place, upgrade the pad. It will make the carpet feel more expensive than it is.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:43 AM   #384
The Maintenance Guy

Any door jambs?
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:43 AM   #385

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater
Any door jambs?
no.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:52 AM   #386
MVP

Quote:
Since you're selling your house I guess this is OK. A friend of mine put down a similar floor in the kitchen and water seeped between the joints and caused the wood to swell. He's living with it for now, but plans on going another route when he fixes this mistake.
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:57 AM   #387
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
no.
Good, because they are a big hassle. Your's looks fairly simple. I'd recommend buying an installation kit with a tapping block, pulling bar and spacers. This is the best pic I could find of one:

Even though it seems easy to snap them together when you have two loose pieces, it's not going to be that easy when you are putting the stuff down. Alway be ginger when using the tapping block because the edges can and will chip. My best advice is to be patient with the stuff and don't force it.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:12 AM   #388
Phobia

Good advice BE.

Saul, you aren't gonna snap this floor together in 2 hours like you see on TV. Leave plenty of time to get it done and don't rush. Measure twice, cut once.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:39 AM   #389
Supporter

Anyone ever put in a door and door frame? Need to replace my front door. New door is 80" and old one is about 84" tall. Obviously, I'm going to have to added facer board on the outside and sheetrock on the inside. I will have my uncle who is fairly experienced at home improvements help guide me. Do you guys have any other advice on this?
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:44 AM   #390
Supporter

Front door at my first house was one of the bigger "Oh crap" projects I got into in that project.
Everything was so out of whack that it was quite an ordeal.
Have some lumber, plenty of shims, some insulation to stuff, caulking and some edging.

I can't imagine your project not being easier than that mess was....
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.